Are your kids doing a Valentine card exchange tomorrow?

browneyes

DIS Veteran
Mine are. They aren't allowed to call it a party though.:rolleyes:

My dd has Mary Kate and Ashley cards. My ds has dinosaur cards. It was sooooooo much fun having my ds address those cards.:eek: He thought it was pure torture.:teeth:

Today... since they have off Friday /Monday....We had a combo of Scooby/Nickelodeon/Barbie....

My DD had a hard time as well but she is in kindergarten....so I was expecting it

DS8's class is exchanging cards today. Tomorrow they are off of school. No party here either "because they don't have time" was the reasoning??.

DS8 won't be there since he's been sick all week. I didn't want to write them for him because I think a bit of "torture" is good practice in the writing department. He'll have the long weekend to work on them and can pass them out Tuesday.

My DS#1 told me he didn't want to do it this year, he is in 5th grade.:( His teacher told them that they can exchange cards if they want to, but they don't have to. He chose not to do it...

DS#2 (1st grade) prepared his cards yesterday afternoon, all by himself. He took them in today and can't wait to give them to his friends. :D

My kids are both having Valentine's Day exchanges, and parties. DS7 got a letter home from the teacher that each student must have a party for each child in the class, or there would be no exchange. Sounds fair to me.

DS7 has Harry Potter cards, DS4 has Scooby Doo cards. :sunny:

Jason, if our dd's have the same taste in things, I feel sorry for you.;) They can't call it a party because they're only allowed 2 per year. They've found a loophole so they can have a party without calling it a party.;) They're calling it a card exchange with snacks.:p

Snoopy, that's so funny! When my kids were looking at cards the first time they saw them (I believe that was about a month and a half ago:rolleyes: ), my dd almost got the Harry Potter and my ds almost got the Scooby. But I told them to hold off and wait to see if they had more to choose from. My dd was so glad she waited. She loves those annoying twins.:eek: I don't know why my ds changed his mind. I think it's because he knew I liked the Scooby cards better.;)

Kelsea got the Harry Potter ones, and Brittany got the Hello Kitty ones.
Yes, my 17 yo dd and her friends exchange cards. They think it's fun. :teeth:

Well 12 yo DS thinks it is "dumb" and 17 yo DS only got something for the "girlfriend"

DD 4 will get some tonight and if she is feeling better tomorrow she can give them to her friends.

Karissas was yesterday, hers were 3-D valentines lol
Cams is today ( no school Friday or Monday) he is taking (what else??) Glow in the Dark Space ones ;)

They both have Parties.

My girls are exchanging Valentines tomorrow in school. 3rd grader (Megan) has "tatoo" Valentines while Kindergarten (Macie) has Scooby Doo.

They are having a party as well. I'm sending in heart shaped rice krispee treats and heart sugar cookes with icing and all sort of cute candies on them.

Bought Yankee Candles for their teachers:) Should be fun.

Both of my DD's will be exchanging Valentines today (no school tomorrow) and will be having a party. DD7 did Barbie for the girls and Scooby Doo for the boys. DD3 did Precious Moments for both boys and girls.:D

Yes, 2 of mine are. My 6th graders class doesn't pass out cards. The 5th grader can if he wants, but he doesn't want to. He said he might pass out some extras to his close friends.
My 9 yo has Spongebob, and my 6 yo has Lord Of the Rings! :teeth: :teeth:

My son is having a party on Friday with his Kindergarten class! :) He has SpiderMan Valentines! :)

My DS's (12) class does have a party w/ pizza tomorrow. He still has some Superman from last year and got Spiderman this year. My DD (14) just gets cards for her friends. She got Lilo & Stitch. She also buys her best freind something every year. (he's a guy)

4 yo dd had her party at pre-school today. She passed out Mary Kate and Ashley cards.
10 yo dd (5th grade) is having her party today because they are going on a field trip tomorrow. She was passing out animal cards where the animals faces are all distorted and their eyes are really big. The older they get the harder it is to find something "cool" for them.

DD is having a party and an exchange and, I'm invited. The class is gonna sing for the guests. ;) She wanted the sparkly/shiny Princess ones. It was either that or Barbie. :)

Both dd's have parties tomorrow. We had our Valentine's addressed a week ago and ready to go. Treat bags have been made for youngest dd's pre-k class. I am going to be the party helper at youngest dd's pre-k class in the morning because it will be her 5th b'day. I will be surrounded by 18 4 & 5 year olds! :crazy: I already have visions of the sugar high!;) Actually, I did it last year and it was fun...exhausting, but fun.

Then in the afternoon I will be the party helper (only for an hour though, much shorter party time) for oldest dd's 1st grade class. Whew...what am I still doing up? I am going to need my rest!

Happy Valentine's Day to All!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter