Are you ready to cruise again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, what is everyone‘s opinion of the possibility of the cruise industry going belly up? Just playing devils advocate. I am really wanting to cruise. scheduled for September for our first Disney cruise, first for my adult sons. It’s likely a once in a lifetime vacation for us. I fear paying in full and never seeing the money again. Am I crazy? I really want September cruise to happen. I don’t have anything to compare it to, and if not full capacity, I’m fine with that. Having made these reservations at beginning of Pandemic, I can’t stand the thought of waiting until 2022. Ugh.

I thought I was ready to cruise again that’s why I’ve been on this forum the last week. This forum has made me not want to cruise. The divisiveness over vaccines, the restrictions, masks etc. I think I’m kind of over it. Planning a vacation should not make you anxious, sad or angry. Then if you do come to grips with all the nonsense then there’s the uncertainty if your cruise will even sail. Hopefully next year this will all be behind us.

While some people travel for business and choose to fly over drive for understandable reasons, only a very very rare individual would choose a ship since few itineraries would fit the need. That would give airlines a huge talking point for operation needs over sailings.
This might be the line of distinction between air and sea travel. Especially when disclosures of intent of traveling for business or pleasure would never required for boarding in the US.
Just a thought-perspective on why cruises are “singled out.”
So far FCC on 4 of our cruises and expect the same for August’s. Still planning on March 2022 though. But I haven’t been in an airplane or even made a reservation.

Disney Cruise Line have now released full information about the UK summer sailings which answers some of your questions. Disney Magic At Sea Onboard Experiences

Live Shows in the Walt Disney Theatre
  • Reserved Show Times: In order to watch a live stage show inside the Walt Disney Theatre, Guests must reserve a show date and arrival time. Reservations can be made online or through the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app on a first-come, first-served basis beginning 30 days prior to the date you set sail.
  • Show Schedules: To promote physical distancing, each itinerary will offer one West-End-style live show performed multiple times with reduced capacity. 4-night cruises will also include an additional live variety show. Be sure to check the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app 30 days before setting sail for more information.
  • Physical Distancing: Seating in the Walt Disney Theatre will be organized to include empty rows and seats between parties to promote physical distancing.
Dining Experiences
Serving up diverse global cuisines and classic casual bites inside themed restaurants peppered with Disney magic, Disney Cruise Line invites you to savor the finest in dining at sea with new enhancements sure to surprise and delight—and promote health and safety.

Dining Times
Dining room seating will be staggered to accommodate physical distancing. Guests will be assigned to the same table and service team for dinner, with one family or travel party per table. Preassigned locations and dining times can be found on the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app, and are also printed on the Key to the World cards located in each stateroom. Guests can continue to choose first or second seating times when booking their cruise. Additional offerings for breakfast and lunch can be found on the Disney Cruise Line Navigator App.

Digital Menus
Guests will use the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app to view all restaurant menus on board the ship, including menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and when dining at Palo, inside our lounges and bars, and for in-stateroom dining. Paper menus will be available upon request for Guests without a mobile device.

Buffets
For the safety and well-being of everyone, self-service buffets have been temporarily paused.

Quick-Service Dining Food & Beverage Locations
Quick service food and beverage locations still offer all-you-care-to-eat bites and treats, and are served by Crew Members at designated times each day throughout the cruise.

Self-Service Stations
All food and beverages that were previously available at self-service stations will now be served by Crew Members. In addition, physical barriers have been added where it may be difficult to maintain physical distancing.

Royal Court Royal Tea
While little princes and princesses can still enjoy a fairytale teatime experience in a fanciful setting on 3- and 4-night sailings, Disney Princesses will make appearances from a safe distance. In addition, overall capacity for the Royal Court Royal Tea experience has been reduced and only one travel party will be assigned per table. Updates to the assortment of gifts include collectible journals and lithographs, which are temporarily replacing the autograph books. For everyone’s safety and well-being, photo sessions and autographs have been temporarily paused.

Pools, Waterslides & More
Make a splash in freshwater pools, aqua play areas and waterslides designed for kids, families and adults.

Virtual Queue for Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area
To accommodate physical distancing and limit capacity, Guests must join our new virtual queue to access the Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area. Guests join the virtual queue via the Disney Cruise Line Navigator app once they’re on board the ship. When it’s their turn, Guests will receive a push notification on their mobile device requesting they make their way to the Goofy’s Pool Deck Area and AquaLab Deck Area, which includes 2 family pools, a kid’s splash area and lounge chairs. As Guests leave the pool area, chairs will be thoroughly cleaned before new Guests make their way in. Towels will be provided.

Face Coverings
Face coverings for Guests ages 11 and older—including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine—are not required while swimming, but are required when navigating the pool areas. Deck chairs and relaxation spaces are pre-arranged to reduce capacity and accommodate physical distancing. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations.

Waterslides
Waterslides remain open with queue locations to accommodate with physical distancing.

Splash Zones, Wading Pools and Whirlpools
Splash zones, wading pools and whirlpools are open with limited capacity to accommodate physical distancing.

Face Coverings:
Face coverings are required for all Guests (ages 11 and up) and Crew Members, including those who have received a COVID-19 vaccine. Please bring your own face coverings and wear them at all times, except when dining, swimming or in your stateroom. You may temporarily remove your face covering while actively eating, drinking or taking an outdoor photo, but you must be stationary and maintain appropriate physical distancing during this time. It is recommended that children ages 3 to 10 wear a face covering at all times except in designated locations.

• COVID-19 Vaccination: In order to sail, Guests 18 years of age and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, as defined by the National Health Service (NHS). The NHS currently defines “fully vaccinated” as 7 days after the final dose. Disney Cruise Line will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to show proof of this vaccination status.
  • Pre-Trip COVID-19 Testing: Guests under 18 years of age are not required to be vaccinated, but must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR test result (paid for by the Guest) taken between 5 days and 24 hours prior to the date you set sail. Disney Cruise Line has secured a special discounted rate through a third-party vendor for PCR tests and will contact Guests prior to sailing with instructions on how to complete and submit their test results. Guests may obtain their PCR test from the third-party vendor or any qualified testing supplier.
  • Embarkation COVID-19 Testing: All Guests, including those who have been vaccinated, are required to undergo an antigen COVID-19 rapid test administered by a third party in the terminal prior to boarding. Anyone testing positive will undergo a second test to verify the results. All tests administered at the terminal will be at the expense of Disney Cruise Line. Guests with positive COVID-19 test results, as well as those in their travel party, will be denied boarding.
  • Temperature Checks and Questionnaires: Daily temperature checks and health questionnaires are required for all Guests and Crew Members.

Wow! Thanks for sharing. You've just made my decision easy...that's a no go for me!

Wow! Thanks for sharing. You've just made my decision easy...that's a no go for me!

exactly. That would be great vacation, eh? even MORE waiting - now I have to wait for someone to vacate the pool area before I can enjoy the pool deck? Yeah, no thanks. . . oh, daily temperature checks? FUN! Kinda like a muster station drill every day! What a great time!

:lmao:

I think the reason cruises are being "singled out" is because they're an entirely discretionary form of travel, and an onboard outbreak can and has been a disaster, just look at that poor Princess ship that languished off the coast of Japan for nearly a month last year.

I personally won't be boarding a ship until my entire family, including the kids, can be vaccinated, and until there is some kind of guarantee that if we are denied boarding due to failing a Covid test on embarkation day or a temperature check when returning from port, we will be refunded the cost of any unused portion of our trip, by DCL. It's too expensive a gamble otherwise. (And, yes, I know there is such a thing as travel insurance, but I don't know what kind of policies will be available once cruising actually resumes).

I also won't cruise until passengers are allowed to take independent excursions instead of ones purchased through the cruise line. So...I probably won't be cruising for at least another 2 years, it looks like!

While some people travel for business and choose to fly over drive for understandable reasons, only a very very rare individual would choose a ship since few itineraries would fit the need. That would give airlines a huge talking point for operation needs over sailings.
This might be the line of distinction between air and sea travel. Especially when disclosures of intent of traveling for business or pleasure would never required for boarding in the US.
Just a thought-perspective on why cruises are “singled out.”
So far FCC on 4 of our cruises and expect the same for August’s. Still planning on March 2022 though. But I haven’t been in an airplane or even made a reservation.
I understand the difference in needed for work vs vacation but if travel is so dangerous, I can't think of an employee that is so important that they would have to put their life on the line to get to a different location. The part that really bothers me is that you see in the news our elected leaders telling us that travel is dangerous and we need to stay home but yet it is fine for them to travel and vacation. When they get caught, it is nothing but lies to cover what they got caught doing. I was listening to Doctor's Radio on XM a few weeks ago and one doctor from New York stated that she needed a break so she was in Mexico (I don;t remember where exactly) on vacation and phoning in her radio spot. I see no problem in that other than every other doctor on that station was stressing the importance of staying home and wearing masks.

exactly. That would be great vacation, eh? even MORE waiting - now I have to wait for someone to vacate the pool area before I can enjoy the pool deck? Yeah, no thanks. . . oh, daily temperature checks? FUN! Kinda like a muster station drill every day! What a great time!

:lmao:
If you are required to have a pool reservation, is there a time limit you can be there? Also according to the CDC temperature checks are an unreliable form of detecting covid. I work at a location that requires temperature checks before entering and have seen at lease 4 people sent home with covid after having been through the check. All four reported that they tested positive for covid. Even the rapid test is unreliable. My wife suffered a medical emergency and was transported to our local hospital.

Elon Musk stated that he had 4 covid test in 1 day. Two came back positive and 2 came back negative. If we are required to take a ship board test and believe it to be a false report, what then. When I spoke with a doctor friend about this, I was told that the covid test should not be used to check for covid but be used to confirm a diagnosis based of other symptoms.

Yes, I'm ready to cruise! I want a veranda and beverage and ocean!! I am fine with the UK cruise to nowhere rules - I'd go if I were there.

I hope those of us willing to cruise from the US may do so soon.

I'm ready. I had my second vaccine on January 6th. My husband, adult children and most of my friends (also healthcare workers) have also been vaccinated. I think we'd be a great group to sail with (especially me as I also had covid last summer from my job in the ER). I'm booked on an ABD this fall and the Greek Isles cruise in 2022 and am so hopeful that they happen.

We are totally ready for our cruise. I am wondering if everything required in the UK will be required in the US.

I have a cruise booked for May 2022. By then I hope my son will be vaccinated (12-15 age group). However I will cancel if it is still limited experience, masks required. I am super pro mask but something about cruising with them just does not appeal to me. I don't even mind them at the theme parks where it is more rides but to me a cruise is for relaxing and masks are not relaxing. I am trying to picture how the adult entertainment is going to work in the evenings as is on the UK sailings...

Have a cruise booked in September, will be the first in nine years. There will be six of us (dh and me, two adult children, two seventeen year old children), and one of our adult children doesn't want to get vax'd, though the rest of us are in the process of getting that done. That one also isn't happy about masking, but the rest of us will be fine with that. Not happy, but accepting. Their business, their rules. We can also do with the timing on pool, reservations for shows, etc. Again, dh and I are not thrilled, but willing to do it this time. Whether all the kids will be willing, that's another story. We'll just go without them.

Weirdly enough, I have to say no rotational dining might kill it for us. I know that's an odd thing, but it's one of the things we really love about the Disney ships.

I don't think I will ever cruise again. What happened at the beginning of the pandemic to those on infected ships has scared me off for life. I will stay on land.

No, what is it?

Its a political position.

Here is a simple example people can follow: The policy for all cruises is 10 days of quarantine prior to boarding with daily testing in a location controlled fully by the cruise line.

Right now the answer is "no" when in reality if it was just about safety it would be "only if". Anything closed at this point is political not because of safety as there are restrictions and policies that could be required to make it "safe".

I will leave it at that since its not the point of this threat. (Also yes I was pro-mask prior to any of the government mandates and back when the CDC said you didn't need them and I had purchased my k95 masks in January '20 right after I got off a flight)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter