Arrival Day - what would you do?

DogwoodDisney

Earning My Ears
Our past two trips we have gone to DS and eaten at Raglan Road on arrival day. For our next trip coming up I have the same plan since it seems to have turned into an arrival day tradition. However those 2 prior trips we stayed at POR, with a nice boat ride to DS. This trip we will be at CBR for our arrival night. I'm debating between going to DS for dinner at Raglan Road or going to dinner at 'Ohana, which we've never done. I'd like to try something different. My husband and 3 kids want to stick with RR, but I know they'd love 'Ohana. It would also give us a preview of the POLY, since we'd be checking in there 2 days later.

Another option is to do an Illuminations Cruise on arrival night.

Last edited:
I would wait to do Ohana for when you are a guest there. Stick with tradition if everyone else wants to do it and make an ADR while you are a guest at the Poly.

It seems you're outnumbered. Unless you sense they're somewhat more indifferent than you indicate here, and can be talked into giving 'Ohana a try, I'd probably stick with RR, too. It's hard to fully embrace an experience you feel begrudging toward.

The cruise would be fun, if expensive. If they seem receptive to it, sure!

It's Ohana for me and my family!! You and your family won't be disappointed! You may start a new tradition!

For convenience I'd stick with RR or some place at DS. If you must try 'Ohana it'd be easier while you're staying there. Poly guests may order the 'Ohana meal as an in-room feast. By all accounts it's a huge amount of food, you could probably order 2 or 3 meals and there'd be plenty for everyone and it would cost less. No festivities though so take that into consideration. If you can't get an ADR it might be an option.

I'd either stick with RR or go with the cruise if you want something new (and your budget allows - ouch!). Save 'Ohana for your Poly stay. Also, when at the Poly try to eat at Kona Café! Granted I haven't been there in years but when I did eat there OMG was it good. We actually have lunch scheduled there for our trip in a few weeks even though we aren't at the Poly - my memories of that place are THAT good!

D stick with RR for your arrival day. Add in Ohana for a night your actually staying at Poly. It will make even more of an impact (plus, after you've eaten too much, you can roll your way back to your room instead of trudging back to another resort hotel).

Thank you all. I think we're going to stick with RR. It also looks like DS has changed a lot in the past 2 years with different outdoor entertainment now going on. I don't remember seeing it last time we were there, so that will be fun too. I agree it will be better to experience Ohana while staying there.

If we do the Illuminations Cruise I was hoping to share it with another family.

Don't mess with tradition. But maybe add something you haven't tried in the Springs that you may have wanted to try.

That said, also try and get O'hans. Later in the trip, Maybe on a MK day.

Ohana is a coveted reservation and what if your arrival is delayed -- then you might miss that reservation. I would put Ohana while you are at Poly --It will make it a little easier for planning and you won't have to worry about going to MK then monorail over to Poly. Keep with your tradition, but if you arrive early then i would actually want to start my trip going to a park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter