Ariel's Grotto Closing??

mississaugamom

DIS Veteran
I called to make PS reservations yesterday for our August trip to DL/DCA. I was able to book Blue Bayou with no problems, but when I tried to book dinner at Ariel's Grotto, I was told that they're not taking PS's for that restaurant in August due to "pending changes".

Has anyone heard anything about these "changes"?? Is the restaurant going to be closed? I know the characters switched recently and Ariel is no longer there.

Any assistance will be gratefully appreciated!

Arlene

I was just there a couple of weeks ago and it was very busy and popular. There is not a big entry way and most of the dining is located on a lower level via staircase or small elevator. Perhaps more needs to be done physically to the place for handicap accessibility. The food was pretty good but not fabulous so I hope that it isn't going away! Beautiful view of the water. We went for lunch but wish we had done dinner for the view!

Just my opinion, but I think the name should be changed since Ariel isn't there. We went in March and it was a great experience, but I did expect Ariel there since her name is on the place. I haven't heard anything though.

I called a few days ago & I got a PS for Ariel's Grotto for August 10th. They didn't say nothing to me about being closed!

jacksonsmom said:
I called a few days ago & I got a PS for Ariel's Grotto for August 10th. They didn't say nothing to me about being closed!

Thanks! I'll call them back today!

Arlene

jacksonsmom said:

I called a few weeks ago to make PSs for August 4th or 5th (I forget) and didn't have any problems.

Thanks for all the answers, everyone!

I called back this morning, got a different CM, and was told that this restaurant only accepts PS's 6 weeks in advance instead of 60 days.

I'll try again on July 8. :goodvibes

Arlene

By the way, just to let everyone know. We were just there last week and walked up around 5:30 or 6 asking if we could get a table. We were seated right away and we didn't even have a PS. It was a totally great experience.

I called for Ariel's Grotto tonight for August 22 and was told the hours were changing and I needed to call back next week.

I called last night to book Blue Bayou for August 21st and was told no PS's were being taken for that day due to it being closed or a private party booking the restaurant for the entire day. When I called tonight I thought I would check again - no problem got what I wanted!!

Maybe my 60 day count is off by one day :confused3

JMO....
I find it odd that Disneyland does PS by name only while WDW gives you a confirmation number.

I'm trying to get use to the differences - can you tell I am a WDW Veteran and a DL Novice!!

Mississaugamom,
I called a couple of weeks ago and got PS for Ariel's Grotto and Blue Bayou for July 31 and Aug. 1. I'd try again! BTW, I have cousins in Mississauga.

I tried yesterday(wed) :confused3 and was told to call back for Ariel's. I was told there are changes happening??

Ate there in Dec and enjoyed it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter