Ariel a AG lunch and FF

thedryadqueen

Earning My Ears
Complete DL newbie here, I am wondering if the Ariel (and other princesses) that you would see at say FF in the morning are the "same" as the ones at AG lunch? If they are different do they look similar enough that my DD5 might not be able to tell the difference? She is right at that age were she will for sure have the magic of believing they are the "real deal" but is also old enough and perceptive enough to tell if things are off (say she met Ariel earlier in the day and then again later the same day but she looks completely different).

Fantasy Faire has 2 sides, with 3 princesses on each side. You will only go on one side. The sign out front will tell you who is meeting guests. If a name appears on the sign, that princess is in there. If the name on the sign is blank, that means you will see a princess, but you don't know who. If meeting a particular princess is a priority and she isn't on the list, tell the CM at the entrance. They might be able to guide you down the right hallway if possible.

During the 24 hour party this year, I went to Fantasy Faire twice during the day and Ariel's Grotto for lunch. I was determined to see Sleeping Beauty (favorite Disney film) while I was dressed in my Jedi robes (other favorite movie). I wound up seeing Ariel, Cinderella, and Aurora at both locations. Belle, Snow White, and Tiana were unique to one location.

In all likelihood, you will see different friends of the same princess at both locations. But with just a few cues to the princess (like having your daughter thank the princess for having lunch with her or seeing her earlier that day) you will likely instantly create a situation where your daughter does not know the difference.

Let me illustrate. At Walt Disney World in 2009, I ate at Akershus in Epcot's Norway pavilion. Cinderella is rarely at Akershus since she's usually in her castle in Florida. However, on this night she was at Akershus and I asked her what Gus and Jaq were doing at the castle. She told me they were baking a cake and she hoped that the castle was still standing when she got back.

A couple of months later, I was at Disneyland and saw Cinderella. I "refreshed" her memory of the earlier conversation and asked her what happened with the cake. Without skipping a beat, she told me that the mice had attempted to bake the cake out of cotton candy and it exploded leaving a huge mess in the kitchen. But since they were her friends and she loved them so much, she couldn't be too mad at them for making a mess.

Give the characters a chance to show you who they are and you will improve your chances of having a magical experience. I cannot believe how magical it was to have the princesses treat me like a Jedi Knight. I was just hoping to get some fun photos of me dressed as a Jedi with characters from some of my favorite Disney films. Little did I dream that they would treat me like I was a Jedi Knight. Made my day.

My daughter met Belle at Ariel's Grotto and then again the next day right as we walked through the turnstiles. I had not even given this idea a thought but my daughter totally called out the princess. She said,"you are not Belle, I met Belle yesterday and she was looked different". It was super awkward, everyone in line was laughing and Belle kind of seemed annoyed.Belle gave her some line about there only being one Belle.....my daughter didn't buy it. She had just turned four :confused3. What can you do? It was actually a funny memory

T be honest though, most of the princesses really look the same!

I would just hit FF in the morning and skip the expensive lunch! http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/rotfl2.gif

But seriously, we went to FF in the morning and went through with no wait, and our daughter had so much fun talking to the princesses! We did FF while we were waiting for our 10:00am fast pass return time for Ana and Elsa ... by lunch we had seen almost every princess! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter