Are you going to Disneyland on July 17th?

jiminy579

Isaiah 41:10
If so, how early do you plan on getting to the park? I wasn't there on May 5th, so really don't know what to expect. I know it will be completely insane, crowded beyond belief, and almost unbearable, but hey........it's once in a lifetime!
Thanks in advance!

jiminy579 said:
If so, how early do you plan on getting to the park? I wasn't there on May 5th, so really don't know what to expect. I know it will be completely insane, crowded beyond belief, and almost unbearable, but hey........it's once in a lifetime!
Thanks in advance!
I will be there in the wee morning hours! I have no clue what time just yet. I would have loved to have been there for the 5th but I was taking finals. I will be there, waiting in line until they let me in. :)

What's up on the 17th? We were thinking of going to ride Space Mountain. I wasn't aware something else was happening.

The 17th is the ACTUAL 50th Anniversary (July 17, 1955). We will be there at 6:00am as we have the breakfast at dawn on the Mark Twain as part of the "Walt" package.

Suzi

Parkhopper said:
The 17th is the ACTUAL 50th Anniversary (July 17, 1955). We will be there at 6:00am as we have the breakfast at dawn on the Mark Twain as part of the "Walt" package.

Suzi

That sounds amazing! What time will they let you in the park? Does anyone know the official time the park opens on the 17th??

I have heard on other Disneyland message boards of people planning to camp out the night before. I have also heard though that Disneyland will not allow this.

We plan to get there between 7 - 7:30.

My advice get there early (no later then 10am) and do not leave until you are done for the day (for me that would be midnight ;) )

Ladyhawke10 said:
Is there a special event happening on July 17th? :flower:
The special event (besides the merchandise ones) is Disneyland's 50th birthday! And that is a reason alone to be there.

I know that Disney won't allow for us to camp out so to speak but they did expect a large crowd for the opening of DCA and didn't get one. If they made plans for that they have probably made plans for this date. Especially after the 5th you would hope the suits at TDA are getting ready to expect crowds! (And for the sake of foods I hope they do!)

jiminy579 said:
That sounds amazing! What time will they let you in the park? Does anyone know the official time the park opens on the 17th??

I am assuming sometime just prior to 6:00am as it is called the "breakfast at dawn" part of our event.

Suzi

Parkhopper said:
I am assuming sometime just prior to 6:00am as it is called the "breakfast at dawn" part of our event.

Suzi
But they might let you in early for the breakfast part of those events. I know the parking ramp doesn't even open until 6 and the breakfast starts at 6 so that creates an issue for some.

I just looked online and the Disneyland Park opens at 8am that day.

Disney is anticipating that this day will be the most crowded in the HISTORY OF THE PARK! Even more crowded than May 5th!!

moohammy said:
Disney is anticipating that this day will be the most crowded in the HISTORY OF THE PARK! Even more crowded than May 5th!!

For those of you who attended on May 5th, what time did you get to the park? Does anyone know if it hit full capacity??
Thanks for everyone's replies!!

I went may 5th. I got there around 10am and was one of the last people into the Simba lot, but I was coming from Disney Way, so I have no idea what state the Parking structure was in.

I won't be there the 17th, they aren't doing anything special unless you want to pay a lot for it and that's just not magic.

I will be there around the 17th though.

I don't recall anyone indicating it had. I think it felt that way because of all the radio booths.

I did hear that May 5th reached 90% capacity.

I plan to be there the 17th. Not sure when we'll be getting there just yet. I do know that it'll be fairly early though.

We booked our room over a year ago at the Disneyland Hotel.

My DD said she heard there will be a special concert with Disney talent.

Other people have talked about cupcakes.

I also tried to call and get priority seating and was told there is NO PS for that day, walk up only.

I asume the list of the events for that day will be posted some day.

Whatever happens it will be great just to be there. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

My niece is flying in from MN on the night of the 16th so she can be there for the 17th. I told her to anticipate when she will be hungry by at least an hour since my husband waited in line for 45 minutes at the corn dog stand on May 5th, lol. The Mad Hatter walked by everyone in line and said, "It's only a hot dog." He obviously does not know corn dogs... :earboy2:

We have a room at the Hilton in case any of us can actually sleep the night before, but I think we will be too excited.

We MIGHT go up in the evening, but we'll see. It's going to be so packed. The hotels (on-property) are COMPLETELY BOOKED SOLID. Ugh. Oh well. Enjoy! Everyone who gets those special packages, be sure to take TONS of pictures and tell us all about it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter