• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

are you a heavy or light sleeper?

Deep. I wouldn't call it heavy; I can be awoken by noises, strong smells, light touch, drastic changes in temperature, etc., but I do sleep very soundly and satisfyingly. I think staying semi-alert during sleep actually comes from being a mom/caregiver, and some habits are hard to break. :goodvibes

Well, I worked graveyard shift for 25 years and slept during the day. Slept through them putting a new roof on my house, so I guess I am a heavy sleeper.

Light, and it's terrible. That's why I"m up so early on my day off today.......
It's why I take sleep meds

If sleeping were an Olympic sport I would be an elite athlete. I am a heavy sleeper and can sleep anywhere and through mostly anything. If something does manage to abruptly wake me it startles the daylights out of me and I will have a hard time going back to sleep.

Like someone else said, more of a deep sleeper than a heavy sleeper. I have to have white noise to sleep - a fan or a white noise app. If the power goes off during the middle of the night and the fan turns off, I wake instantly. But I can sleep through my husband's alarm (but not mine). Also like a previous poster, I can go to sleep almost anywhere. I fall asleep on the couch most nights for at least an hour, get up and feed the cats, wash my face, brush my teeth, put on pajamas and can still be back asleep within a few minutes. If I'm sleepy in the afternoon, I can set a timer on my phone for 30-40 minutes, fall asleep and wake up refreshed when the timer goes off.

I am a heavy sleeper from 9 to 1:30 am and then light from there until I get up at 4:15. The kids know that I am not the person to contact between those hours - that would be their dad but from 2 am on I am the person they should contact.

It's changed over the years. I used to be a really heavy sleeper and could sleep through a massive storym. Then I had my daughter and while she was a baby, became a very light sleeper. Now that she's a little older, I'm not a heavy sleeper like I used to but definitely not light.

Light and it's often hard to go back to sleep when some little thing (usually one of my cats or my bladder) wakes me up.

I am a very light sleeper as a result of parenthood-specifically due to one of my children being medically fragile. That same child though is one of the heaviest sleepers. His sleep/wake cycle is messed up (part of his genetic condition-he never has slept through the night and he is 19 now). I used to say that wild elephants tearing through the house Jumanji style wouldn't have woken him up. He has even fallen asleep standing up.

I am a hybrid. The first couple of hours I sleep light and I usually wake up at the two hour mark. Then I roll over and go back to sleep and may sleep anywhere from 7-10 hours, without waking up even when the lawn guy shows up and mows right outside my window. I don’t even move in the bed much, as I wake up in the same position I go to sleep. It’s almost like I can’t quite allow myself to fully relax until I have that preliminary sleep out of the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter