Are you going to be at the D23 Expo? (September 2009) - UPDATE on Post #1

Are you attending the D23 Expo this year?

• No, I am not attending, and I am not interested.

• No, I am not attending, but I wish I could be there.

• I may attend, but I haven't finalized my plans.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo for 1 weekday.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo for 2 weekdays.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo just for the weekend.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo for 3 days.

• Yes, I will be at the D23 Expo all 4 days.

Results are only viewable after voting.

PrincessMonkey

Disney Princess
I've created a poll to figure out when DISers, D23 members and non-members, are arriving at the D23 Expo in September 10-13, 2009.

I have a reservation across the street from the convention center, since the Disneyland resort hotels are booked full. It would be great to meet-up with other DISers, since we're major Disney fans, and we're all in town!

When are you arriving, and where are you staying? Are you a D23 member? I will update this thread about a DIS meet as the event gets closer.

::MickeyMo 8/31/09 UPDATE:

September 10, 2009
9:30AM PT - DIS meet at D23 Expo

Please plan to arrive 10 minutes early and peruse the exhibits in Hall A.

Let's enter the Arena together to listen to Mr. Iger in Disney solidarity! It is difficult to tell how crowded the Arena will be for Bob Iger's Keynote Address and the Disney Legends induction. If the Arena is set up with seats, theater-style, the Arena holds 7,500 people. The 9:30AM DISmeet time will allow us to meet, perhaps take some group photos/videos, and enter the Arena together. (I will be dressed as Snow White.)

Ideally, our DIS group will be standing near the bathrooms, as noted in the map of Plan A below. These bathrooms are located in the Arena Lobby. If Disney moves us due to a bottleneck in traffic... For Plan B, you may find us standing to the right of the Arena Lobby entrance in Hall A.

Please view and save the map below to meet us:

D23_DISmeet_map.jpg

Here is a general map with the layout of Level 1. You'll notice that the Arena and our DISmeet location are on the right side of this map.

LEVEL1-EXPO.jpg

Important Question about D23 Expo Food:
When will one find time to grab lunch or dinner? Looks like most days are full and you can't bring food into the Expo. Will there be places to get food inside the convention center? (via Mickeycrazie)

Answer via 05MM08MM: "Yes. Here is an email I got from them: 'Per your request below, we will have food available throughout the event. There will be a food location in each exhibit hall as well as our lobby areas. Each area will have a specialty such as Italian, Mexican, Grill Items or a BBQ area as well as standard sandwiches, salads, etc. We will have some featured Disney menu items as well. Each area will include a kids meal package. The hours will be throughout the show floor times as well as any special events and registration times.'"

Consider visiting the following websites for news and updates on the D23 Expo:
Official D23 Expo Schedule and Download the .PDF Full D23 Expo Guide
Stitch Kingdom D23 Expo News

LIST: Who's interested in attending the D23 Expo meet?

PrincessMonkey, D23 member (2) - 9/9-13 - all four days*
PatriciaH, D23 member (2) - 9/9-14 - all four days*
Tink91 (1) - 9/10
JDGOtter (3) - all four days
TnMaryJo (1) - 9/10-12
CdnKayDee, D23 member (3) - all four days
disneyfan21, D23 member (2) - weekend
minniemimi52 (3) - 9/9-14 - all four days*
05MM08MM, D23 member (2) - 9/9-12*
Lan, D23 Member (1) - 9/10
SFBayDon (1) - 9/10-13
Cousin Orville, D23 member (3) - 9/9-13 - all four days*
ImTooExcitedToSleep, D23 member (1+) - 9/11-13
Mickeycrazie (1) - all four days
tinkcollector (1) - 9/10
Redfox (1) maybe - 9/10
Disneylvrforever (1) - 9/12
Bookpodder (1) - 9/9-15 - all four days*
Jupiter&Wolfe, D23 member (2) - 9/9-13 - all four days*
CynthiaC925, D23 member (1) - 9/9-14 - all four days*
NeverlandCub (1+) - all four days
pycees312 (1) - 9/6-12*
nunzia (3+) - 9/6-13 - all four days*
Cheshire Figment, D23 member (1) - 9/8-14 - all four days*
DVC_Corrys (1) - all four days
disneydawn6, D23 member (2) - 9/11-13
mvf-m11c, D23 member (1) - 9/9-13
Zzizzy, D23 member (1) - 9/7-9/12 - all four days*
CoMickey, D23 member (1) - all four days
wwwosie (1) - all four days
bwvBound (1) - 9/9-9/14 - all four days*
CaliforniaDreamer, D23 member (1) - all four days
deann (1) - 9/12-9/13
rachaface (1) - 9/8-9/13 - all four days*

NEW: The asterisk (*) marks attendees that are planning a longer stay at DLR/D23 (e.g., 9/9-9/13, etc.)

Snow White: "Once, there was a Princess."
Doc: "Was this princess you?"
Snow White: "And she fell in love."
Sneezy: "Was it hard to do?"
Snow White: "It was very easy/anyone could see/that the Prince was charming/the only one for me."
Doc: "Was he strong and handsome?"
Sneezy: "Was he big and tall?"
Snow White: "There's nobody like him...Anywhere at all."
Bashful: "Did he say he loved ya?"
Happy: "Did he steal a kiss?"
Snow White: "He was so romantic... I could not resist"

DH and I will probably go the 10th and maybe the 12th for Jay Rasulo's talk and the 13th for John Lassater's talk. The 10th is the day I am most interested in. I have reservations at Candy Cane Inn for the 9th-13th right now. We will probably visit San Diego and Laguna/Newport Beach for a few days before. :cool1: I just joined D23 the other day:)

Yes I am going for the first day!! I am more than happy to meet up with some DISers :cool1:

I will be attending the expo in Anaheim in September and will be staying at the Disneyland Paradise Pier hotel. It will be me, the roomie and my Soul Pal Mickey. So how many people are planning on going? Hopefully we can meet and say hi to each other.

I will be at the Expo 10th to 12th (3 days) and staying at Grand California. I am SO excited about this event. Every day it seems that new info is being released by Disney. I read that Lucky the Dinosaur and Wall-E will be at the Disney Parks exhibit. And the Wizards of Waverly Place cast will have a presentation ( with a special performance probably by Selena Gomez ). WWP presentation will probably be on Sunday and unfortunately I am leaving Saturday night.
I am also doing the DL 1/2 marathon the previous weekend. It is going to be a trip of a lifetime. :banana::cool1::goodvibes:love::rolleyes1popcorn::

Nope, it's my BFF's bachlorette party weekend and I'm the MoH so I can't make it. I wanted to tho.....

My husband, me and our almost 2 year old son will be going all 4 days. We are very excited to part of something like this. I just read about the auction. I doubt that we will be able to afford anything but I still want to do it. Do you think that we will be able to know what they are auctioning at some time before? If I register when do I get the catalogue? I have never taken part in an auction.

Here's the first update to the attendee list. We can decide a date to meet as we get closer to the D23 Expo. :goodvibes

The Expo schedule is really shaping up, and I'm glad to see that they are adding new events! Is anyone going to the 7pm auction on Saturday?

We would love to go to the auction and actually participate. My husband doesn`t believe we would be able to afford anything. I am very curious to see what they will auction off. I think I would love to watch even if we don`t participate.

Zendisney and I with our 3 year-old GD are arriving Sept. 9 and leaving the evening of Sept 14. Zendisney's b'day is the 14th and we wanted to take advantage of the celebration extras. :banana::banana::banana:

We are also staying across the street. We'd be interested in a meet. We're getting excited about the expo and our trip to DL. We've been several times, but it's our GD's first. She loves WDW, and we know she'll love DL as much.

Hope to see some of you Disers!

My step-mom and I will be staying at the Portofino Inn close to the convention center 9/9-9/12.

We will be at the Expo on Thursday 9/10 and at the parks Friday 9/11.

I wish I would have extended my trip till Sunday, I really want to go back to the Expo on Saturday with all the exciting things going on that day: Disney Parks info releases and the Auction as well, but I'm not sure if I can extend my hotel and flight another day :confused: I booked my flight at a good rate as well as my hotel and I'm not sure if I can keep those :sad1:

I will be there on 9/10. It will be a quick and 1st trip:cool1: to Disneyland for me. I looked at the aution info and knew that I would not be able to attend, but I would love to have the pin:rotfl:

Count me in for a meet. I will be there 9/10-9/13
Don

I'm trying my best to come up with money to attend the Expo! I will probably end up going on the first day, work permitting.

My wife, 4 yr old son, and I will be at the Grand Californian. Our 1st trip to Disneyland. I'm interested in the auction, but doubt anything I'd be interested in would be affordable.

Update - I went ahead and paid the money for the Auctioneer's Package. The catalogue is available for pickup at the expo and will not be mailed.

My wife, 4 yr old son, and I will be at the Grand Californian. Our 1st trip to Disneyland. I'm interested in the auction, but doubt anything I'd be interested in would be affordable.

Update - I went ahead and paid the money for the Auctioneer's Package. The catalogue is available for pickup at the expo and will not be mailed.

Hi,
Are they mailing you the pin?
Thanks

Hi,
Are they mailing you the pin?
Thanks

No:

"Guests may pick up their auction catalog, pin and paddle at the D23 Expo - a photo ID will be required. Specific pick up locations and times are to be determined and will be forwarded via email once established...."

I'll be in Anaheim, but not at the Expo. We're at the parks until the 11th. Had I known about the Expo, I might have arranged the trip to be a bit later in the week!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter