Are you allowed to take pictures inside Disney Attractions?

amarvel

Earning My Ears
I love taking pictures and was curious if you could take pictures while inside the attractions, Like the dark rides, or splash mountain for example, or small world. Or does Disney not allow this. Thanks for any info!!
Angela

I believe that they ask for "no flash photography" on the rides. The flash messes up some of the electric eyes that trigger things and it also "blinds" the infra-red security cameras. I assume that if you use a camera without the flash or a digital camera without a flash that you are okay to take pictures. Anyone else know different?

Roy

<font color=navy>I agree with Roy. In addition to what Roy stated, the flash also distracts from the "show" that the guests are enjoying, and is highly discouraged.

But, other than that, non-flash photos & non-flash filming is okay.

I don't think you're supposed to use flash photography on the dark rides, mainly because it bugs other people who are trying to enjoy the ride. CMs will actually tell you to stop if they catch it on their monitors.

There are a few rides on which you can get away with it, though, without drawing too much attention to yourself. I have taken pictures on Roger Rabbit (you have to have steady hand!), Splash Mountain (only on the outside parts; protect your camera on the drops!), Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, and it's a small world. You could probably get away with it on Pinocchio and Mr. Toad also. Another way to get picture of inside the rides is to buy postcards.

DO NOT try to take pictures on Pirates of the Caribbean or Haunted Mansion. People inevitably try this, and it makes the CMs and other guests really mad.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!!

We had wonderful luck using our camcorder on the Rail road thru the dioramas- it was as if you were on the train!Complete w music too... DH sat in front row and held camera at the rail. We did this w no extra light on .... we also video taped Tink doing her flight form amttehorn area and across(from our hotel room DLH)- not a great shot but kind of fun.

We also loved using it on the Tarzan tree house- he pointed up to the tree and tracked our climbing thru the tree- stopping to wave at each over hang for the camera- it turned out sooooooo cute!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter