ARRGHH.......any North Easterners want to move South with me????

tink29

DCO Fan
Every year I dislike winter just a bit more than last year. Here in lower eastern Michigan, we barely get enough snow to do anything fun! If you want to snow mobile, or have some nice skiing, you have to drive a few hours north. And with the darn Flu running rampant in our house for over a week( and this starts EVERY January, among other illnesses), I've just about had it!

I truly believe I get the "SAD" syndrome too. I thrive on seeing the Sun! I love being outside, working in our garden....or just taking a walk in the park with the kids!! ARRGGHHH!

So, anyone ready to move with me??!!!;)

when i moved to dc from central ny, i thought i was moving south. this winter has really sucked here though too. :(

There are a few homes for sale in my neighborhood.

Won't you be my neighbor? :D

Count me in!! Beautiful sunshine with an ocean view would be nice!!:bounce:

Caity, come on with the rest of us.........to the real south. Where the sun shines almost everyday, and you don't freeze your hiney off!!!

Mom.....I'll be ready tomorrow!!!

Olena...How much? How many square feet? And what kind of job can I get??

Lots of jobs here. RubberMaid is about to move their HQ here. We already have the Lockheed-Martin plant, Home Depot, Delta, Coca-Cola, etc. I doubt Delta is hiring though.

Houses here are in the 2000 Sq-foot range, but there are plenty of others.

i'll be there as soon as i shovel my car out. LOL

My dh had to fly to Altanta last Wed. after all the snow. He works for Canada Life and their U.S. headquarters are in Atlanta. I asked him when he got home how real estate is there. I'm just about ready to call it quits here in Ma. Enough is enough!!

If my DH had his way we would have moved 15 years ago.A few weeks ago I muttered the words he has been waiting patiently to hear " I don't know if I can take another winter here"We had 2 weeks of - 35 - - 10.The only good thing is when it's THAT cold it doesn't snow.I told DH it can't be in a place too hot.So he is busy studying his Rand Mcnally map.We thought northern Fla around St Augustine would be nice.When you're a born and bred Yankee it's hard to give up the 4 seasons.
Anyone know about this area??
Heidi

I’m so ready! We’ve had over 120 inches of snow this year, maybe 130. I have had enough! This morning, it took me a half hour to chip the ice off my windows so I could see where I was driving. I’m ready to leave my winter coat, boots, gloves and especially the snow brush behind!

how are you tink???? We just got back from WdW. We missed the blizzard of 2003 here in New York. My DW and I always are thinking about moving to FLA. When we got back to see our driveway with a 7 foot wall plowed snow blocking it. We are thinking hard about it. I t was so great swimmming in Feb. and walking around in shorts.

I'm south & would love to trade places for a season to experience life in the nothern winter:)

Awww, I am sorry tinky. You can move down to Fl anytime, I would be glad to see you! :)

Oh and Olena's neighborhood is beautiful - move there. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter