Ariel's Grotto, 20k leagues area?

greenyskp

DIS Veteran
I know there have been updates on this, but I have some questions that i cant find anwers for anywhere on the net. Hope you guys can shed some insight....

With all of the pictures of 20k leagues under the sea's removal, I cant tell if they removed Ariel's Grotto as well. And than i was looking at disney surplus on ebay and there is a peice of the wall from Ariel's grotto on there. So whats up? Is Ariel's grotto being removed? And if not, where is the King Triton Statue? I cant find info on that at all.

P.S. I am not someone who got on the Winnie The Pooh bandwagon. I hate that its one Disney's biggest money makers. Granted its cute and all, but the marketing on it is ridiculous. I saw a winnie the pooh toilet for preschoolers at Wally World. It made me crack up. (you know....POOH....all the jokes on that could go on forever..) But im MAJORLY dissapointed that they are putting a 100 Acre Wood area in there. Playgrounds in theme parks are a bad idea in my opinion. The Honey I shrunk the kids area at MGM is always full of children gone crazy. My little brother got involved in a fight over who was gonna go down the slide first...And some little kid shoved him into one of those fake plants. He was 7. I know they have to be brainstorming on what to put there permenantly, but im scared it will just end up being the 100 acre wood forever. Disney execs know there are all these forums online, dont they read it? People would be extatic over a Nemo ride (though thats now projected for Disneyland in cali in the old sub ride there...) or a little mermaid ride. Or even a ride on another disney movie. I just have so much dissapointment with disney company, i love fantasy land. And slowly they are removing the best parts....

just my two cents...

I agree that the whole devil may care attitude of the playgrounds can be dangerous, but I don't think FantasyLand is losing much flavour -- Let's face it, if you put nostalgia completely aside, neither 20,000 Leagues or Mr.Toad's were great rides -- at times it was like cardboard cutouts and fish on strings. They are also movies that have not aged well, as opposed to Snow White, Cinderella, etc which are still regarded as strong classics. What I do regret is the Skyway -- that was the best and I hate that it is gone.

We were just there 2 weeks ago... and Ariel's Grotto was there. In terms of playgrounds, we appreciate them with a 2 year old who asks to "run around"...
without them, she would be stuck in a carriage or a ride (not always a favorite for a 2 year old).
We also went to Mickey's Toontown Fair... and it was our daughter's favorite part of the trip... she kept saying, "Mickey's house."... and who could argue... she really saw Mickey, and his house. It was truly magical for us, and her! ::MickeyMo

first off give pooh some credit he is pretty cool i watched all of his episodes, anyway how was 20 leagues and mr. toad i am 12 and went to disney first in 97 so i am dying to hear how those rides were so if someone doesn't mind to describe those two rides to me please tell me some about them thanks

Peterpan217,
Go to www.yesterland.com
This site will fill you in on things that are no longer.

20K Leagues was an experience I'm glad to have and sad that my kids won't have. There are some that never liked that ride but many who did and miss it.
pirate:

Yesterland is a great site, but it is basically about Disneyland. Widen your world is a site with WDW former attractions.

I think the real genius [activate sarcasm meter] of the 100 acre wood is that it may well reduce the lines at fantasyland attractions without affecting the number of people Disney lets in the gate.

thanks chrislovesminnie and mitros can you tell me mitros what to log in to for widen your world thanks

mitros said:
Yesterland is a great site, but it is basically about Disneyland. Widen your world is a site with WDW former attractions.

Do you have a link, mitros? :sunny:

Also, I am out of the loop. I had no idea that the plan was for 100 acre woods playground. Where can I find more info about this?

Ali

Just type in : widen your world, that will lead you to the site. You dont need to type .com or w w w

OK, try this; use www, and seperate the 3 words {widen your world} if you run the words together,: widenyourworld, it doesn't work. Try it again that way.

Actually, I'm not. I did on my old computer, but not on this new one our son built for us.

I was concerned about King triton. Where is he? Doesnt anyone know? Or let me know if Disney Surplus gets him on ebay. :sad2:

Thanks for the links. . .so many memories. I still have my 1977 visitor's book and It's a Small World book with 331/2 record. I'll never forget the Electric parade - it was the best :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter