Are you flying Southwest in December?

Becca1007

DIS Veteran
This is just a heads up that if you are flying with Southwest in December keep an eye out on your email account that is attached to the reservation. I just got an email that my flight time had changed by 5 minutes.... however that tiny change let me adjust my flights to any other dates around the time I was originally scheduled and it allows you to change to nearby airports too.

So what this means is that if you chose to fly into LAX instead of SNA for your Disney trip because it was cheaper ... you might be able to change to a better schedule or closer airport FOR NO CHARGE.

I was able to change my flight that was originally $29 because I was flying Tuesday/Wed to a flight the week before for a trip Wed-Friday that flight if I booked it today would have been over $200

SO funny, I just hung up with SW with the exact same thing! My flight out of Denver switched by 45 min. We paid in points and LAX was cheaper, but with the free change, I was able to get into SNA! Happy dance!
Nice! SNA is so much easier to navigate I think.

Oh! I got an email about a change for my return flight (booked flights separately). Maybe I'll switch over to SNA! Thanks for the heads up on it being free to do so!

We are and got the change too. They changed our flight home from LAX- to Cleveland by 5 mins but also our layover airport. We were supposed to fly to Phoenix then to Cleveland. They now have us laying over in Chicago Midway. We are going through Chicago on the way out but chose Phoenix just in case of snow in Chicago. Hope there is no snow.

We are and got the change too. They changed our flight home from LAX- to Cleveland by 5 mins but also our layover airport. We were supposed to fly to Phoenix then to Cleveland. They now have us laying over in Chicago Midway. We are going through Chicago on the way out but chose Phoenix just in case of snow in Chicago. Hope there is no snow.
Did you go see if you could reroute from SNA via phoenix? All changes are free so you can basically choose any flight that has enough seats.

I thought of that but we are using points for the rental car and if we pick it up in one airport and return to another we have to pay for it. So will stick with Chicago. It does get us home 1 hour earlier than Phoenix would. Just praying no snow!!

I thought of that but we are using points for the rental car and if we pick it up in one airport and return to another we have to pay for it. So will stick with Chicago. It does get us home 1 hour earlier than Phoenix would. Just praying no snow!!
Did you book as one-ways or roundtrip? If you booked round trip you could potentially change both legs {that is what I did} even though only one had changed!

This happened to me for my flight to Orlando. I was able to change my flight to an early morning flight out of Oakland instead of San Jose (Oakland is 1 mile from my house) and got a non-stop flight coming home which allows me to go to Disney in the morning. For once the change worked in my favor. I love Southwest for doing the right thing.

This happened to me for my flight to Orlando. I was able to change my flight to an early morning flight out of Oakland instead of San Jose (Oakland is 1 mile from my house) and got a non-stop flight coming home which allows me to go to Disney in the morning. For once the change worked in my favor. I love Southwest for doing the right thing.
So awesome!

Just a heads up for those that book early bird, if you change airports the early bird might drop off your reservation. Make sure you check that it is still their. It happened to me and took 45 mins this morning to get it fixed. The CS agent was very helpful to fix it.

Whaat? They changed my November flights too a few weeks ago, and I called and asked if we could possibly switch airports. The woman told me no, switches could only be made to times/days, not airports. So we’re still going into LAX at a slightly less convenient time.

I’m bummed out that others have gotten to switch airports. I wonder why the lady I got wouldn’t do it?

Whaat? They changed my November flights too a few weeks ago, and I called and asked if we could possibly switch airports. The woman told me no, switches could only be made to times/days, not airports. So we’re still going into LAX at a slightly less convenient time.

I’m bummed out that others have gotten to switch airports. I wonder why the lady I got wouldn’t do it?
The website had a list of the possible switch combinations that you can do. Only certain airports were eligible. I hate talking to phone reps because they often don't give the best advise.

In the email I got from Southwest it gave me a list of airports I could change too. For me it was Oakland, San Jose, and San Francisco. The only option in Florida was Orlando.

In the email I got from Southwest it gave me a list of airports I could change too. For me it was Oakland, San Jose, and San Francisco. The only option in Florida was Orlando.
Yeah flight was SJC-SNA and I had options of SJC, SFO, OAK and BUR, ONT, LAX, SNA

The website had a list of the possible switch combinations that you can do. Only certain airports were eligible. I hate talking to phone reps because they often don't give the best advise.

That’s so odd. I’m coming from a fairly major airport (PDX) and she said there was no possibility of switching. No options were given. And I tried to do it online at the time they gave me and the website wouldn’t work—it just kept going to a screen that gave the number to call.

That’s so odd. I’m coming from a fairly major airport (PDX) and she said there was no possibility of switching. No options were given. And I tried to do it online at the time they gave me and the website wouldn’t work—it just kept going to a screen that gave the number to call.
Are you flying at Thanksgiving? Maybe because of high traffic those changes were less accommodating?

Nope, Nov. 4-9th.
When I went on to the Southwest app and clicked on the flight it gave me a red message that said change available. Maybe call again and tell them you would like to change and maybe you will get some Disney Magic with Southwest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter