Are you hesitating on Blue Bayou?

ebharris

Mouseketeer
Don’t.

I hesitated, going back and forth for months. We went last night and it was 100% worth the money.

I had the ribeye, my husband the chicken. When my son couldn’t decide the waiter offered him the kids menu even though he’s 12 (and looks 15), he ordered the kids chicken. Our daughter got a house salad and shared with us.

When the food came out the waiter realized immediately that he entered my son’s order wrong - mac and cheese instead of chicken. He told us to eat it and immediately brought out the chicken. Everything was really good - maybe the chicken was a bit boring... but still good. The bread was delicious, the atmosphere magical - we even saw a proposal. The kids loved their light up drinks.

It was a perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. Honestly, don’t hesitate - I’m glad we did it.

We always go and always for lunch. Nice to get out of the heat in the middle of the day.
It is probably the best way to get out of the heat at Disneyland. (The only time I ever regretted it was when we rode POTC before eating and got soaked -bad boat loading, rest assured getting soaked on POTC is extremely rare! We froze at lunch! After that we always ride after we eat ;) )

We were there last week for lunch, celebrating my daughter’s first birthday. The food was good, and the ambiance was great (we were right by the water). My 4- and 6-year-olds thought it was amazing, and a highlight of the trip. Definitely worth it for us.

Glad you enjoyed it. We didn't care for the food and likely won't return. We had the pasta and the surf and turf. One liked the hazelnut cake but two others did not like the sorcerer Mickey dessert at all. I, especially, did not like the bread. Both my girls LOVED the gumbo though.

Happy to see you enjoyed it. I used to love going there for a special treat, but we've skipped it for the last 5 or 6 years worth of trips. The food is generally good, and the ambiance is great, but my kids won't or can't eat most of the food offered there, so it just ends up not making sense for us. I am considering taking my husband there sometime without the kids. It's definitely worth it if you consider the ambiance.

We were looking into doing a fantasmic dining package for my 30th birthday next year there. Glad to hear you liked it!

Glad you had a pleasant experience and enjoyed the food. The ambiance can't be beat, for sure. My only complaint is that you don't get as much as you used to get for your money. Soup/Salad (at lunch, and I imagine dinner too) is NOT included with the meals like it used to be, and the portion size (at least on the Monte Cristo) is much smaller. Otherwise...its a one of a kind property, so enjoy!

We just had lunch there, things hav
E changed. No more lobster which we came for.

This will be the last time. End of an era

Jack

Anyone happen to know how easy it is to get a table right by the water with a party of 4? My wife and I have only gone by ourselves in the past, and sat by the water both times. This time there would be four adults, so just curious if they have tables that accommodate that, or if they try to keep waterside tables for couples.

BB has definitely gone way downhill on the food quality and value for cost. At this point we might go every third trip, whenever we feel like having a mediocre, overly expensive meal.

The ambiance doesn't save the place, in our eyes, unless you really enjoy sloppily-dressed tourists/locals being loud and waiters that try to push you out of the restaurant as soon as they can. Really, the best experience is first seating at one of the waterside tables. By the time the restaurant fills in (in the first half hour of opening), the ambiance is gone anyway.

My party of three was waterside at a table for four. The waterside couples I saw were also at tables of four. I don't even recall seeing tables smaller than the four tops.

Anyone happen to know how easy it is to get a table right by the water with a party of 4? My wife and I have only gone by ourselves in the past, and sat by the water both times. This time there would be four adults, so just curious if they have tables that accommodate that, or if they try to keep waterside tables for couples.
We had a waterside table for our party of 3. I also noticed other parties of 4 along the water as well. I think most of those tables seat 4.

I’ll agree with those that say we will not return due to the huge decrease in value. When we went in March the salad was included. Now it’s not. The ambiance alone isn’t worth it to me. We’ve BTDT so I won’t feel like I’ll be missing out in the future.

I never ate the salad anyway, so that's not a big deal to me ... but as others have said, all or most of the waterfront tables are 4. We always go with 4 and have always been able to get waterside if we were willing to wait.

Not hesitating at all! Love the Blue Bayou! We have Fantasmic dinner reservations there in a couple of weeks!

I feel it's worth it for the ambiance alone. It was one of the key restaurants I wanted to eat at when we went and thought it was well worth it. Don't really even remember any of the others places we ate in the parks. The food was great from what I recall, don't know how the prices were though.

I try to go every trip I make, because I love the ambiance and I have good memories of eating there as a kid. It's a nice break from the crowds and service is always good. That being said, over the years, the mismatch between price and food quality has grown tremendously. I'd prefer that they just charge an initial flat fee for dining there, then appropriately price the food. It wouldn't seem like such a bad deal if the $ premium was up front.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter