• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you good or bad at remembering names?

I am good with faces (which is weird because I'm not a visual person and can never describe things I've seen) but TERRIBLE with names. I'm also terrible with dates, remembering birthdays, etc. I have to have a billion reminders set everywhere.

Last edited:
I’m decent at it. If you repeat the name back to them after they say it , it usually sticks . Also , try to think of something to connect it to . Our neighbors are Jason and Carrie . Horror movie names ! 🤣

Horrible lol I work in maintenance management so I hear so many names, from contractors, I don’t even try to keep up anymore.

I am horrible with names. Especially with the literally hundreds of people I worked with over my 40+ year career.

It’s challenging, but I try hard to remember, especially with new people at work. I’m more likely to remember where they live, which is weird.

I'm awful at names! If I don't write it down (or type it into the notes app on my phone) within a few minutes of meeting someone, it's gone.

I can remember what a person looks like and what I know about them but not their names. It's really frustrating, especially since I have a very unusual name so everyone remembers it.

I joke that if I was Supreme Leader everyone would have to wear a nametag.

I'm really bad. I tend to re-name people to what I think they should be named. I had a boss once and her name was Elizabeth. For some unknown reason, I kept calling her Charlotte. I would be talking to a coworker and would say, "did you get the meeting notes from Charlotte?'' She would look at me puzzled and say, "Who is Charlotte?" I would kind of nod and say, "Oh, I mean Elizabeth." I have no Idea why I thought she should be Charlotte. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter