Are we REALLY gonna do this again????

metsno1

Mouseketeer
So last August, our family of four spent a full two weeks at the world, with a great room at CSR, free dining, and a laid back plan of attack.

Let me tell you something about Florida in August, in case you weren't aware: It's hot. Melt the bottom of your sandals hot. Make my wife curl up in the fetal position in the hotel room under the AC hot. Sorry, but all those great tips that we read on the Dis about how to stay cool must be taken with a HUGE grain of salt hot. Did I mention that it was rather warm???:)

Well, despite the heat, and despite the fact that our younger daughter struggled with stomach problems for much of our trip, we still most certainly enjoyed our time at the Most Magical of All Vacation Destinations. I will say that, for us, the 14 nights turned out to be about 4 or 5 nights too long. I'm sure the heat contributed to it, but ultimately, we've been to The World enough times where we didn't feel constantly compelled back into the Parks. And it was so hot that long afternoons spent by the pool were just not terribly appealing. So yeah, by day ten, we were pretty much ready to head home. But being the troopers that we all are, we struggled through those final days ;) and still got home with-mostly-smiles.

But we also came home with a resolution that we probably would not be heading back to The World for at least three years. We had had enough, and by the end of September, we were still feeling somewhat bloated from overindulgence during free dining! :rotfl2: So we settled into our normal routines, and eventually started planning a nice long camping trip for next Summer that will take us to see family in Denver and Montana, and bring us back to our *other* favorite place on Earth, Yellowstone. Well, that trip is all planned and it will happen as scheduled. We're all very excited!

But then a couple days ago, those nasty cretins :eek: in Disney Marketing weaseled their way into my Inbox (OK, OK, so I invited them, get off my back, I'm trying to make a point here). And what did they place there? Yeah, of course, the 40% code for the Deluxes that I said would be the only places we'd be staying at Disney from now on. See, when we were down in August, I struck up a conversation with the concierge at the Beach Club when we were waiting for our table at Cape May. I told him about our struggles with the heat, and how my younger daughter hadn't been feeling too well. Seeing that we had come from Typhoon Lagoon that afternoon, he made a little Disney Magic happen, and made arrangements for us to hang out for the rest of the evening at Stormalong Bay to make our day end on a happy note! I'd always wanted to "test the waters" at a Deluxe, so I was thrilled! And the kids went wild. I went crazy. Sadly, however, I now don't think I can ever go back to the Values or Mods! That pool complex. The whole atmosphere. The walking distance to Epcot and the Studios. Monorail access.

And now.....40% off.

We can do 8 nights around Thanksgiving with the DDP, Hoppers with Water Parks, and airfare for just under $5000.

Can someone please explain to me exactly how the Disney Gods have managed to not only find a way to make me yearn to come back long before I said I would, but even convince me to upgrade to a Deluxe in the process?????

It's not a done deal yet, and I have some time before the code expires. But I'm feeling like it's slowly becoming inevitable.......It's mind control, I tell ya.:scared1: Mind control.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter