Are you hesitating on Blue Bayou?

We ate lunch at Blue Bayou a week ago last Saturday. We were a party of three and had a great table right by the water. The food was good, but as others noted you don’t get a salad or soup with your dinner now. I was disappointed with that and it really bothers me when restaurants start charging for things that used to be included with a meal. That being said, I had been looking forward to their gumbo so I did order a cup of it and it was delicious. I also missed the variety of breads they used to serve - specifically the sour dough rolls. The bread they now serve was still very good though.

We also ate dinner a few days later at Steakhouse 55 and we all agreed that for just a little bit more of a cost over Blue Bayou, our meal there was outstanding and definitely better. My steak was the best I have ever had. The truffle Mac & cheese was so good.

Last edited:
There is at least one 6-top by the waterfront - we were seated there last time we went even though we were only a party of four.

One important thing to know about BB is that, unlike most of the other TS restaurants, they DO NOT text you when your table is ready. They call your name. If you're not close enough to hear it, they go on and give your table to someone else. Learned that the hard way.

They have 6 tops, 4 tops, and i believe towards the kitchen there is one table for two. That being said, I'll add to those who stated that the food quality has gone down. Our last trip was disappointing. Vegetables burnt beyond recognition, bones in the salmon, and other issues are causing us to take a bit of a break. Not that it matters, the place will still be packed everyday!

It's definitely worth the visit at least once for the atmosphere, but I don't think I'll be making a second trip.

Of course it also kinda hurts that I live in New Orleans and the food at Blue Bayou is always going to seem a bit unauthentic by comparison.

We did it with the Fantasmic package, my son was so excited to see the Pirates boats passing us by (waterside seating, just let them know you are happy to wait for waterside). Definitely worth it for the proiority seating for F too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter