• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Are you planning on getting a Covid-19 vaccination?

Are you planning to get a Covid-19 Vaccination?

• Yes

Votes: 161 74.5%
  • No

Votes: 34 15.7%
  • Other

Votes: 21 9.7%

• Total voters

My point was, EVERY shot is painful for them.

I completely understood, but I also knew it was a matter of time before someone would tell you why you should still vaccinate them.

Now up to 16 people - 12.2% - with a solid NO response. America has no chance.

The 88% of us who will get vaccinated will protect them from the virus, thus proving their point that they didn't get the vaccine and never got COVID-19. Likely the same 12% who won't wear masks.

I'm fairly sure all the stupid ones are though..
Don't get me wrong they are voting both ways, I should know, I run with them.

Seriously people, you have no idea why they said “no.” My childhood friend would probably be a “no” because she went from a perfectly normal 2 year old to a paraplegic from a vaccine injury. She’s of course the outlier, but there are real risks.

It’s not always because they believe a discredited study that most of us wish was never published, especially by a juggernaut like the Lancet.

Last edited:
For herd immunity to work, you need to have a certain percentage of the community vaccinated. There have been measles outbreaks in some US communities during the last few years because not enough people have been vaccinated for there to be herd immunity. We mistakenly believed the measles were gone but we were wrong.

Herd immunity doesn't necessarily prevent all cases. It prevents the virus from spreading. We've had small, isolated measles outbreaks because we're teetering right on the edge of the number required for herd immunity for measles. The higher the reproductive value of the disease, the higher the immune percentage of the population has to be to prevent outbreaks.

I was actually really surprised, in reading up on this as the pandemic has unfolded, how easy the formula is for figuring out the threshold - no more than 1/R0 of the virus can be vulnerable. So for measles, with an R0 of 15 to 18, it only takes 1/15 of the population - less than 7% - to create vulnerability to new outbreaks. In some places in America, the vaccination opt-out rate is high enough to approach that level of vulnerability, so we see small outbreaks if a case of measles is introduced in those places. But the overall immunity level is still high enough that it doesn't spread widely.

The consensus on the R0 of COVID19 seems to be settling around 3. So we could have 1/3 of the population opt out of the vaccine and still achieve sufficient herd immunity to prevent widespread outbreaks. And even that's an over-estimate, because it supposes that no one among those who opt out have natural immunity from having the disease at some point between its emergence and the eventual introduction of a vaccine.

Obviously you didn’t participate in the “conspiracy theory” thread. 😉😉

There is no need for documentation of vaccination. Here’s how “they” make it mandatory. “The Chip” will be included in the jab and you won’t be able to do anything other than pay taxes if the chip doesn’t properly activate the detectors.

Yeah, I have too much experience with actual people to believe in conspiracies. If six people can't keep an upcoming personnel change in a small school to themselves until the news is officially announced, and a seven-member town council can't come to enough ideological agreement not to "leak" a spending plan to stir up public opinion in advance of the vote, how likely is it that these massive conspiracies involving hundreds if not thousands of co-conspirators would actually remain secret long enough to fool anyone?

The 88% of us who will get vaccinated will protect them from the virus, thus proving their point that they didn't get the vaccine and never got COVID-19. Likely the same 12% who won't wear masks.

Sweeping generalizations are just a way to dismiss rational conversation. I wear a mask. My kids are fully vaccinated. And I'm getting tired of being lumped in with morons just because I am reluctant to be the first in line for a first-of-its-kind mRNA vaccine.

There are plenty of people on these boards who would advise against buying a new vehicle in the first model year it is introduced, or against rushing out to get the newest generation of electronic whats-it before enough time has passed to read honest reviews and let others work out the bugs. To me, this is just like that but with higher stakes. It isn't the fact that it is a new vaccine that gives me pause; we've been developing vaccines by more or less the same processes for generations, and if the eventual COVID vaccine that emerges comes from that tradition, I'll be right there for it. But I'm less eager to get something that is new technology before it is well and fully vetted.

Darwinism- not getting the vaccine could weed out the stupid, the science deniers, the loony.
Hmm maybe the “no” answers aren’t so bad.

I will get the vaccine as soon as my doctor recommends it.

I am 45, not young by anyone's definition. I was born in 1974.
So you learned something today kid! :) I've got a car older than you. I was in college in 1976 when the swine flu vaccines were offered. My mom was an RN and required to get one. The hospital preferred anyone who lived in the same household also get the shot, so I did.

I got my son every recommended vaccine up until the age of two. He was vaccinated for chickenpox, measles, whooping cough etc., etc. This is despite how concerned I was about his persistent behavior changes after his second set of shots. I trusted the doctor and wanted him to be safe. At two, he stopped speaking words that he used to speak previously. That is the point that I stopped getting him boosters.

I don't know if the vaccines contributed to him developing his autism, but I also don't know that it didn't contribute to it, and I know that I had noticed immediate and long lasting behavior changes following one set of shots. That was enough for me to decide that the potential risk of continuing vaccination for him was no longer worth it.

With a ton of therapies, attention, excellent schools, excellent nutrition, etc., my son gradually overcame his diagnosis and at 15 he no longer officially meets the criteria for autism. He still has issues: he's immature, way behind socially, has an attention deficit and anxiety. But other than that he is completely normal. And you'd only know if you saw him in his single digit years, how big a deal that is, He didn't speak even short sentences until age 4, but now is fully conversational and is even doing well in his debate class, and is taking Latin. He now prefers spending time with people instead of watching doors open and close for hours on end. His rampant, autistic tantruming that dogged him for so many years is finally gone. After being asked to leave his public school in 3rd grade because he was "uncontrollable", he is now an A/B student at a college prep private high school with no special needs accommodations. He is college bound and has known for years that he wants to be a pilot when he grows up.

I am not anti-vaccine. I know vaccines prevent the spread of disease. I think I've done a good job parenting my child and that I am the best person to decide what's best for him at this point. I will not have him vaccinated for COVID or anything else right now. He's still growing, maturing, making huge strides, and I don't want any possible complication to get in his way. When he's an adult, if he chooses to vaccinate, it may well be fine and not affect him at all. But knowing what I know about his history, I cannot in good conscience take that risk.

There are many parents out there who have walked a similar path as I have and made similar choices after seeing concerning effects of vaccines on their children. It is terrible that they are called names just for advocating for what they think is best for their child. What an angry and intolerant society we are becoming.

Last edited:
I completely understood, but I also knew it was a matter of time before someone would tell you why you should still vaccinate them.

Seriously people, you have no idea why they said “no.” My childhood friend would probably be a “no” because she went from a perfectly normal 2 year old to a paraplegic from a vaccine injury. She’s of course the outlier, but there are real risks.

It’s not always because they believe a discredited study that most of us wish was never published, especially by a juggernaut like the Lancet.
12 percent? Nope.

Bill Gates: "For the world at large normalcy only returns when we've largely vaccinated the entire global population."

"Trying to achieve that ambitious goal that has never before been done for the vaccine, that rises to the top of the list."

I think he would know since this is what he puts his life energy and money into - vaccines and health policy.

Last edited:
Fair allocation based on risk should have you pretty near the front of the line. As I understand it, the list should look something like this:
  1. Medical personnel and first responders
  2. The elderly
  3. Persons with underlying conditions
  4. Essential workers (non-health care or first responders)
  5. Healthy adults aged 18 - 64
  6. Children
;) Not sure where politicians, celebrities and the financially elite will fit in there but as for the rest of us, this makes sense to me.
I think you're right about people receiving vaccines "in order of need". I'm pretty far down the list, but I'd get it as soon as it is available to me /as soon as my doctor recommends it.

Darwinism- not getting the vaccine could weed out the stupid, the science deniers, the loony.
Hmm maybe the “no” answers aren’t so bad.

I will get the vaccine as soon as my doctor recommends it.
Darwinism is alive and well. The Darwin awards this year will be very, very crowded. One only has to look at the beaches and the protests.

I would be in line for being one of the test subjects but would not be allowed due to health. But as soon as it is FDA approved, I will be in line for the vaccine.

There are many parents out there who have walked a similar path as I have and made similar choices after seeing concerning effects of vaccines on their children. It is terrible that they are called names just for advocating for what they think is best for their child. What an angry and intolerant society we are becoming.
Both of my boys have rare medical conditions. I don't blame either on random things which have zero scientific connection to their conditions. You think that others seeing your decision as intolerant? Well, why would someone tolerate illogical behavior endangering our children?

Correlation vs. causation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter