Are We Nuts??? Early Flight to Orlando

I just made reservations (I can't believe I just did this) w/USAir leaving out of Philly at 6:10 a.m. getting into ORlando at 8:24 a.m. I've been watching ticket prices for about the past 5 or 6 mos. & the price I got for the 2 of us ($323.00) was the best I've seen since right around the time those idiots bombed the WTC. I can't actually believe I'll be up in the "3's", but now that I've committed to it, I have to admit, I'm getting excited - it'll be hard to wait until 5/18/02 to get there now!!!

:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Count us in. We pick as early of a flight as possible to get to Orlando. Next trip in August will be a 7AM flight from Chicago. This way we can have a full day at one of the parks.

We did what DisneyJen did last April. We had someone drop us off at the Marriot and we spent the night got up at 4 and had no problem catching our flight. You can get a better nights sleep that way. This May 11th we are flying out of AC on Spirit at 7am We only live 15 mins from there.

Come to think of it this isn't nuts at all. On our first WDW trip we didn't get to Orlando until around 3, and left at 2PM. That meant our first evening in the parks, and no park time on our last day. Now we know better--get to Orlando about 11:30, and then not leave until at least 7PM.
Robin M.

We are going to Disney World in March. I booked our tickets via Orbitz in August, to get their cheapest rate from Norfolk, Va to Orlando we had to take an early morning flight or late afternoon. I opted for the earlyone,because we get there at 10:05am, but we stop in Atlanta for an hr(I think). Well when we first booked it was suppose to be a 5:50am flight, a few months later Orbitz sends me an e-mail saying flight times have changed to 5:40am, OUCH!:o We live about 15-20 minutes from the airport and we will leave our car there. I wouldnt dare ask anybody to drive us at that hr. I know they state that they want you there 2 hrs ahead of time, but I need to call and check to see if Security will be there or ticket people will be there at that time. The Norfolk airport is VERY small, kinda like going to a shopping mall. I know it will be an early morning for me and dh and kids, but well worth it once we are onthat plane to Disney.

We always took the 7 AM flight from Newark airport to WDW. But about 2 yrs. ago, I found a late flight (9 PM) & we started flying down the night "before" our vacation. I got some really good prices on Delta, so the extra nt. accomodations were more than off-set for our family of 4. Since 9/11, the airline scheduling seems to have changed (Just like everything else in our lives!). It would cost soooo much more to flyout the night before. So we are back to the 7 AM flight. We get up quite early during the wk. at home, so now that the kids are older, I don't expect as much crankiness from taking the early AM flight.

My best advice is to get to sleep as early the night before as possible. I always have last minute packing to do despite my best intentions. We took an early flight last trip and let the 2 dds sleep in a T-shirt and just put on jeans when they woke up. When we got to DW they were fine but we were beat. I thought we would enjoy getting there early and we did enjoy a swim in the pool but it would have been a lot better if we had gotten a little more sleep the night before.

Just my 2 cents.

Well, we live about 3 hours from Manchester airport, so we always "park and fly"...I always try to get a very early flight as I like to be in Florida when it is still morning! :D So, we just stay overnight, usually at the hotel closest to the airport...it makes it much easier for the two kids (4 and 2)! :)

Have a great time! :)

We always try to take the 6:00 am flight out of Greensboro. We will be landing in MCO about 7:40 and that will give us time for just about a whole day to do what we want. Whether it be a park day with our annual passes or a "settling in" day it is nice to get the travelling over with early. We also wait and fly out late on our final day. That allows us to get the most out of our visit.

In your situation I would definitely check into the "park and play" options at the hotels near your airport. That would seem to be a nice solution.

We always try to take the 6:00 am flight out of Greensboro. We will be landing in MCO about 7:40 and that will give us time for just about a whole day to do what we want. Whether it be a park day with our annual passes or a "settling in" day it is nice to get the travelling over with early. We also wait and fly out late on our final day. That allows us to get the most out of our visit.

In your situation I would definitely check into the "park and play" options at the hotels near your airport. That would seem to be a nice solution.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter