Are you willing to share with us?

lindylou

Mouseketeer
Please share the estimated cost of a 7 day vacation at WDW? Not including airfare. I know accommodations will vary, but when you actually decide to take a WDW trip, what amount pops into your head?

A week long trip, staying on-grounds at a moderate hotel, airfare, food, etc., usually runs us around $3500-$4000 for a family of four.

Hope this helps.

Renee

Well we live here in Fl about 70 min from WDW so not much but gas on the way over.

But if we stay on site like we did a few months ago for 4 nights at a moderate + food + all the outher stuff runs about give or take
a few $$$ (also we hold AP so there are no tickets we need to buy)

Room $ 700.00
Food $ 350.00
Exc $ 250.00

Total $1,300 for a family of four ( me / wife / two kids.

We are going over on jan 2/5 for total of 3 night at the AsMusic
3 nights $160.00 + around $ 400.00 for food and $ 200.00 in stuff
for a total of $760.00

Ron.

A recent trip of mine for 2 adults (concierge accomodations, but with a VERY discounted code rate) including food, tips, 1 ticket (a 4 day park hopper--I already had an annual pass), gas (we drove), etc. was about $2800 dollars. Hope this helps!

My last trip in Nov '01 was $2900 for a week at a moderate for 2 adults and 8 y/o dd. This Aug is looks like: $7-800 for room, $600 for passes (we have a day each on our old passes and two plus visits), and we usually spend about $150 a day for 'stuff' including food. All in all, with air it will be about $3000 for 7 nights this time, again at a mod. unless I get WL at a great rate!!

Our last trip was for 7 days ,six nights last november. 2 adults,2 kids (8 and 10)

- 4 days at Asmu and 2 nights AKL $585
- Food: most breakfast in room,lunch at the parks,1 dinner olive garden,Jiko and Boma.$500
- Rental car-$169 plus $25 gas
- Tickets- 3 adult $532 PH
- Miscellaneus- $250
Total....$2061...Worth every penny!!;)

I usually figure our budget to be around $3000 per week.This time ,because, we stayed at Asmu to be with friends we spent less.

DH, me and our 4YO usually budget around $2500 that includes moderate resort onsite, air, transfers, food and souvenirs and we really go crazy spending on souvenirs. We often bring back at least 200-300$.

I have a family of 4 - usually stay at one of the Deluxes (Poly, etc.) Probably about $10k with airfare for the week.....

Without airfare but including hotel (on site, with discount code :D ), park passes, rental car (we always get one), and spending money (for lots of food & souvenirs) I'm gonna say $3500 for our family of 4. Though our price has gone up now that we are a family of 5!

We're a family of 5. We get 2 rooms at the CR in the towers. Normally stay for 10-12 days. Have breakfast & dinner in nice restaurants. Boat rentals at resorts, gifts for family & friends,deny ourselves nothing while on vacation. Scrimp & save all year for this. We drive down from NJ and these trips usually run us around $8-10,000.00.

We went for 12 days, at CR, with 10 day length of stay passes. We ate very well and did everything we wanted to. We are a family of 4..kids are 9 & 11. Spent just under $5000.00. best vacation yet!

We recently stayed in a concierge room at AKL at a great price with a code for 7 nights. Room, 2 annual passports with DC discount, food (dinner at CRT, Alfredos & Yachtman Steakhouse and several breakfast buffets and fast food lunches) and goodies cost about 2,500 for 2 adults.

We spent about $3800 for a week for 2 adults, the first week of December. We split our stay between AKL Savannah and YC Water View (using codes). We also bought annual passes to help with $$$ for our upcoming October trip. We ate at a lot of fine restaurants for dinner, and usually had a bottle of wine or a few drinks (Jiko, Wolfgang Puck's Cafe, California Grill, Kona, Chefs de France, Victoria and Alberts, Flying Fish). We also bought souveniers and had either a counter service breakfast or lunch.

We recently renewed our AP's. 2 adults = $679.28
Showcase tour - 2 adults = $118
We figure on $100 a day for food. Sometimes it's more; sometimes less.
$55 a night at ASMu (incl tax) with the AP rate in off season.
$$$$$$$$ on pins :rolleyes: (Too much $)
The dog kennel/cat care will cost almost as much as our ASMu bill. :rolleyes: Or at least seems to. Plus $15 each time someone comes in to feed the cat.
YourRide = DH pays, and it's under $100. But not by a whole lot.
But parking at the OMA airport is only around $20! :teeth: That's something! ;)
DH will spend approx $100 on marathon merchandise. He's already spent $80 on Disney Dead Runner's clothing. :rolleyes:
$15 for my Passporter.
The list just goes on.............. :rolleyes:
Throughout the year we buy Disney Dollars and hold them back. That's our Disney trip savings account. Every little bit helps. :)

With my family of 5 (2 adults, kids 10, 7 and 4) we spent $5400.

Included:
8 nights at the Poly
Tickets to MNSSHP with costumes
Annual passes for everyone
Dinner for 11 at Hoop-De-Doo
2 Character breakfasts
3 Character dinners
lunches all week
Souvineers about $300-$400
Monster Inc. on opening weekend
Lots of snacks
transport from MCO and back
tips

Hope this helps

Eating can be costly so it pays to plan accordingly.
My son and I found (quite by accident) during our trip
last June that if you eat a very large breakfast it's easy to
hold out until a late lunch or dinner (dinners are more expensive).
This worked out great during our stay. We ate several times at
Spoodles for breakfast (GREAT breakfast pizza/flat bread) and
really did not need much more than a drink or small snack for lunch.
Keep reading these boards for wonderful tips!!!!!!!!!!!!

So far with airfare of 675.00
2 adults, one child
staying 7 nights @ Car. Beach Resort
is about 2200.00 incl hotel 7 nights(water view), airfare(Midwest Express from WI) and 7 day park hoppers.
this does not incl. meals, but we do have priority seatings reserved....

My advice, watch for codes for hotel rooms, they will save you $$$. And going to WDW during VALUE season gives you more bang for your buck!
I wanted to stay in a deluxe, but I figured the $$ I'd save staying in moderate could be used for other things...like FOOD ...!!!

:Pinkbounc

Annette

Family of 5 + my mom:
6 4-Day PH: apprx $1000
1 Nt. @ ASMu, 2 rooms & 5 nts. @ Beach Club Villas, 2 b/r: $1300
Spending money which included Hoop De Doo for 6, a character B-fast for 6, groceries, gas for the van and 2 nights on the road: $1000

So total was around $3200. We were on a budget, but had a blast nonetheless.

So much of your costs depends on when you go, where you stay, where you eat, and the type of passes you buy. We leave in just about a month. We are staying 5 nights at AKL the first two standard the last three concierge. Here is my budget breakdown

airfare $800.00
passes $800.00
hotel $1,100.00
transportation $100.00
food $600.00 -- sitdowns, counter, and eating at concierge lounge
sunrise safari $200.00
misc. $200.00
TOTAL $3,800.00

A moderate or value would easily cut you resort cost in half. We usally stay at a moderate but this is a special trip with myself, my mother and my two daughters. Hubby is staying home.

I would bet staying at mod or value, no air, discount on you passes with the Florida resident discount, more counter service meals and you could cut this price in half.

Let us know how your planning goes.

Renee

We usually stay 7 nights at a deluxe resort using the discount codes available. We drive because it's only 9 hours for us. We typically spend $2,500 - $3,000. That includes tickets, room, food, shopping and gas for the car.

PamNC

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter