Are you more of a card or a cash kind of person?

Card. Not only do I find them more convenient, but over here in the UK, they offer a King Pin security blanket - basically, all fraudulent transactions fall on to the credit card company to rectify. It's a wonderful safety net. HOWEVER. Having a credit card runs the risk of going overdrawn. For years now I've carried pre-paid cards, VISA and Mastercard. I can never go overdrawn and they're just as convenient.

Cash with the people I buy from locally and card for the stores and stuff when I shop.

By dollar amount, most of my spending is by card, especially since I started charging my groceries, which is something I NEVER thought I would do. The old warning about not charging something that would be gone by the time the bill came.
If I am lazy I will buy gas on credit, but the 10 cent a gallon discount for cash is pretty attractive.
Big chain stores, usually card. Mom and pop places usually cash since they small businesses seem to really get hit hard by the credit card fees. Although more and more small businesses are adding a charge for using a card.
I never leave home without $60 cash in my wallet, enough to buy a tank of gas in an emergency like the POS network failures that happen from time to time.

i carry a small amount of cash b/c a few places here won't let you do debit or credit unless it's over $10 absent a fee so if i'm grabbing just one perscription at the pharmacy or something like that it's handy to save a couple of bucks. other than that all purchases go on one credit card that i use like a debit card b/c i'm protected in case of card skimming (and if some fraud happens it does'nt drain my checking account).

Almost always a credit card since we have cash back cards 1.5 to 5%. One exception is the pizza place that charges a 5% surcharge for credit cards.

100% card. I wish cash would be done away with. They need to come up with an easy way to tip people without cash using cell phone. That's almost the only thing I ever use cash for these days.

I rarely spend cash because I always think, "What if there is an emergency or the credit card machines are down and I need cash?" I have had the same $40 in my wallet for several months.

I try to pay for everything with a card I am earning a minimum spend on for points/miles. We pay our credit card off each month. Since some places charge a fee we may not be using CC so much.

Card, I can't remember the last time I used cash. It seems like more and more places are going to card only like SeaWorld and Busch Gardens that have "reverse" ATM machines where you put cash in the machine and get that amount on a prepaid reloadable debit card.

Mostly card. I do carry cash too though, as there are still times I find myself in a cash only
situation.

Card I never have cash on me I never see cash I would have to go obtain cash and Poof it’s gone so it’s card so much easier and that way except for gas in my car I don’t have to leave my house as just about everything can de delivered

Card - carry very little cash. It was card all the way for the rewards but since so many places are charging a fee now for using card, not worth it for the rewards. Just got my hair trimmed last Friday and remembered to bring cash for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter