Are you watching election results?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here in Arizona about 62% of all registered voters voted early. Those votes are counted before election day and the results are released 1 hour after the polls close- 8PM. In AZ the vote is too close to call just yet but other states may have a much higher percentage for one side and get called early. I think most of the news outlets call race too quickly, just my opinion.
You’d think they would have learned after the Florida debacle.

My husband is listening to someone on the news saying with the way the numbers are looking now, there is a chance of a tie in the electoral college votes? I just looked up what happens in case of a tie, looks like it would have to be decided by the House on January 3rd?! Can’t even imagine having to wait that long

My husband is listening to someone on the news saying with the way the numbers are looking now, there is a chance of a tie in the electoral college votes? I just looked up what happens in case of a tie, looks like it would have to be decided by the House on January 3rd?! Can’t even imagine having to wait that long

of course this is what will happen. It’s the curse of 2020.

The Nebraska district has been called for Biden. That 1EV flip, makes getting a tie pretty hard. DH was looking earlier and with that there were only 2 possible ways to get ties left, but it would require weird results. One way was Biden winning N.C. and GA but Trump winning NV. Unlikely. I don’t remember the other.

Well I’m up and anxiously awaiting these results! I hope they don’t drag this along to try and count mail in ballots...those states they are waiting on are lit up pretty red!!! 🙏🏼

Started watching here in Ireland last night, was watching CNN and was in knots laughter at John King and his magic wall, and how much he was soo into it all and kept saying how much fun it was.

Now its 10am here in Ireland and I'm back watching CNN. How much coffee have these presenters had, they just keep throwing out facts and figures, its fascinating. One good thing about this election, I finally understand the difference between the popular vote and the Electoral College numbers and why someone can win the popular vote but still not become President.

I'm up in the night and just thought I'd check. OMG you guys. This is killing me. It's even messier than we'd imagined in our house.

I'm just dying to understand how they were able to call the results of California, Oregon and Washington 3 minutes after the polls closed there (if indeed they were open until 8 pm local time). It's a sincere question if someone could please answer for me. Not interested in who's winning, just how the votes there can possibly all be counted so quickly. :confused:

I don't understand how the charts would say states with 0% reporting, we give the state to X.

I don't understand how the charts would say states with 0% reporting, we give the state to X.

I'm not sure what you are watching but it could be something called exit polls, where they give an unofficial estimate based on peoples responses as they leave the in person voting. In Ireland, its used to give an unofficial estimate of which way things could possibly go

what else are they supposed to do - we don't have all of the votes in yet...they can't report on vote totals without vote totals.

It takes several hours for all of the votes to be counted and there are several time zones across the US. A better method for TV coverage would be to report on results perhaps once an hour after the polls close. At least the networks have agreed to NOT project winners in states where voting was still goin on like they used to do in the past. Non-stop TV coverage means they have to fill the airtime with something. It is like the Weather channel when covering a hurricane. They keep showing the same clips over and over when we really don't need minute by minute coverage.

Last edited:
I fell asleep around 1am, woke up just after both candidates spoke... first thoughts even while half asleep.. this can’t be good & i’m somewhat surprised that it’s this close. I wasn’t expecting a landslide, but figured that with turnout so high both by advance voting and in person it was signaling the want for change 🤷🏻‍♀️

Will go make coffee and do a real catch up before getting my day started. 🙂

I think my plan to watch the start of the live TV coverage, then sleep in the middle, which was my normal sleep time and then rejoin in morning time my local time was a good plan. How all of you in America are managing to do an all nighter is amazing, crazy, but amazing, sending coffee and snacks to everyone still awake :)

Well I’m up and anxiously awaiting these results! I hope they don’t drag this along to try and count mail in ballots...those states they are waiting on are lit up pretty red!!! 🙏🏼

what?
Those mail in votes are still real things that need to be counted. Maybe I’m misunderstanding your post but this sounds like you think they don’t count?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter