Are you "celebrating" St. Patrick's Day?

Have you tried the vanilla mint version Bailey’s has? I’ve given 3 bottles as hostess gifts for Saint Patrick’s day this year, and I have a bottle in the freezer.

Ooohh that sounds good. I bought a giant bottle of Kirkland Irish Cream at Costco.

Today is my birthday. Our town closes down Main St. and goes a little bonkers. I'm a little beyond that, but did already go to a happy hour. Home now, and will probably get that Irish staple, linguine and clam sauce for dinner. :laughing:
By the way, it looks at though the DIS doesn't post a birthday message anymore. I used to like it.
Well :bday: from us anyway!

Today is my birthday. Our town closes down Main St. and goes a little bonkers. I'm a little beyond that, but did already go to a happy hour. Home now, and will probably get that Irish staple, linguine and clam sauce for dinner. :laughing:
By the way, it looks at though the DIS doesn't post a birthday message anymore. I used to like it.
Happy Birthday, Patty! :cake: Celebrate with a S/D trip. Best wishes for a great day, a great, healthy year ahead.
I have never seem a birthday message on the Dis.
If you have your birthdate listed in your profile, the dis sent an auto-generated email on your birthday. No longer however.

My mom (born in Ireland) would always go to Mass at St Colman's in Cleveland with all the other Irish people and then to the parade, which at the time was always held on the 17th. We were allowed to skip school for it, and my high school even closed for the day. I think like so many places they have gone to a weekend parade.

https://www.dioceseofcleveland.org/...ay-celebration-begins-with-mass-before-parade

I went down to the DC wharf yesterday to hear some music and yes drink a few glasses of Guinness. It was a gorgeous day and the cherry blossoms across the way at Hains Point were out. Nothing special for food today, I did go to church. We never ate corned beef or cabbage growing up, my dad didn't like it.

:bday::cake:

I'm not going down this road. :sad2:

I wish all a very happy and blessed St. Patrick's Day. We will celebrate how we see fit, no need to go into details as lines were clearly established last year on how we "should" mark the day, and I am not reliving that debacle again.

🍀
Last year your comment made me spit my water out. 😂 ☘️

My husband put together corned beef, cabbage, potato's, carrots, onions and turnip that simmered in the crock pot all day. It was delicious. I had never had this type of meal until I met him 39 years ago. He grew up having it every St. Patrick's Day.

Husband wore a green t-shirt today and I would have if I had one.

We've had a shamrock hanging on our front door for the last two weeks.

It's been a great day!

To be fair many people are very protective of their culture. She has a right to voice her opinion without ridicule.

Since it says under your name Earning My Ears, you may not be privy to the history of the CB’s drama over St. Patrick’s Day. It goes back several years:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/slo’s-saturday-poll-st-patrick’s-day-party-🍀.3875369/

https://www.disboards.com/threads/slo’s-monday-poll-corned-beef-cabbage.3875646/

@BlueStarryHat, nor any of us on here are ridiculing her or her culture.

In that token, we have kindly asked for the same regarding what our Irish ancestors did when they migrated to the states.

Respect must go both ways. 🙂

I tend to really miss my mother on St.Patrick’s Day. We always had the Irish blessing right at the door, we had many rituals which started at mass. 🥰

I celebrate in my own way, my son turns 28 tomorrow, and he is home on school break ❤️❤️. It’s a nice week, I’ve missed him a lot. He went downtown to the parade with friends and still isn’t home, but hey that’s typical. Good thing for UBER 😉

In that token, we have kindly asked for the same regarding what our Irish ancestors did when they migrated to the states.

Respect must go both ways. 🙂
Just speaking for myself - I just like to argue.

Ill just say there are a bunch of Irish pubs here - owned by Irish born people - and they are all serving corned beef.
Not one is serving bacon.
I made a bacon, but my kids brought home some of the leftover corned beef from the pub, and it was pretty good as well.

Also - although I have not had one on many years - I do enjoy the Shamrock shake.
This ad is a bit over the top though..

To be fair many people are very protective of their culture. She has a right to voice her opinion without ridicule.
Right, her culture, my culture as an American with Irish grandparents/great grandparents is obviously different. I think this sums it up well

Corned Beef and Cabbage is a popular dish among Americans on St. Patrick’s Day, but did you know the Jewish history behind it? Traditionally, in Ireland, cabbage is paired with pork bacon. However, during the 19th century, as Irish immigrants moved to the U.S., they discovered there was a lower-cost meat alternative to pork. It was their Jewish neighbors who introduced the cured meat and Kosher butchers to the community when they noticed some similarities in the two salty meats. Cooking the corned beef together with cabbage proved to be a low-cost and delicious solution; and the rest is history.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter