• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are we crazy???

mariamard1

Mouseketeer
We are staying offsite at Homewood Suites on Harbour for Dec 22-28 chistmas. I was just talking to a woman from my dd school and she said xmas at DL was TERRIBLE last year. She said take her advice and cancel. Of course that is NOT going to happen , but still!!I asked why she had such a bad time and she laughed and said"You'll see!" then went on to tell me that they stopped letting people into the park. Then when got in, they tried to get lunch and that was over an hour wait. The cast members were rude, blah blah blah!I went Easter this year and it really wasnt bad, at all. Crowds, yes. Did we still fall in love with DL/DC? Yes. tell me,are we nuts?? :earsgirl: --maria

Yes, you're nuts. But that's okay. :teeth:

The idea is, PLAN for it to be crowded. Don't plan to rush. Take full advantage of Fastpasses. Eat at off-times and the lines will be a little shorter. If you want good viewing for parades/shows/fireworks, get a spot early, but bring something to do (and/or eat where you are sitting). Or don't worry about great viewing and spend more time on the rides.

We went twice this summer. Both times it was fairly crowded. But we expected that, and we had a GREAT time!

oooops posted as though you were going to WDW...can't help with Dl at Christmas.

Yes, it is crazy....hey, you asked! :earboy2:
But, it sounds like you know what you are in for and how to plan accordingly. It is the clueless traveler who shows up during the busiest time of year and then complains that they had to wait too long for everything and there were too many people that leave disappointed. :rolleyes:
If this is the best time your family can go, it is certainly better than not going at all.
Have a wonderful trip :flower:

It is too bad your friend had to ruin your expectations of an upcoming trip! I have a friend like that, too! Even when they're right, it doesn't mean they have to put such a downer on it! Christmas is the busiest time of year at DL-busier than summer. It is possible for them to stop letting guests into the park if it gets over the max. You can avoid that by arriving early. I would plan to rise early and maybe not stay late. The night hours are the worst. Of course, you may want to see the fireworks show-I'm not sure if they will continue with the 50th theme or have their popular Christmas fireworks. For this, again, I would arrive early and hang out in your spot. When it's over, it may be extremely crowded-wall to wall people. You may be better off getting to the side of the crowd and hanging out a short while before trying to head down main street! Then I would start ealry again the next day. You can see the Christmas parade in the afternoon, so you don't have to see it and the fireworks during the night crowds. Definately eat at off times to avoid overlong lines. DCA always seems less crowded than DL, so you may want to start at DL and then head over to DCA in the afternoon. As long as you're prepared in your mind that it may be very busy, then you shouldn't be blindsided by it! I'm sure you will still have a magical time! DL at Christmastime is the best! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter