Arlington Convention Report

going2wdw

Praying for peace
I'm much more awake today so I can post my thoughts and hilights of the Arlington Convention. The best part was meeting fellow DIS'ers MerryPoppins, MinnieAnn, d4disney & Jacque (not posting but may join in).

We finally found each other at the crop room, the hall was so busy that we each passed by the others mulitple times and our cell phones were pretty useless because of the noise. Note for next year: We need a balloon to mark our meeting place They did have goodies for every one and even a Disney package so that worked out well. I won a prize bag at the very end with even more goodies so it was a good night. We worked on our pages and shared what we had with us. The ideas I remember right now that I've got plans for were:

1) Melissa had some certificates from the flag raising at WL, instead of putting the certificate in the book se had a miniature copy made at Kinko and included it. Made it easier to fit on the page with the picutres and made a great memory. Makes me want to stay as WL sometime just for that! I plan to use this with some of the certificates and other things, I have a scanner so will just scan them and print them on photo paper for my mini copies.

2) Ann has almost every Disney punch, and had used them in some really neat ways. I'm going to have to break down and get some of those. Also some neat resort pages and cruise ones.

3) Denise had some wonderful cruise albums and was doing great pages with family photos. One of these days maybe we can get her to post her cruise pages, I haven't done a cruise but I think everyone else had :( Maybe some day.

4) Jacque was working on Diecuts with chalk and making some really neat stuff. I'm not quite ready for that but the effects were neat to see and it's nice to see what can be done with those.

I took a couple of classes. One was a cutting class and didn't prove to be very helpful. I was looking for more this is how you hold the knife and lots of shapes to work on but was pretty basic and more on how to make a page than how to use the tools. The other was a border class and it was interesting, I don't know if I'll do too much of it but the teacher has some idea books and the basic idea is too premake borders and designs from papers and stickers so you can quickly put together pages. Her website is www.scrapbookborders.com and everyone got a scrapbook beanie bear which made me very happy :) .

I was kind of overwhelmed with the shopping. I did buy a rolling scrapbook organizer, actually my orginal cart I planned to use fell apart and I was desparate so broke down. This will make it much easier to scrapbook at crops and when I travel and I was planning on getting something eventually so this just forced the issue.

One vendor had mosic pictures that were really beautiful. I did buy a kit and will probably use this for some scenery pictures and some other things. Check the sample on their website. www.wishinthewind.com .

Friday wasn't a good day to shop, very crowded. I enjoyed the crop more than anything else and Denise and I will probably try to get together at one of the local stores to do this more often. Next year we will have to plan a couple of nights and hopefully more can join us. We may have to do some of our own games & prizes or maybe some swaps. With a year to plan no telling what we can come up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter