Are you and your spouse/partner on the same Disney Wavelength?

For the longest time, I thought DH was indulging me, DDs and our Disney fixes. Then for our 33rd anniversary, I asked him what he wanted to do, trip to Hawaii, do our honeymoon trip to Boston again or maybe a WDW trip (sort of joking). He said, "Let's spend our anniversary day at DLR and go WDW for our anniversary trip".:confused3 He was serious, went to WDW, ended up purchasing DVC and ever since we have our weekly date night at DL/DCA. :cool1:

That's nice.:love:

I've got the Disneyland bug, but hubby doesn't. The trip to DL that we are going on at the end of the month, the few things that he helped me with the decisions on were to drive down, the date of departure, and how long we were going down there for. The rest he left up to me. I don't mind because as soon as we leave on vacation, the rest of the problems are up to him to solve, I've done my part. I think that once we get down there he'll get the bug, but until then we'll wait and see. Have a great evening!!

They need a singles mingle at DL lol we should SO plan that haha. I wanna find a guy that has the some love for DL and Disney as I do :)

They need a singles mingle at DL lol we should SO plan that haha. I wanna find a guy that has the some love for DL and Disney as I do :)

That makes two of us! All my boyfriends in the past have either hated it or could barely tolerate DLR. Only my male friends who were never really quite boyfriends enjoyed DLR - but still not as much I as did. A Disney-addict friend of mine got married a long time ago and had touches of Disney at her wedding reception and everything, and her husband knew she was a huge Disneyland fan. So she ended up kind of converting him to the point where he became a fan too, but he still chuckled derisively at her and scoffed if she got a little TOO into her Disney stuff. So basically, over time, her husband stopped indulging her need to buy merchandise or her need to visit DLR when they moved out of state. Sadly, I think her husband was trying to do an 'if you can't beat 'em, join 'em' thing, and when he saw that her interest was not waning, he kind of reined her in and now she is barely into Disney at all. I think the husband kind of influenced that and then it just stuck. I can't even get her to come join DISboards, just to read the posts and look at pictures!

Sad thing is that whoever you find most in common with is the one who has vast differences with you over Disney. :(

hey as long as they love DL we'll get along fine hahaha...any single guys on here? lol :) I'm 23, brunette. I love music and long walks on the Paradise Pier ;) hahaha

My dh would be fine with a visit every couple of years as well...if that. But, he is a great guy and indulges me with my obsession :lovestruc Like your dh traveljunkie, he would rather be golfing :confused3

Golfing, hunting.....and how odd is it that it's ok for guys to go hunting alone (or in guy packs), but a solo trip to DW/DL?

My DD (5) princess: and I are going with my dad at the end of March :hourglass to DLR :cool1: ...I haven't been to DL since at least 1999....before DCA!!! We've been to DW 3 years running, and DH gave in (easier than arguing) to our going alone as we bargained that he'd get to go do other manly outdoor stuff that I have no desire to go do. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Not at first....he had been a couple of times as a kid, but didn't really "get it". I grew up going to DL and my mom has always been really into the magic of it all, and thankfully, I can appreciate it the same as she does. So a couple of years into our relationship we got AP's to DL and starting going more often. Here we are, years later and he's right there with me. He enjoys it just as much as I do and he totally gets it now. We went to WDW for the first time last September and we're going back again in March because we both fell head over heels in love with it. I think that trip was what really sealed the deal for him. We talk about it every single day and what we can't wait to see/do/eat when we go back. When ever we would talk about taking a big vacation early on, it was always "Hawaii this and Hawaii that" from him, but once he saw the Poly, I think he forgot that Hawaii even exists!! LOL I'm a VERY lucky girl! :lovestruc

Nope, not even close. I could go every day. He could go once a month and be happy. But that's why I go solo and with friends. Then when we go together, we have a blast.

I have come to learn it's not so much having a DH that loves Disney as much as I do as it is having a DH that doesn't stop me from loving Disney as much as I do.

- Dreams

I am so very lucky.Dfi is an extreme DL fan like myself. Every other relationship I have had has either been partnered with a person who is okay with DL to downright negative about DL. That somehow always was apart of why those relationships didnt last. My rules have always been:
You must love my dogs like I do (Dfi does)
You must love Disneyland or atleast never make fun of me because of my love of Disneyland (Dfi does)
So, I am very lucky.
And we are getting married at Dl hotel in October and here is how I feel about that:
:thumbsup2 :lovestruc :banana: :scared1: :cloud9: :wizard: :hug: :cheer2: :bride: :scared1: :jumping1: :tinker: party: :dancer: :hyper: :bitelip: ::lovestruc :goodvibes

My partner is just as crazy about Disney as I am and we are celebrating our honeymoon at DL - I am so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

My hubby is nowhere near as big a Disney fan as I am! We spent seven days at WDW last May and that about put him over the edge and he vowed we wouldn't go back for five years. BUT, we are going to visit his Dad in Orange County in April and he suggested that we spend two days at DisneyLand / DCA at the end of our visit and stay at HOJO. I was so surprised, but I think remembering how happy our kids were last year softened his heart a bit :) I'm now trying to convince him to spend one more half-day at DL earlier in our visit because it's hard to do the entire park in just one day and we can get the three-day park hoppers for the child's price. He is resisting at this point - but hopefully I can swing him around to my side :thumbsup2

Pretty close - we both love it, but distance and cost keep us generally in line. We love vacationing so it's always nice...

Yes, we are. And I thank my lucky stars.

As a double bonus, my kids are too! DD16 and DS12 are just as crazy as DH and I are about our trips to Disneyland.

I must say this love has come more "out in the open" in the past few years but it has always been there for me and DH. As a family we cannot even begin to have a discussion on where to go on vacation without someone saying, "DISNEYLAND!" :rotfl2:

Mine too, well the 2 who are still at home anyway! LOL My oldest doesn't care much about it but that's OK because I've got my 2 younger girls still. 9 & 12 and they still love to go to DL with us. :)

DH likes it but would prefer to go other places besides DL :rotfl: I am so happy my kids are getting old enough to love it too...it is easier to convince DH of going every year with my 3 year old's help;)

My dh is slowly converting over to my side- the Disney side! The more trips we take the more he likes to visit DL. He sees how much fun we have together as a family- that there's something for everyone and there's something different or new to see each time we go.

I call him a closet mouse fan! He won't admit it but he really does love that mouse!

As long as we go other places too he is happy.

My boyfriend is not a planner in any sense of the word, but he enjoys traveling. We're actually a pretty good pair because he will give specific answers to questions I ask without eye-rolling and complaining, and is happy to go along with the plan once we get there... and I get to plan everything to my hearts content without argument. The only "conflict" in travel personalities we have is that he likes to relax, whereas I really can't. The compromise is that I plan "relaxation" time into trips in specified time slots. He makes fun of me, but it works.

My husband loves:hyper: it as much as I do. We would go every month if we could afford it. Once a year will have to do right now. We are however going to be brave and plan a trip to Disneyworld for the first time. Were kind of scared :scared: just because we have never been there. So it will be a new adventure for the both of us.:)

I never went growing up either. My first trip to DL I was 22.....I didn't get it then tho, I didn't really "get it" until 2006. I guess because we had such a good time and my girls loved it so very much. That was the clincher for me, we got AP's in July 07 and went way too much until July 08.

We didn't have DS yet and our DD was only 16 months when we went in 04 and she hated pretty much all of it so that really didn't help DH. I'm hoping that this time he will be able to see the excitement in our kids and it will help him see the magic. If not, oh well, me and my mom would be at DL every day if we could be so I will always have someone to go with.;)

I think the last time DH went to Disneyland was May 2005 for dinner and fireworks. He doesn't like crowds or lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter