• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you going to eat out soon?

We live in Florida. For the last week we have had restaurants open at 25% capacity for indoor and outdoor seating 6 feet apart. Yesterday we took our dog and went walking downtown and ended up in a marina area. We live near Clearwater Beach. There was a little open air cafe on the water so we stopped for a glass of wine and a beer. All the employees were wearing masks and kept changing gloves and we were served in plastic. It wasn’t a plan to do that, it was just extremely nice outside so we said why not. I’m don’t think at this point we would do a full meal out though. I will say, people were closer to us at Publix yesterday morning then they were when we were out. Most people at my publix don’t seem to care and don’t wear masks at this point. Tomorrow all salons, nails places, etc open so we shall see how things go in a weeks or so.

We get take bout a few times a week but we are going to wait a while to eat inside a restaurant.

restaurants were allowed to open their dining rooms here on Monday. There were only 2 that opened the first couple of days, Olive Garden and a pizza place. Wednesday my daughter and I went to Olive Garden for lunch. It was so nice to get to eat in a restaurant again!! We’d done take out a few times, but to me it’s just not the same. As the week has gone on several more restaurants are opening up. This afternoon I’m taking my mom and mother in law out to lunch for Mother’s Day and looking very much forward it it again!

For those who say they don't want to risk their lives by going out to eat, unless that individual is in a *very* small class of immunocompromised persons, the risk of death while driving to and from the restaurant is exponentially greater than the risk of contracting and later dying from COVID-19 due to that excursion.

If the argument is that they don't want to contribute to the spread of the virus or they live with an at-risk individual, that's a different story.

I don’t think I will be dining inside a restaurant for quite a while. We are on Stay-At-Home orders until May 28th. I really don’t know when our restaurants will open, but it will be a while yet. I am used to eating out a lot. It’s entertainment for me and I miss it so much. It isn’t about the food, but, rather, the company and the ambiance.

However, I am at high risk, so it’s a “No” from me for now. Sadly. ☹️

My wife has a chronic lung condition. Ain't going to eat in at any restaurants for the foreseeable future.

For those who say they don't want to risk their lives by going out to eat, unless that individual is in a *very* small class of immunocompromised persons, the risk of death while driving to and from the restaurant is exponentially greater than the risk of contracting and later dying from COVID-19 due to that excursion.

If the argument is that they don't want to contribute to the spread of the virus or they live with an at-risk individual, that's a different story.

I honestly felt safer than going out grocery shopping. Every time I have to go shopping, I deal with crowded stores, people that don't get the concept of social distancing, and people who think wearing a mask means tucking it under their chin.

Meanwhile in Texas Hillstone Restaurant Group execs are actively pushing blue collar workers to choose between safety and jobs. What are they thinking? Servers prohibited from wearing masks and they invite diners who object to come back another time - wow

I think the State should step in here. This is unfair to demand your employees make a choice between paying rent and running the risk of illness. It's a PANDEMIC, for Pete's sake. They should at least be allowed to choose to wear a mask.
(Personally I think masks should be mandatory for everyone when they aren't in their own home/vehicle. It's going to slow transmission, keep the medical facilities from being overwhelmed, while allowing businesses to open. But they won't make them mandatory, because, you know... 'Murica and all.)

Nope. I’m in the hotspot, NYC suburb, and I don’t think restaurants will be reopened here for quite some time. Maybe by the end of the summer, but who knows? People are getting antsy but still need to isolate.

I think the State should step in here. This is unfair to demand your employees make a choice between paying rent and running the risk of illness. It's a PANDEMIC, for Pete's sake. They should at least be allowed to choose to wear a mask.
(Personally I think masks should be mandatory for everyone when they aren't in their own home/vehicle. It's going to slow transmission, keep the medical facilities from being overwhelmed, while allowing businesses to open. But they won't make them mandatory, because, you know... 'Murica and all.)

Sorry, this isn't communist China, never going to happen.

Unless your work can be done from home, everyone is making that choice. But I do agree they should be allowed at least the option of a mask.

I will not rush in! Maybe after a few months of them being open and seeing how many more positive cases are in my area. That goes for "just shopping" too. No rush at all to enter a retailer just because.....
I've gone along with my hairdresser to make a 6/30 appt but no way I'm keeping it if I do not feel comfortable doing so.

I don't quite get this part. :confused: Why are masks the hill-to-die-on of freedom infringements? Are there not lots of mandatory restrictions in place right now that have been imposed by all levels of your governments?

Sorry, this isn't communist China, never going to happen.
I don't understand how not wearing a mask has become a sign of freedom. I mean, you do it to keep your fellow Americans (and anyone else here) from getting sick. I think it's a small price to pay to protect your neighbor. All kinds of clothing (you must wear pants) or safety precautions (you must wear a seat belt) are not seen as infringing on people's freedom, so why is the mask so different? This is very curious to me--we use masks in my family when people are ill, but I lived in Japan and Korea quite a bit as a young adult, so maybe it doesn't seem so culturally strange to me.

38,000 Americans die in car crashes each year. 80,000 Americans have died in 2 months from covid. I really don’t think anyone should be making the car crash analogy anymore, especially when the list of risk factors is not very small.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter