Are you a Disney Fan or a DisneyWorld fan?

camdensmom

DIS Veteran
I was just listening to this week's email show and completely related to the question regarding being a fan of Disney or of Dinsey World. I can say 100% that I am a Disney World fan. I have seen the movies and enjoy the songs from them. However, my obsession with Disney completely stems from my love of Disney World.

It goes back to childhood and the feeling of happiness from planning a trip and being on Disney property. Aside from the occasional Mickey Mouse pancake that I'll make on the weekend and my son's Mickey ears there really are no tangible traces of my love for Disney in the house.

I just thought it was a good question and was curious how others viewed themselves.

I'm a Disney World fan. I really love the movies from the 90's (Beauty & the Beast, Lion King, Aladdin, etc.), but the parks mean much more to me. Like most people, it's because of my childhood memories and also being able to bring my wife there for her first time on our honeymoon.

Also, I'm really only a Disney World fan, as I've only been to Disneyland once and I was too young to remember any of that trip.

I'm a Disney fan. We love all things Disney. If they make a movie we go see it, we have decorations (a few), clothes, etc. We LOVE disney world, but we like to carry thru that feeling at home during the times we are not there. We spread the love around though, Nick and Universal get equal time :thumbsup2

I'm a Disney fan! I've always loved Disney..the movies, characters, specials.. I have a very close friend who also shared this love, and we bonded over this in high school. My love led me to become a disney store cast member in college, and my love continued to grow. I had never stepped foot inside a Disney theme park until last September, and that led me rediscover another dimension of my fandom. There's not a happier place on earth, for certain, than a Disney theme park, but I always have the magic with me wherever I go because of the many components that make up Disneyness!

I'm actually the one who wrote the email they read (thank you, DisUnplugged Team!) about the subject. DH and I had the opportunity in 2002 to have discounted Park Hopper Passes and, since DS was 6 at the time, we felt like it was something we "should" do for his sake. Honestly, it was about as appealing to us as the idea of going to Paramount King's Island for a vacation (a step up from Six Flags, but not as inviting to us as many other destinations). The saving grace was that we'd heard that the customer service at WDW was great.

So, we went. We stepped into the lobby of Wilderness Lodge ($119/nt. with room code!!!) and were wowed. I like being wowed on vacation. From that moment on, it really was an ideal WDW trip...as have been the five that followed.

You know, I like some of the movies and enjoy reading about Walt Disney's life and work, but it's mainly about WDW for us.

Karla B.

My love is definitely geared more toward the theme parks (I love WDW and DLR...and would love to try parks outside the US as well).

I am most likely a disney fan, I enjoy watching the movies on a regular basis and am slightly obsessed with WDI! I am also a pin trader which makes me a tad more obsessed and I have a great love for all disney parks that I have had the opportunity to visit

I can say 100% that I am a Disney World fan. I have seen the movies and enjoy the songs from them. However, my obsession with Disney completely stems from my love of Disney World.

DITTO :thumbsup2 never gave disney much thought until I went to WDW on a free trip for listening to a timeshare sales pitch in "97". I've been hooked on WDW ever since.

Disney Fan!! It all started with my parents buying me these record albums that were literally soundtracks of movies like Bambi, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh and Snow White-complete dialogue and music. I played them until the grooves wore off and I had memorized the entire things!! (If anyone remembers them and knows how I can find them today-I'd love to hear about it!) We watched Wonderful World of Disney every Sunday night and when Walt announced WDW, there was no question where I wanted to go! I was 10 years old and I can still remember the drive in, there was just miles and miles of NOTHING until you suddenly came upon the Magic Kingdom gate. We stayed at CR and I can remember getting up really early and seeing the plain white trucks passing the resort and going to the secret underneath place. It was so wonderful for me when I bought DVC in 2006 to be able to take my parents to the World and repay them in some small way for all the joy they gave me by giving me Disney.

I own DVD's of all my favorite movies and take them out frequently, great background for housecleaning or baking and often MUCH better than what is passing for prime time television.

While I enjoy all things Disney, I'm like the OP. My obsession is for WDW.

As I grew up being taken to the cinema by my dad I'm definitely a Disney fan :)

Love Disneyland Paris resort and I'm sure I'll enjoy WDW.

Anything Disney usually has me getting interested... read obsessed :goodvibes

When I first saw this thread I thought, that's an easy one! But then after reading the whole thread, I saw myself changing my mind. I was going to put that I was a Disney Fan, but then I thought about how I get so excited about planning another trip, how I drag out the maps and guide books and even the notes that I wrote while on the last trip!
I haunt this site, WDW site and the airlines, looking for codes and cheaper airline tickets!
So I guess that I could and should call myself a WDW Fan!!! Either way, I happy whenever I think about Disney anything!!!:rotfl:

I was and always will be a Disney Fan...but that transfers over into the parks. I love going there and now sharing the parks w/ our kids. Dh isn't as much of a fan as I am, but he has a great time when he's there... and he understands me enough that he gave me my engagement ring in MK next to Cinderella's Fountain! :love:

I get teary eyed when I see the castle for the first time each visit...I guess that makes me a Disney geek!

I and my family are Disney fans period. We love the movies, the genius and visionary Walt, the Mouse. Most everyday, I realize I and my children have some Disney related clothing on. I know most people think we're nuts, but...

We have DISNEY everything. Ornaments, bedding, artwork, toaster, books, bags...here is one (of two) life size Mickeys in our TV room. (The picture is not so hot. My then 3 year old took it with her FP kid tough digital camera.)

72141IMG_0140_480_x_360_-thumb.jpg

The parks and cruises are the icing on the top of our cake.

I've always been a fan of Disney, especially movies from the late eighties and early ninties.

Sadly, my first trip to WDW wasn't until 1998, when I was 27 years old :scared1: :sad2: I've made up for it, though, and now frequent the parks as much as our budget will allow (which still isn't as often as I would like to visit). So, I am a WDW fan, but have just been a fan of Disney longer.

Definitely a DISNEY FAN! I try to keep up on all things Disney and having children helps keep me fluent on all the movies and Disney Channel happenings. But like Pete said, I just love when Disney does something and 'gets it right':goodvibes

I'm definately a Disney Fan! I love everything Disney. Movies, music, characters, Disney World, Disney channel shows, I love it all. There's almost always a Disney DVD in the player and my 2 oldest live on the Disney channel, especially in the evenings. DS6 has his room decorated in Cars, Christmas tree is always loaded with Disney ornaments, it's truly a whole Disney thing. :)

I would have to say a Disney fan. I used to love watching the Disney shows on Sunday night as a kid. I had forgotten how much I loved all things Disney as a kid until I was looking in past pictures. There are Disney lunchboxes, Disney stuffed animals, etc. I decorated with Disney stuff for my kids when they were babies.

Our trips to Disney World has just reawakened that love of all things Disney.

I've been a Disney fan since I was a toddler. My mom told me about the movies and about Disneyland. I saw many of the old classic films in the theatres during their many re-releases. I've even seen Song of the South in movie theatres. They were splendid. I had toy figures of Mickey, Donald et. al. My parents would buy me record albums of the films we'd see. Of course the Wonderful World of Disney was a weekly presence in the home as well as reruns of the Mouseketeers. And I used to love to get the Disney Magazine at the Gulf filling stations. So how could I not be a fan of all things Disney.

I remember being intrigued by Disneyland, and I had several picture books about it. My parents also gave me viewmaster pictures of Disneyland and Disneyworld. I remember my first profound yearning to go to the parks came about the time Disneyworld was opening. WWofDisney had a special with the Osmond Brothers in the parks. At one point, Donny got separated from his brothers and the programmed teased us with the prospect of Donny getting lost in the Haunted Mansion. This was a two part episode and naturally, the Haunted Mansion scene was delayed until week two. It was a torturous week for me as I waited for Donny and the Haunted Mansion.

From that moment on, I needed to go Disneyworld and the Haunted Mansion. I was not able to go until I was 28 years old. My wife and I spent two days of our honeymoon there. The first attraction we saw was the Haunted Mansion.

Sometimes, when you want something so badly and you build up your expectations, you are disapointed when you finally experience that thing. Well not only did Disneyworld meet my childhood expectations, but it exceeded them!!!!

So for me, all things Disney (or most things Disney) have been a tremendous source for joy, fun, education, and celebration.

Now my family and I enjoy the old cartoons (Mickey, Silly Symphonies, etc.) and go to Disneyworld every year. These are trips we will always cherish.

When people ask who I'm supporting for President this year, I say with only a slight bit of whimsy Walt Disney for President with Joe Torre for Vice President. They were able to conduct their professional lives with such a high degree of competence, that I am convinced they could our country better than any of today's candidates, and many of our past chief executives. Laugh if you will, but I am confident I have a point.pirate:

WISH I KNEW HOW TO DO THOSE COOL SIGNATURES WITH PICTURES OF THE RESORTS AND WHATNOT. I'D HAVE A YACHT CLUB PHOTO HERE ALONG WITH SOME MAGIC KINGDOM PHOTOS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter