Are you and your spouse/partner on the same Disney Wavelength?

traveljunkie

Mouseketeer
I'm just curious. My husband likes Disney but he's not crazy about it like I am. I could go every year but he likes to spread it out, probably every 5 years would be good with him. In fact, last March, I took my three daughters to WDW because he didn't want to go. We were all good with it and actually had a great time. Now we are going to California in March. Our homebase will be Carlsbad. Well, I've started negotiations for how many days at DLR....he's probably only going one day (said he'd golf instead blah!) I am now working out a plan to stay with the girls one night at HOJO so I can at least get 2 days in....

We have family in San Diego and the last time we went (Jan 2007) I didn't make it to DLR at all, so close but yet so far....you can imagine the pain...:sick:

I told another Disney nut friend that he and I agree on everything from politics to religion but not Disney LOL!

Yeah, my DH likes to go to DL but he gets tired of it after awhile. He's been pretty good so far this year (we are local and have APs so we can go fairly often) but the last time we had APs, about 6 years ago, we would get to Disneyland, do a few rides and he would say, "Well, are you ready to go home now?". It used to drive me crazy. I would always say, "Uh, no. We just got here!". I'm not sure why he doesn't like staying longer. Usually he is one who likes to go slow and look at all the details in everything. :confused3 At least he likes it enough to agree to getting APs every once in awhile. :cool1:

I am so very lucky.Dfi is an extreme DL fan like myself. Every other relationship I have had has either been partnered with a person who is okay with DL to downright negative about DL. That somehow always was apart of why those relationships didnt last. My rules have always been:
You must love my dogs like I do (Dfi does)
You must love Disneyland or atleast never make fun of me because of my love of Disneyland (Dfi does)
So, I am very lucky.
And we are getting married at Dl hotel in October and here is how I feel about that:
:thumbsup2 :lovestruc :banana: :scared1: :cloud9: :wizard: :hug: :cheer2: :bride: :scared1: :jumping1: :tinker: party: :dancer: :hyper: :bitelip: ::lovestruc :goodvibes

My dh would be fine with a visit every couple of years as well...if that. But, he is a great guy and indulges me with my obsession :lovestruc Like your dh traveljunkie, he would rather be golfing :confused3

DH is already threatening me if I make him go one more time :rotfl: Then I remind him he HAS to go to Bat's Day with me since I will be vending the days before and he will be stuck in Anaheim with me hahaha!

He tries to be patient when I make him go and he does have a good time, but sometimes I get that impatient 5 year old face and in my mind hear "can we gooooooooooo.... I am BORED!!!!!"

That is why I go with others or solo so often!!!

I can't tell if he's truly as fanatical, or just indulging me. Either way I still get my Disney fix lol.

Mine is as obsessed as I am....Ok, maybe a little less but not much! LOL He too loves DL, which makes it that much better when we do visit!

Like others here, I am so very lucky. I actually met my husband while working at WDW, so we were both huge fans already. Our joy and love for all things Disney have only grown. I don't know who gets more excited, but it is great to share it with someone.

We love going together and making memories for "our" family instead of just having the memories with our original families. This will be our first trip to DL together as "our family" and we are stoked. Every night we read a little from our books. We pour over the maps Bumbershoot sent us last June (Thanks again!). And I read to him all I can from the DIS. Unfortunately, he doesn't have the time to devote to reading the boards like me, but I'm happy to fill him in. :rotfl:

My DH loves it too! He didn't grow up going often like I did but when we started dating I said we had to go to DL so I could see how he did. And he obviously passed my test! :) Now he is as bad as I am and just added another trip to our year. It'll make 6 for him in 15 months. :) I love that he loves disney and even humors me when I talk about it constantly!! We got married in WDW and like corpesbride I am not sure I would have married him if he didn't pass the disney test.

The hubster has grown into it, thank goodness.

Actually at first he was more enthused than I was. Then I moved into "fan" territory instead of "well doesn't everyone like Disneyland" territory (that's where he was). Then my innate touring style started wearing on him and DS, and I *needed* to go back but he and DS didn't, so I had a solo trip for just under a weekend.

That made all the difference, and I was much more calm for our son's b'day trip in May, and during that trip hubby joined forces with me. And DS liked it more too.

Then I had another solo day in November, which allowed our December trip to be much better (I just have to run around like crazy on my own so I can be Zen on the family trips I guess) and he loved loved LOVED it.

He still gets scared of the money aspect of it, but once it's all covered he's a definite fan.

I'm so glad.

My dh would be fine with a visit every couple of years as well...if that. But, he is a great guy and indulges me with my obsession :lovestruc Like your dh traveljunkie, he would rather be golfing :confused3

Sounds like my DH. In fact, DH and a couple of his buddies drove 4 hours last night just so they could golf today and are now on their way home. I don't get it.....:confused3

DH has gotten to where he just rolls his eyes whenever I mention DL. Our last DL trip was in 04 and it was his very first time to DL. He never went growing up and I think that is why he doesn't understand how truly wonderful DL is. On our next trip, DD will be 6 and DS will be 4 so hopefully getting to see the kids see DL for the first time will help him to understand.

Well, we've been married almost 20 yrs so I guess we indulge each other with different areas of interest.
We had two trips that were miserable to WDW before the internet was so prevalent. Then we went in 2000 and that trip was so totally planned it was scary. We took my niece, nephew, my parents and 2 daughters. We had just been placed a month before with a newborn that we later adopted. He loved every minute of it and would brag about the success and fun of the trip. He likes Disney but isn't as much in love as I am. He's not into the planning at all which is most the fun to me.

We have not been to DLR only DL so I can't wait. He doesn't see the need to go since he'd rather go to WDW. I'm hoping to change his mind about DLR!

Sounds like my DH. In fact, DH and a couple of his buddies drove 4 hours last night just so they could golf today and are now on their way home. I don't get it.....:confused3

DH has gotten to where he just rolls his eyes whenever I mention DL. Our last DL trip was in 04 and it was his very first time to DL. He never went growing up and I think that is why he doesn't understand how truly wonderful DL is. On our next trip, DD will be 6 and DS will be 4 so hopefully getting to see the kids see DL for the first time will help him to understand.

I never went growing up either. My first trip to DL I was 22.....I didn't get it then tho, I didn't really "get it" until 2006. I guess because we had such a good time and my girls loved it so very much. That was the clincher for me, we got AP's in July 07 and went way too much until July 08.

My husband does. He acts like it doesnt matter to him when I am planning a trip.. But when we get there he turns into a giddy little kid. :lmao: I am expecting twins very shortly.. and the other day we were in the car, and he looked at my belly and said.. I cant WAIT to take our new babies to Disneyland!:love: It will have been just over 2 years since we all went, and it will be all new again for everyone!

Yes, we are. And I thank my lucky stars.

As a double bonus, my kids are too! DD16 and DS12 are just as crazy as DH and I are about our trips to Disneyland.

I must say this love has come more "out in the open" in the past few years but it has always been there for me and DH. As a family we cannot even begin to have a discussion on where to go on vacation without someone saying, "DISNEYLAND!" :rotfl2:

Yep.

We're both 'moderate' disney lovers tho uh..after our latest trip we're toward the 'geek' side. Only..we still don't wear the apperal. LOL

You know my DH grumbles and groans until we get there. And then he is as bad as the kids. I personally think he just doesn't want to help with the planning stage.:laughing:

DH and I are close in wanting to go to Disneyland. I am a little more over the top because I love talking about it and reading about it and planning it. When we were discussing if we should go there for our anniversary, I asked if there was somewhere else he'd rather go, just to be sure, and he said no.

It was my boys who kept asking if we could go to DLR this summer since we went to Las Vegas the summer before to see Phantom of the Opera.

Staley- Our twin "babies" now 15 years old took us the Matterhorn a zillion times. :headache: ouch! Congrats on your twins! :flower3:

For the longest time, I thought DH was indulging me, DDs and our Disney fixes. Then for our 33rd anniversary, I asked him what he wanted to do, trip to Hawaii, do our honeymoon trip to Boston again or maybe a WDW trip (sort of joking). He said, "Let's spend our anniversary day at DLR and go WDW for our anniversary trip".:confused3 He was serious, went to WDW, ended up purchasing DVC and ever since we have our weekly date night at DL/DCA. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter