• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arrival Day Dinner... DTD or GCH ..HELP?!

MaxnElliesMama

Mouseketeer
We fly into SNA around 1pm on 12/14 and will Uber (I think probably the best bet from SNA for 4? We've never flown in here before??) to Candy Cane Inn will check in and head to DTD to browse about/shop, etc. (No park tickets on arrival day).

We have Tortilla Jos and Storytellers reservations for dinner, but haven't ever had either-- which should we keep?!

Our thoughts are TJ's probably has yummy margs and is convenient but my CHRISTMAS loving heart thinks dinner at the Grand would set the tone nicely, with the big tree and fires in the lobby..

Help us decide! Thank you friends! :worship:

I vote Storytellers! Perfect way to start your Christmas trip! Plus, you can find a good margarita anywhere in Anaheim. You could always go for margs after dinner.

We did Tortilla Jo’s this summer and maybe an unpopular opinion but I was underwhelmed. Haven’t done Storyteller’s but for the ambiance alone, I would stick with that!

Yep, another vote for Storytellers !! Enjoy the special atmosphere of the GCH. (plenty of drinks at the Grand...)
Perfect! We don’t care so much about drinks, just a perk not a necessity. I think ambiance will win hands down here.

I just haven’t ever seen anyone say anything about storytellers dinner, so I wasn’t sure!

We've always liked the food at Storytellers...... (don't miss the corn chowder...) as for tortilla joes, some people like it and many don't, so it has never been on our radar.
Yeah the GCH christmas atmosphere is great !

We've always liked the food at Storytellers...... (don't miss the corn chowder...) as for tortilla joes, some people like it and many don't, so it has never been on our radar.
Yeah the GCH christmas atmosphere is great !
MMM. I LOVE corn chowder! Thanks for the recommendation! :)

:offtopic: OP, I’m glad you posted this question. I’m kinda down tonight and thinking about your q completely brought me back to a Xmas time trip to DLR a few years back. All the happy Christmas vibes came flooding back, just wandering through GCH is one on the strongest Christmas atmosphere memories I think have. They do it right, have a magical trip!

:offtopic: OP, I’m glad you posted this question. I’m kinda down tonight and thinking about your q completely brought me back to a Xmas time trip to DLR a few years back. All the happy Christmas vibes came flooding back, just wandering through GCH is one on the strongest Christmas atmosphere memories I think have. They do it right, have a magical trip!
HUGS. I am sorry you're feeling down! :hug:

I have reserved the GCH Craftsman Bar, I think this satisfies everyone well. Cocktail for the hubs after our flight, good food options and still in the GCH!

I have reserved the GCH Craftsman Bar, I think this satisfies everyone well. Cocktail for the hubs after our flight, good food options and still in the GCH!
I think this is a perfect compromise. After, you could get a cocktail and dessert from the Hearthstone and sit in the GCH lobby or by the fireplace and enjoy the ambiance.

I was going to come on and say Craftsman or Hearthstone Lounge. If you want the Christmas vibes I would lean hearthstone as it’s inside and you’ll exit directly into the lobby. Craftsman is outside near the pool so less holiday vibes while dining, fwiw. Both are good options. We love the lounge and even if they took off my favorite appetizer (looking at you blistered shishito pepprrs) there is plenty of variety no matter what we’re craving. i’m excited for thr shrimp and grits on our next visit and the waygu burger and steak frites are always a winner for our boys.

have a great trip!

Edited: horrid typos ;)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter