Ariel at Ariel's Grotto (kind of dumb question)

ashbyyokosuka

Mouseketeer
this is my first time to DL

we are eating at Ariel's Grotto.

i know she has a place she hangs out in DCA.

but does she ALSO hang out ALL the time at the Grotto?
can my kids get a picture of her there while we eat?

do other princesses walk around while we eat as well? (and not just at Princess Faire?)

i THINK i remember a long time ago when we went to WDW
that when Ariel was doing a parade, she was NOT at her grotto.
they didn't want to have MULTIPLE Ariel's around.

does that sound like DL too???

thanks in advance!

In DL she has a little Grotto that she is at (and sometimes Prince Erik!) but leaves around 5 or 5:30.

I haven't eatten at the grotto in DCA, but I have heard that as you enter, she greets you! There are also a bunch of other princesses that will show up there. I've heard Cinderella, Snow White, Mulan, Aurora, and mary poppins.

In the DL Grotto, she has her fins. At DCA, she has legs and walks from table to table with a ball gown

At Ariel's Grotto, the princesses are announced 1 by 1 and stop by each table for a picture. When we were there we saw Ariel, Wendy, Jasmine, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White.
Now that they have a dedicated princess 'meet and greet' at Ariel's Grotto and the Princess Faire, DL really doesn't have princesses walking around the park anymore. You pretty much can only see them in those locations. Sleeping Beauty does also perform at an outside show in DCA and signs autographs right before and right after the show and as mentioned above, Ariel has her spot she meets people at near the castle...

I have a more updated version for you. We had breakfast at Ariel's a couple weeks ago.

They now have Ariel stationed at the entrance of the restaurant down the stairs in a little photo op area. You will meet Ariel before you are seated. This is Ariel with legs. You get one chance at a picture and the CM photographer will also take a pic. They really push you through this and don't give you much time. That is the only time you will see Ariel. Later on, during your meal, they will announce the princesses one at a time (4 of them). They will circulate throughout the restaurant (they have a mapped out pattern) and you can get photos and autographs during that time.

In my opinion, the Ariel greet at King Triton's Gardens in DL is much better. The Ariel we experienced at the restaurant was, I hate to say it, freaky looking. She had weird eyes and way too much make-up on.

Anyway, that's how things are currently run at Ariel's Grotto.

In my opinion, the Ariel greet at King Triton's Gardens in DL is much better. The Ariel we experienced at the restaurant was, I hate to say it, freaky looking. She had weird eyes and way too much make-up on.

Anyway, that's how things are currently run at Ariel's Grotto.

thank you so much for this update!

k
so i have a question
you said Ariel and King Triton's Garden in <b> DL </b> is better.

where is that? does she have her own place in disneyland OTHER than the Princess Faire?

my DD is a HUGE Ariel fan, so i want to know where to get her (as many times as possible!!!)

thanks in advance!

Yes......Ariel has her own dedicated spot to the east of the castle behind the matterhorn in Disneyland. She sits there in her fin, and if she is gone, she will return later on that day (unless she is gone at the end of the day) That is probably the best place to see her. Just like was posted above, at Ariel's Grotto restaurant in DCA you are really whisked by her pretty quickly. At DL we had a nice, if brief, chat. We went off season, but the line was never very long. Good luck!!!

There is one Ariel there that has been there for a while now. One time we went to DCA and meet her at Ariel's grotto she said to my daughter I remember you from Disneyland last year. And she told me afterwards that she really did, not a made up story she said. I was pretty impressed. Then last year when we went to Goofy's kitchen on our last day. we were there for 3 days, we seen Jasmine and she remembered my dd from day 1 at the DL princess faire and because it was her b-day that last day, she sat down with her for awhile. I was very impressed with this for both occasions. My dd just loved that they actually remembered her. It made her feel special. We will be there next Tues/Wedn and maybe we will see them again. princess:

I must also agree that the Ariel in King Triton's Garden is much better than the Ariel at the Grotto.....we were not rushed through it, Plus my DD likes Ariel with her rather than in a gown.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter