Ariel Grotto lunch

I feel so bad , We eat at Ariels most every trip. We have decided to do Minnies instead. (Wich I am sure will be good .) Cioppino is my favorite dish .

I just wanted to weigh in on the outdoor vs indoor seating. We've been to Ariel's twice now and sat outside both times. Once during the day and once at night. If we go again we will request to be inside. I suppose it's just a matter of preference but we felt a bit left out of the whole experience being outside. Yes, the characters all came out and visited but it still felt different than other character meals we've had. Also, both times we were a bit chilly just sitting there. If it's a bit cold outside you don't notice it as much when you are walking around and moving but when you are just sitting there waiting for food and what not you can feel it a lot more. The night time view of the park was nice however.

No, it's even changed since the first time we ate there as Ariel's Grotto!!!! OMG, sooooooooo good!!!!!!!!!

It's across the pier towards Screamin', if you're walking towards Screamin' you'd pass the Catch a Flave place after you walk past AG, it overlooks the "bay" altho it's currently drained.

OMG, you're so mistaken!!!! The meals are so much better than the old menu!!!!!!! DBF loves the cioppino, it's soooooooo good!!!! I had this the first time
Spinach and Ricotta Agnolotti
Topped with fresh spinach, sun dried tomatoes, julienne onions, and asparagus served in a light mushroom broth
and OMG, it was soooooooooooooooo good......I wanted it so much last week but wanted to try something new so I had the
Herb-Crusted Chicken Breast
Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and medley of seasonal vegetables
and another OMG, there is skin on and there is one bone but it was the best chicken I've had a restaurant in ages
DD13 had the
Santa Maria Style Tri-tip
Slow roasted over rock salt and smoked with red oakwood. Served with Cheddar-herb mashed potatoes and a medley of seasonal vegetables
and it too was very very delicious. The new menu is awesome!!!! I love the salad that comes out at the beginning, the marinated cheese is really good too, then there's the bread with the dipping sauces, the pesto sauce is just YUM!!!! And for dessert you get
And your party dined happily ever after
with a shared dessert: a bountiful, treat-filled platter!
Seahorse lava cake, chocolate-chip strips, cheesecake tarts with raspberries, s'more chocolate bites and a white chocolate conch shell of garden-fresh berries.
Here is the list of starters that you get
Once upon a mealtime,
there was an irresistible first course for all at your table to share...
A delectable antipasti tower

Salami, marinated mozzarella, string cheese, Roma tomatoes, gherkins, olives, red pepper bracelets, watermelon triangles, chilled crunchy veggies with Pesto and Ranch dips, and "Jewels of the Sea" fruit gelatin

A salad of tender greens, served with Ariel's Grotto house vinaigrette

Bakery Basket of whole-grain, sourdough-epi and spiral rolls

There are 2 items we have not tried on the new menu for adults, the redfish Filet of Redfish
Grilled Redfish served over wild rice pilaf, delicately topped with a sweet & spicy pineapple chutney. Served with a medley of seasonal vegetables
and the pasta w/sausage
Mafalde Pasta with Italian Sausage
Curly ribbons of pasta tossed in a Piemonte-style ragu with spicy Italian sausage, sauteed bell peppers and sweet onions

now I want to eat there for lunch.....LOL
thank you :) I trust if you say its good then it must be, I guess Im not the best connaisseur of foods these day LOL thank you :) you made me rethink this place to now LOL! we shall see .

teatime, if you won't like the cioppino by all means skip it, it does taste a bit fishy but it's still good. The agnolotti and the chicken were soooooooooooo good tho. I hope you do like if you decide to try it! :)

Has anyone been for Breakfast??

The lunch menu doesn't really appeal to me or my mum but the Breakfast menu sounds delicious!!!

I loved the Santa Maria tri-tip and mashed potatoes. They were excellent. The dessert was just okay, but maybe I was unfairly comparing it to the the desserts at Epcot's Akershus, which contained the best 2 desserts I have ever had at WDW. I would dine at Akerhsus again just for the desserts.

Okay, now that I've praised the desserts at Akershus, I should note that I liked the tri-tip at Ariel's better than the main course at Akershsus. I dined solo and they did give me a box to take all the leftover desserts since there was no way I was going to finish all of them by myself since I was already stuffed from lunch. It was nice to snack on leftover dessert while waiting for the MSEP that night.

I ate at Applebee's the other night, and while it's a restaurant that I quite enjoy, I couldn't help but compare the mashed potatoes to the ones at Ariel's. I found myself wishing I was eating the mashed potatoes at Ariel's again.

Has anyone been for Breakfast??

The lunch menu doesn't really appeal to me or my mum but the Breakfast menu sounds delicious!!!

We liked the breakfast too, it's served family style so you basically get a large platter with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham (I think there was ham, it's been a couple years), potatoes and you get the 3 tiered tray with breads, pastries, fruits, cheeses and spreads.

teatime, if you won't like the cioppino by all means skip it, it does taste a bit fishy but it's still good. The agnolotti and the chicken were soooooooooooo good tho. I hope you do like if you decide to try it! :)

The cioppino is indeed delicious if you are a fan of shellfish, but I have to say that I liked the mafalde pasta even more. Fortunately my wife couldn't make it through her entire plate, so I got to have some of both.

One note on the cioppino: I am pretty experienced at eating seafood, and yet I had no chance at all of getting out of there without some of the broth splattered on my shirt. One little slip and it's all over. If you feel bewildered when they bring you all of the tools to eat the shellfish, don't be proud -- tuck your napkin into your shirt like a bib. And bring a Tide pen! And enjoy!!

P.S. I am on record as saying that Ariel's Grotto is kind of hellish, but that is just because of the characters and noisy atmosphere they generate. The food was pretty darn good, definitely one of the best meals we had at DLR.

We liked the breakfast too, it's served family style so you basically get a large platter with scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham (I think there was ham, it's been a couple years), potatoes and you get the 3 tiered tray with breads, pastries, fruits, cheeses and spreads.

Its just me and mum going so we are going to be so full by the end of that !!!!!!!:rotfl:

Thanks so much for all the info, we have a ressie there for DD's 3rd bday. Will request to sit inside.

We ate here last month and were very satisfied!
It was probabally my favorite Charector dinning experience yet...
I'm 15 and it was just me and my mom so no one in our party was little but it was still very magical
When we met Ariel she was very kind she asked how our day had been in the parks and my mom replied with amazing and mentioned the fact I had performed that day in Disneyland and California Adventure
Ariel went Oh really so what competiton is here this weekend is it Nationals I said I'm on a there was no competition I'm on a National Performing team that's all then Ariel went... Well I used to go to Just Plain Dancin (The best dance studio in the Nation) Then she was like where do you go I told her my studio and she was like never heard of them, then she went well I hope you won your competition today, I was thinking didn't I just say I wasn't competiting lol
But you could tell that she wasn't as into Charector but we weren't really disappointed...
We came a few minutes late since we had the genious idea to ride Soarin and lost track of time
But they got us in very quickly...
We were lazy and did not look on the Dis to find out that the Boardwalk water had been tooken out and we requested outside dinning
In a way we were dissapointed with our choice but in another way it was fine
We got to meet Jasmin, Cinderella, Aroura, Belle, and Snow White it was alot fun for the two of us and this nice worker was standing right next to our table waiting for the charectors to come so she could take photos of the two us...
She was extremely nice and really made our days
The meals was amazing but there was way too much food for the two of us but I don't know if that's a bad thing lol
They brought us a huge basket of breads, a stacked platter with Salad, Watermelon, and some other things for our appetizers!
For the main dish I had the pasta and my mom had the Chicken and we both loved it very much!
Then for our desert it had lots of chocolates and small cake or something feeling with Chococlate and Chocolate Fudge
It was absolutely amazing
We would deffinately do it again in a heart-beat
It really was a special part to our Mother-Daughter trip!

DisneyDance, do you mean the chocolate lava cake? That's DBF's favorite, I'm so full by the end of my meal that it's hard for me to too much of the desserts, but I always have a bite of the cake and eat the choc chip cookie bars and the white chocolates. My favorites tho are the cheesecake type things, OMG, those are soooooooo good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter