Are You Attending Any College Graduations This Spring?

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
We will be attending our oldest granddaughter's college graduation tomorrow afternoon. It's hard to believe she's graduating already, these last four years have flown by so fast. She's graduating with a bachelor's in psychology. She wants to work with juveniles, and has just completed a 14-week internship at our local courthouse and may end up getting a full time job there if it all works out. She's still thinking about going on for her master's too. We're so proud of her and all she has accomplished so far in her young life. She's been an absolute blessing to us since the day she was born. :)

Our oldest graduates in a few weeks with a degree in accounting. He will have met the requirements to take the CPA exam.

It will actually be the first college graduation I have attended. Neither DH nor I attended our own. I graduated early from a school out of town and didn't have the money to go back for the ceremony.

I am a very proud momma. :)

Nope, and I've never actually attended a college graduation including my own! :rotfl2:My DS will just be starting college in the fall (hopefully; still waiting on acceptance into a very competitive program) so I'll really be looking forward to his.

no, but when my niece graduated the had Joe Walsh (Eagles, Life been good to me so far, Rocky Mountain Way) as the speaker

yes yay!!! My daughter is graduating with a bachelors in political science, bachelors in international affairs and minor in religion. She did this all in 3 years!! She turns 21 this Sunday. Also she got accepted into a fully funded phd program (tuition and stipend, all three she applied to actually, it turned into a bidding war lol) and she will be moving up North in August. We are very proud and excited, hubby and I only have high school diplomas. This is all really big stuff for us!!

Yes and no. My DD22 is graduating from her culinary program in about 2 weeks. She will have her AS, plus several certifications. But at her school they don't have the traditional graduation (or at least, that's what she says.) Rather, her class is hosting a huge banquet at which they will do all the cooking and the underclassmen will assist and serve. She has 10 invitations, 3 of which we will use. We don't have any family in the state, so I have suggested that she give the remaining invites to the friends who have supported her through all her difficulties along the way.

My only real regret is that her BFFs mom, Angela, cannot be there. Angela took my DD under her wing when she was in high school. She was always her soft place to land. Angela was one of the few adults outside the family who actually encouraged DD to go to culinary school, instead of getting a 4yr degree. Unfortunately, Angela passed away 2 days before Thanksgiving from lung cancer. She was only about 47. My DD cried like it was, well, her own mother. She lost a real mentor that day. I know that Angela would be so proud of her, just as proud as DDs dad and I are.

No college graduations but my baby is graduating 8th grade. Congrats to all the college graduates! I know you must be so proud of all their hard work. I hope they find employment real soon.

Yes, youngest ds is getting his BSN in nursing. I think they said he might be summa cum laude but they have to wait for the final grades. I am so happy that I can see him.

Yes, my older son. He's definitely going to his departmental ceremony, but is still trying to decide if he wants to go to the big ceremony. He goes to a large school and it is about 4 hours long. We'll attend whatever he attends!

My baby sister graduates with her BS in Nutrition in two weeks! This fall, she is heading down to my old stomping grounds of Dallas, TX to begin her masters program. She plans to become a registered dietician. I'm so crazy proud of her! :love:

My daughter will be receiving her Masters of/in Accounting in May. She has already passed the first part of the CPA and has the second part scheduled for May also. We are extremely proud of her. She begins her job in a local Accounting firm the second week in July.

Neither my husband or I went to college and it is the best feeling in the world to see our children succeeding.

DD21 will get her BA in English with a concentration in creative writing and minors in psychology and dance in 3 short weeks. She'll graduate summa cum laude, and we are very, very proud of her. She's been working in her field already, managing social media and writing advertising for a local company- and her hourly pay is only 50cents less than mine! Graduation is being held in the hockey arena (can't count on the weather up here for an outdoor graduation) and because DH works as an adjunct professor at her school, we have reserved skybox seats instead of having to do unreserved general admission. The ceremony will be about 2 hours long (there are 2 ceremonies, depending on college) and I wouldn't miss a minute of it!

Yes, my older son. He's definitely going to his departmental ceremony, but is still trying to decide if he wants to go to the big ceremony. He goes to a large school and it is about 4 hours long. We'll attend whatever he attends!

4 hours? :faint:

We would be rethinking that as well. Thankfully my son's school is pretty small at around 2200 undergrads. So my fingers are crossed it won't last too long. He's really just going for me as a Mother's Day present. :)

4 hours!
Smartest thing my kids University did is have seperation graduations for each college. Younger DS's was in the Music Auditorium( college of Fine arts) -great speaker relating to real life experiences in the Arts

I'm attending my own! I'll be graduating with a BS in biology. (There was a time when I thought I'd fail orgo and have to settle for the BA.)

We will be attending our oldest granddaughter's college graduation tomorrow afternoon. It's hard to believe she's graduating already, these last four years have flown by so fast. She's graduating with a bachelor's in psychology. She wants to work with juveniles, and has just completed a 14-week internship at our local courthouse and may end up getting a full time job there if it all works out. She's still thinking about going on for her master's too. We're so proud of her and all she has accomplished so far in her young life. She's been an absolute blessing to us since the day she was born. :)

My oldest dd graduates next month, also with a Bachelor's in Psychology!
She too, is contemplating grad school, although her interest is school counseling.
I agree that these 4 years have flown by!

Yes! I am required to because I'm a college professor. But graduation isn't very fun for me - It's held outside, it's always 90+ degrees, and we have to wear heavy black Ph.D. robes and sit in the sun.

My older son will be getting his Masters in May but we will not be attending since the school is in Nebraska and we are in New Jersey. The classes were all on line. My younger son finished his Masters last August but he did not attend the ceremony. He then went right into a PhD program and we told him that he had to walk for that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter