Are you going to Disneyland on July 17th?

OT: Can't recall "who" got to go in on July 17, 1955... was it open to the public or by invitation?

The reason I'm wondering... we waited too late to get a room for the 17th, so we won't get there until the 18th. So I'm telling myself that REAL people first got to go on the 18th and that I'll be there for the 50th anniversary of real people going..... at least that's what I'm telling myself... makes missing things by one day a little better. :sad2:

Peter_noPan said:
I also tried to call and get priority seating and was told there is NO PS for that day, walk up only.
I have Priority Seating for the Blue Bayou and the Carnation Cafe on July 17th. You may want to call Disneyland and re-check that. :)

It may be that there is NO MORE PS slots which would mean that you ain't eating there, since they now open up all the slots to PS.

disneychrista said:
It was invited guests only on the 17th. It was open to the public on the 18th.

So Disneyland opened on the 17th but opened to the public on the 18th.
Kind of like May 4th and May 5th I guess? But I will be there July 17 and July 18 all the same. I go my the 17th because of the plaque and it's always listed as the technical date. :rolleyes:

I will be going to Disneyland for the anniversary. We are arriving on the 16th and staying until the 22nd. So my very first day at Disneyland will be on July 16th. I recently found out that my grandson can not accompany me on my trip. I am disappointed about that, but I am very excited about my first trip to Disneyland. I am visiting with another mom and her 3 children. My disposable cameras are all bought. I have made special t-shirts for the event. We were fortunate enough to get a PS for the Blue Bayou, for the 17th.

Father's Day, my grandson and I and his mom are off to Disney World for 8 days. Then I rest up for a few weeks, and leave for Disneyland on the 16th of July.

I will be broke! I will be Disney Delirious. Sure to be a memorable summer.

barbaraann said:
I will be going to Disneyland for the anniversary. We are arriving on the 16th and staying until the 22nd. So my very first day at Disneyland will be on July 16th. I recently found out that my grandson can not accompany me on my trip. I am disappointed about that, but I am very excited about my first trip to Disneyland. I am visiting with another mom and her 3 children. My disposable cameras are all bought. I have made special t-shirts for the event. We were fortunate enough to get a PS for the Blue Bayou, for the 17th.

Father's Day, my grandson and I and his mom are off to Disney World for 8 days. Then I rest up for a few weeks, and leave for Disneyland on the 16th of July.

I will be broke! I will be Disney Delirious. Sure to be a memorable summer.
oooohh!! Have fun! Disneyland is SO amazing you will love, love, love it! ;) Enjoy yourself and don't worry about disposable cameras (just write your name and cell phone number on there incase you lose it you know it's yours) because my photos have always turned out great! The fellow scrapbookers ask me what I use and they are amazed at the disposable cameras! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter