Are you a Disney Fan or a DisneyWorld fan?

i think i was a pretty big disney fan as a kid (i watched the mickey mouse club, annette funicello and all)...

my first encounter with a disney park was when i was 16 years old, at Disneyland (i'm not sure whether WDW existed yet)..

i loved it.....

a few years later, in May of 1974, at the end of my freshman year in college, my roommates and I drove down from Baltimore to WDW (in a ford pinto!!). We camped in a tent at Fort Wilderness. I spent a week with them. And then my parents flew down from Detroit and i spent a week with them at the Contemporary Hotel.

My love for all things Disney began.

I love all the parks (but WDW most of all) and i love the movies and everything else about the company.
For reasons having nothing to do with what he created, i'm not a big fan of the man himself. But i do love all that he created and that was created by those who followed him.

I've been a Disney Fan since my childhood days. I always enjoyed watching the Mickey Mouse Club on TV, and on Sunday night Disney's Wonderful World of Color. My grandmother took my sister and I to see Mary Poppins when it was first released in Philadelphia. That was the first Disney movie I saw in a theatre, it is still my favorite Disney movie to this day.

We have been to WDW more times than I can count, again going the first time with my grandmother, or should I say, she went with us. We have been on 5 DCL cruises, with #6 booked for next year. Made one trip to Disneyland in 1985.

We have many Disney lithos and photos that cover our livingroom and bedroom walls. We have stacks of Disney movies, videos and sing-a-longs, yep, I LOVE the MOUSE ::MickeyMo

I'm a Disney fan, I am 24 and listen to the movie soundtracks in my car :lmao: I feel sorry for my boyfriend excepts when he was little his favourite 2 movies were Dumbo and The Little Mermaid. I have re-watched all the films over and over and over again. I am completely obsessed with WDW but I have never actually been, my obsession stems from me planning for a trip. Who knows, after I go for the first time I might be a WDW fangirl.

Great thread because there is definitely a difference. I am a fan of Disney World which makes me love some of the movies, music and other things Disney does but I do not have many Disney "things" in my house. The magic you feel in the parks is like no other feeling in the world. Disney World is truly an amazing place.

DISNEY fan here! All our vacations are spent in WDW (except for the next one because that will include DCL too!) but also...

- I can never take a trip to the mall without a stop in the Disney store
- In my car I have the CD soundtracks to Wishes, Illuminations, & WDW parades as well as many Disney movies, etc.
- I often listen to radioDisney even if the kids aren't in the car
- I never miss a Disney show on the Travel Channel (even if I've seen it 20 times already) but if I have to miss one it doesn't matter because I've recorded them all already anyway
- I mark all the big countdown days to a WDW trip ("announcing" the next trip, 100 days 'til WDW, 50 days, etc) with dinners made from the WDW recipes on allears

...and I'm sure there is more but I have to get back to planning that cruise!

I started out as a Disney movie fan as a child...expanded to an Eeyore fan/collector in junior high/high school...which expanded to a total Disney fan...which developed into me being a huge Disney World fan. Overall, I am a huge fan of EVERYTHING Disney! And since being an adult and being able to afford trips to WDW, I have just become obsessed with the parks. :) :)

I am first and foremost a Disney fan. Growing up in the 60's, Disney tought me how important family is to spend time together and to treasure each and every moment. Walt and the Wonderful World of Disney had a profound impact on myself as well as my brothers and sisters. However, my first trip to WDW was not until 1998 with my own children. Since then we have been back 14 times. Bringing those childhood memories with me to the park always makes me break down when I enter the Magic Kinkdom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter