Are you avoiding SWGE spoilers?

TikiRob

In a Tropical Hideaway
With Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge opening at the end of the week, is it crazy to think this “story” being crafted by Disney can be “spoiled”?

As someone who avoids movie trailers and reviews, I’m wondering if I should do the same until I can get to the land in-person next year...

Are you avoiding/limiting your exposure to the coverage?

Haha personally I'm not, I'd like to get as much of an advantage as possible for successfully flying the Falcon, plus I want to be able to put together a good plan for our time in SWGE.

I'm not avoiding the spoilers of the new land. Partly because I don't know the canon well enough for anything to be a "spoiler." And partly because Hubs enjoys Star Wars, as does our grandson (who we are taking the first month SW:GE is open), but I couldn't have cared less about SW. Despite this, I'm the one hyped up to see it, just because of all the spoilers/sneak peaks!

I’m half & half. I desperately want to know all about it. But, since I’ll be there opening day, I’d also like to experience it for myself. So, I listened/read/watched everything when it was still just theories. But now that people are reporting on the reality, I’m limiting my exposure.

I am trying hard to avoid, because I have no plans to go back until late February at the earliest (all our APs have expired or are expiring next month). HOWEVER.... even with what little I am reading, just about the complete immersiveness of the land... well, let's just say that I warned my husband we may have to go this fall/winter after all. Yikes.

I think this is a little different than avoiding movie spoilers because you’ll probably have a better experience on your first visit by knowing at least a bit about what’s offered and how things work. So I’m reading all I can about things to help with that.

The one piece I’m trying to avoid is an actual video of the ride or reviews/descriptions that are super detailed.

I am reading everything. We only have 4 hours so I don't want to miss something cool, especially since I plan these vacations much more for my kids than myself (their joy brings me joy). Plus no matter how many pictures or videos you see, nothing compares to the real life experience.

No. It’s gonna be a long time before I see it anyway. I hate movie/tv spoilers but I love theme park spoilers lol.

I don’t care about spoilers, but I asked my DH if he did because he’s the Star Wars fan. He said no, he wants to know everything. Hearing about all the fun things to do and the merch and everything increases the excitement to go, and it gives us an idea of what we definitely want to do when we’re there and what we can live with missing.

I'm not reading literally every review in existence, but I am looking at some specific things like line queue strategies, where to go to check in, procedure for first entrance time of the morning, and stuff like that. I've head some weird reports about the store queues for instance that I want to be prepared for.

I do want to be surprised to some degree, but I think unless I stay away from all these groups, that's really just not going to happen.

I don’t want to see a ride video, but I do want to see everything else!

As a previous poster said, I think it’s better to be prepared. Also I’m taking my parents with me this trip so I want things to go as smoothly as possible and maximize our 4 hours.

I’m firmly in the No Spoilers camp when new lands or rides open and I’ve always been that way. With this one , if we end up going in the fall as we hope, I will have to read enough to form a plan of attack. I normally just avoid all talk of new things but I can’t with SWGE because the crowds will be massive and I need to know the best way to plan to see what we can.

So I am usually in the “no spoiler” camp and wait for the experience...HOWEVER...I got to ride Smugglers Run at one of the previews. There is a lot more going on and going in armed with the most info possible would be a good thing in this case. There roles for each person that are not explained in a lot of detail so it took a few rides to figure it all out and became much more fun knowing what was going on.

There is not too much to “spoil” but learning the nuance of each role will make the experience much more interactive and enjoyable IMO rather than going in blind. It is much more than just sit and be entertained kinda attraction

I’m avoiding the ride through of Smugglers Run and will avoid the same for ROTR but I do like checking out the other stuff like Olga’s, Roasters and the land itself as I’d like to be prepared to navigate the land and know what I should do first, particularly as I’m there at Christmas.
All the best.

So far I have avoided all those blogger posts where they basically video-recorded every.single.detail. I didn't think it would bug me as much but the level of detail these bloggers go for in their videos was too much for me. What I *have* done is read all of Disney Food's Blog's articles about the food and drinks. I would love to eat inside SWGE and I want to know exactly what to order, and whether it's worth eating/drinking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter