Are we finally sailing? The Disney Difference Sep/Oct 2016 it's a wrap!

Oh, no, I'm so sorry to hear this. I enjoyed reading her reports. Prayers to Jo and the rest of her family and friends. At least she is at peace now and out of pain. :littleangel:

This makes me so sad. I wished I could have met her; she was such a bright spot here on the DIS. I will miss her charm and sense of humor. Peace to Jo as she grieves this loss.

I am sorry to hear this as she was a riveting trip reporter and I really enjoyed her stories. :cloud9:

Oh my, I'm very sad to hear that. I haven't been on the disboards nearly as long as most of you, but I have always found her reports and comments to be kind, funny, and charming. Truly, you just knew from her words that she was a sweet soul. My heart goes out to Jo and all of you who counted her as a "real-life" friend.

Oh that is so sad. We were almost on a cruise with Paula and Jo a few summers ago but I think they didn't sail in the end, I've read many of her trip reports. She will be missed online as much as I'm sure she is missed in real life. Condolences to Jo and her family xx

Thank you so much for posting that Alison. I came on here to do that and you worded it much better than I would have. :hug:

RIP Paula. I will miss you very much. Your words always brought a smile to my face...both on your amazing TRs and also in providing comments on mine.

Thanks for posting, Alison.

I came here to see if anyone had posted about Polly's (Paula) passing. She was a wonderful and witty friend. We met on a Disney cruise thru Disboards in 2012 and had been in constant contact ever since. She and Jo always made time to visit when vacationing here in Kissimmee and have been so generous and kind to my children over the years.
I know she connected with many others here and would be happy that she made a mark on the Disboards.. with a stellar trip report to go along with it. :)

Alison, thank you for posting. I was so sad when I heard the news. I had seen Polly around on the DIS for a number of years, but only really started talking to her more very recently - it all started with some iPad issues that we both shared. And I quickly came to admire her for her humor, her positivity and charm. I will truly miss her presence here!

I have some sad news for everyone here that Jo (Paula's wife) asked me to share. This morning Paula passed away.

Jo shared this note on Facebook this morning.

"After years of battling with health problems this morning my beautiful, funny, amazing wife died peacefully in hospital. She touched so many people's lives and everyone was better for knowing her."

We will all miss her loving spirit, her great attitude and her charming wit. :flower3:

So very sad to hear this news! I always enjoyed her reports and strong spirit. Prayers for Jo and the rest of Polly's family.

I'm so sad to hear this. Polly was such a sweet, kind, generous and brave person, with an unbelievably positive attitude. My condolences to Jo and her family. I'll miss reading her trip reports. She was also a talented writer. I hope her family can take some comfort in knowing how many people she touched.

So sad to hear this news about Polly. I really enjoyed reading her trip reports and seeing her charm and positivity on the boards. Sending my love to Jo and their families (and Huey) at this time.

It's been a month now since Polly's funeral. My heart continues to ache with sadness that she is no longer with us and I couldn't bring myself to say anything previously. Jo asked me to share that she appreciated all your kind words. This was a world that she didn't know much about except for what Polly talked about. It was a beautiful service with a huge turn out. Polly touched so many people in this world and I for one am blessed to have known her. I am thankful to the Dis for bringing us together, she had become my closest friend. If you could continue to say prayers for Jo and the rest of Polly's family I know they would help.

It is funny I was thinking of her the other day. I really did love her attitude of the world and her Pollyism's.

I felt sad today working on an update for my TR. She was so interested in the Star Wars Day At Sea, I told her that I would get to it in due time. Now I feel bad for not having given her a sneak peek.

It's been a month now since Polly's funeral. My heart continues to ache with sadness that she is no longer with us and I couldn't bring myself to say anything previously. Jo asked me to share that she appreciated all your kind words. This was a world that she didn't know much about except for what Polly talked about. It was a beautiful service with a huge turn out. Polly touched so many people in this world and I for one am blessed to have known her. I am thankful to the Dis for bringing us together, she had become my closest friend. If you could continue to say prayers for Jo and the rest of Polly's family I know they would help.

I did not have the pleasure of knowing Polly past the pages of the DIS, but I felt that I was in the company of a very special person when I read her posts. How caring of you to join Jo for the service. I will continue to pray for Jo; I can't imagine her pain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter