• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arrival @ HS - getting later?

DoulaMel

Disney Doula
Day one arrival at SWGE was hours before park opening - is this time getting later as each day passes?

I don’t think people are lining up at 3 am anymore. If they are it is not many. We arrived a little before 9 yesterday. I did not check MFSR earlier but it was 90 minutes right before the regular crowds were let in. lines for Slinky Dog Dash were about 30 minutes from 9-10.

We're headed to WDW next week (arrive 9/8), so am interested to read about people's experience w/GE this week. I know it's unlikely to be predictive, what w/the hurricane coming and all the disruption associated with that...but still interested. Fortunately for us, our resort--reserved 11 months ago!--is the Beach Club, so we can walk over. Equally fortunately, I'm a very early morning person (routinely get up at 4 a.m.), so no problem w/an early arrival...but I hate standing in line outside the gate (would much rather stand in line at the ride!)...so would appreciate tales of how early you-all arrived this week, and how long it took you to get into GE and then onto the ride. Thanks!

Yesterday I was waiting at the gate to get in at about 8:35. I was maybe halfway back to the ticketbooths. The time for SR said 60mn. They let us in at 8:50 and did not hold us on the street. You did have to travel to the end of the street; GE people went left, TSL went right. I was towards the front of the crowd and walked past slow moving people. When I reached the end of the line, I was in front of the entrance for Oga’s. The app said 90mn wait. It was actually a 70mn wait but the line was growing very quickly. A few mn later it said 120mn wait. I was inside the spaceport after about 30mn. The time inside the spaceport goes quickly, at least the first time, as there is so much to see and hear, plus you can complete tasks from Hondo on your datapad.

I don’t know that this experience is typical though, I think a lot of people left early/canceled due to Dorian. Crowds are the lowest I’ve seen since Irma or, you know, like 2005 before WDW got to be the busiest place on earth. I miss the days of being able to stroll around the parks with nearly empty walkways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter