Are you kidding me! The DIS WISHES/HAPPILY EVER AFTER compare

I have to say I don't agree with you at all. HEA does nothing for me. Nothing. Now it is just more time to hit the rides.

I loved Wishes- it really struck a sentimental cord for me! I was sure when it left there was nothing that I could feel that nostalgic about but HEA blew me away! I feel like Disney really took the idea of upgrading/updating to heart. It makes me excited to see what they could do if/when they replace Illuminations(which has never really been a must see for me.)

I loved Wishes- it really struck a sentimental cord for me! I was sure when it left there was nothing that I could feel that nostalgic about but HEA blew me away! I feel like Disney really took the idea of upgrading/updating to heart. It makes me excited to see what they could do if/when they replace Illuminations(which has never really been a must see for me.)
Agreed! The story, the message, more pyro, add in all the projections, the song, the lyrics when Tink flies. It has everything! So incredibly well done. I'm also really excited to see what they do with the Illuminations replacement, the initial rumors that have been spread sound intriguing for sure.

On the contrary - those of us who don't like it are in the minority.

There are a certain number of people who don't, and never will like change. Unfortunately things always change so there will always be those who squawk about it, but since you can't change it, you might as well go with it. HEA is fine and when it gets replaced, we'll hear the "never change anything" people lament that as well.

HEA has a better developed story, more fireworks, amazing projections, catchy song and Tink at the end. Plus the goosebump part when Go the Distance and Mufasa's voice play together...imho

There are a certain number of people who don't, and never will like change. Unfortunately things always change so there will always be those who squawk about it, but since you can't change it, you might as well go with it. HEA is fine and when it gets replaced, we'll hear the "never change anything" people lament that as well.

I am fine with change.

I simply do not like HEA. As others have pointed out - different people like different things. And that's OK.

I am fine with change.

I simply do not like HEA. As others have pointed out - different people like different things. And that's OK.

Sure, it's ok. But you still get to hear the boom and see the pretty lights in the sky. Objectively, I don't see much of a difference unless you liked the music from Wishes better (which I did).

We completely agree with you and also have found that many other Disers were opposed to HEA when it first began and still lament about the change. We LOVED Wishes, but do believe that due to the visual projections on the castle combined with the ENCHANTING new music, HEA has stolen our hearts. You are not alone in feeling this way and find ourselves feeling as though it is our first time watching the show and tearing up even after seeing it more than 20 times!

Sure, it's ok. But you still get to hear the boom and see the pretty lights in the sky. Objectively, I don't see much of a difference unless you liked the music from Wishes better (which I did).

I don't like having to choose between watching projections and watching fireworks. They already HAVE a projection show with OUAT. It was too disorienting for me to have both going on at the same time. Projections OR Fireworks, please. Not both at once.

And yes, I LOVE the music from Wishes. It flowed so nicely. HEA has really random abrupt jumps smashed together IMHO.

You can bet if there’s innovation to be done WDW is going to do it. They made the castle as a prop and focus for HEA. Versus wishes where it was just a mere glimmer with a few spot lights. Disney did a 1 up rather than put up a few spot lights, shoot off a couple fireworks and call it a night. If you hate the show, if you (for some reason) feel its uninspiring, take a step back and at least admire the technology that they’ve encapsulated in this show. Further more did you have the same hate for wishes when fantasy in the sky was changed?
I never indicated that I hated HEA. It is really not my thing. Technology is not all that important to me. I am more of a traditionalist and simple things impress me. Technology leaves an empty hole in me and touches nothing.

I think the primary draw for me is the fact that the castle is used as a focus and not a background. Wishes didnt really use the castle other than Tink and a few spot lights on it. Why not use the castle? If you arent going to use the castle as part of the show, then you mine as well have the fireworks on the seven seas lagoon instead lol. Honestly wonder if these people that claim they are "traditionalists" lamented at Fantasy in the Sky fireworks being replaced.
Just as a disclaimer: I am not demonizing the nay sayers. There are just holes in your explanations. I love you all!

Lemme blow all your minds real quick:
What IF disney KEPT Wishes but did the projections they do with HEA...

I've seen and heard a lot of comments that HEA is too technology driven and not nearly as emotional as Wishes. To each their own, but I absolutely loved HEA, and found it to be the perfect show for the end of a day at the most magical place on Earth. Granted, I was always too young to understand "happy tears" when I saw Wishes, so I may be giving it a fair comparison. However, I have no shame in admitting as a 17 year old boy that HEA brought more than a few tears to my eyes both times I have seen it live. I only saw it once in the park, and it is a memory I will never forget.

My last trip to Disney was likely to be my family's last as one unit, since my older brother will be serving in the military and I have since gone off to college. So this trip held special value before we even went. It was the last night of our trip, and my brother really wanted to see the projections on the castle for HEA. We were back by Gaston's Tavern about four minutes until the show started when we decided to try and make it. My brother and I ran through Fantasyland and Liberty Square to the hub, and we worked our way through the crowd to find a spot where we weren't blocking anyone that had been staking their spot (a million apologies to anyone that we passed, I understand the time that has to be spent to get one of those prime viewing locations). We finally found such a spot, and it turned out to have quite the view. I love the show, but there are a couple parts that really bring out my emotional side:

1. When Olaf and Moana come out on the castle, and all the kids get super excited and start singing along to their respective songs.
2. When "You'll Be in My Heart" plays and the Incredibles hug, tears streamed down my face, since I immediately connected that to my family, and especially my brother.
3. When Tinker Bell flies off the castle like she did in Wishes, which brings back all the memories of watching Wishes as a kid.

Again, to each their own, and perhaps I can't give a fair comparison, but HEA will always hold a super special place in my heart, and I can't wait until I get to see it again. I think HEA shows what makes Disney Disney: creating experiences, sometimes using fancy technology, to bring out the emotional side of all of us and the child in all of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter