Are you in the parks this week?

Xenorye

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a post-Thanksgiving trip next year, arriving the Sunday after and spending M-F in the parks. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you're in the parks this week as far as crowds/wait times, weather at different times of day, and whatever else. Thanks.

I'm planning a post-Thanksgiving trip next year, arriving the Sunday after and spending M-F in the parks. I'd love to hear your thoughts if you're in the parks this week as far as crowds/wait times, weather at different times of day, and whatever else. Thanks.
It's always a great week to go. Lower crowds than the rest of december but christmas is in full swing. Waits have been very low. I feel like weather is hit or miss though. This week seems unseasonably warm (mid 70s during day), needing a jacket at night. In years past, it's been anything from pouring rain to shorts weather! But usually it's 60s during the day.

The only problem I have with this week and the first of Dec is running into the candlelight processional, which drives bigger crowds and bottlenecks during the weekend.

We went Wednesday and it was glorious. Maybe the lowest crowds I've personally seen in the parks. We rode the Nemo subs with a 5-minute wait at 4pm! My friend went Monday and reported the same. Also went last night for the holiday food festival and then fireworks at Disneyland. Seemed a more crowded compared to Wednesday. Probably picking up a bit as we get toward the end of the week. Seems like a great week to go!

I go to DL typically once a week (sometimes twice). I was there on Thanksgiving and last Wednesday (and will go again this Sunday). Crowds have been great! This seems like a great time to go. Post-Thanksgiving is right around the time when they start rolling out hand-made candy canes. It's always fun to watch them get made.

One thing: it's cool in the mornings and then again in the evenings. Perhaps bring jackets or sweaters. Hope you have a great time!

I was in the parks from Monday evening through Friday. Tuesday through Thursday seemed really good; much lower crowds than I expected. We did DL on Wed and DCA on Thu and were able to ride almost all of the headliners (plus many if the "smaller" rides, see shows (Xmas Parade, fireworks, Frozen) and meet a few characters. On Friday, the crowds were notable heavier from almost the start of the day and just got larger as the day progressed.

We were in the parks all week, here is what I saw.

Weather, great! A little rain overnight on Sunday, but mostly sun and low 70's all week.

Sunday crowds were busy, but not out of control. Still had a good time, but the normal high traffic areas were packed.
Monday, low crowds most of the day, evenings got a little busier.
Tuesday, still low crowds, noticed a little more crowding after 4pm but not bad.
Wednesday, the morning was perfect. lowest crowds I can remember. Afternoon was still good with an influx in the evening again.
Thursday, not crowded in the morning, but more so than the first few days. Afternoon was busy and the evening over at DCA was pretty busy.

This is the 4th time we have gone during this week and it seemed about the same each year. Love that the Christmas decorations are all in full swing. Only draw back is a little lower hours. Parks opend at 9 most days and closed at 8 or 9 depending on the park. Other than that we love it this time of year!

I was in the parks Monday - Friday and it was great! Friday was absolute madness though! (Mind you, I hadn’t been to the parks in 4 years and usually go off season!) but Monday to Thursday were fantastic. It was A LOT colder than I expected it to be in the evenings, 4pm onwards I was freezing (I thought I would be fine coming from Canada haha!) we also had maxpass which was amazing, especially as we had our two year old with us so everything took us a little longer to do. I wouldn’t hesitate to go the week after thanksgiving again! :)

Friday was nuts-I did the parade in DL then left for CA for the rest of the night and it was fairly busy over there too. I was mainly just taking pictures but left around 9 as my camera and tripod were constantly on the verge of being hit. T-TH evenings were actually pretty decent in both parks. I did WOC on Wednesday and was first in line around 7:15.

I go to DL typically once a week (sometimes twice). I was there on Thanksgiving and last Wednesday (and will go again this Sunday). Crowds have been great! This seems like a great time to go. Post-Thanksgiving is right around the time when they start rolling out hand-made candy canes. It's always fun to watch them get made.

One thing: it's cool in the mornings and then again in the evenings. Perhaps bring jackets or sweaters. Hope you have a great time!
You didn't happen to go to the Woc dessert party on Thanksgiving did you? My family and I did that for the 1st time and I thought the guy in front of us looked like someone on the dis boards.

You didn't happen to go to the Woc dessert party on Thanksgiving did you? My family and I did that for the 1st time and I thought the guy in front of us looked like someone on the dis boards.

Sorry, no -- wasn't me. I rarely stay past dark at the park these days. I arrive around 7:00 a.m. and am typically out of the main gate by 4:00, if not earlier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter