Are Weekends in Winter at TDR unmanageably busy?

Lachie

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone!

I am planning on going to the Tokyo Disney Resort in January next year for the first time and couldn't be more excited! I was just wondering if it is better to go during the week (19th-23rd) when the crowds are lighter but there are no fireworks or on the weekend (17th-18th) when the crowds are heavier but there are fireworks? Are the crowds unmanageable even on weekends in Winter?

Thanks in advance,
Lachie

I don't have firsthand experience with winter weekend crowds but my gut instinct would be to skip the fireworks and go during the week when crowds will be lower. The fireworks, at least as they were this past May, are not much to see. They only last a few minutes and aren't as impressive as the fireworks shows at WDW. Plus, there's always a chance they'd be cancelled due to weather anyway. TDR is on the bay and high winds can cause problems for the parades and fireworks.

The weekends are a bit slower in January due to the colder weather, but as already mentioned the chances of fireworks being cancelled happen due to weather conditions. They aren't that great anyway.

You're best off going during the week then you can do everything you want to do. You can see Once Upon A Time easily during the week and see some pyro during that show, but again that depends on weather they may play an alternate version.

Thanks very much TipsyTraveler and Corbisblue for your great advice - I think I will end up going during the week instead of the weekend!

Au Revoir!,
Lachie :thumbsup2

TDRexplorer dot com has lots of tips on when to go. Avoid weekends if possible. 45 minute lines can be 4 hours. We visited Monday through Saturday and found that Saturday was so overwhelming that we rode the smaller rides because we didn't want to wait in line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter