arriving 1/1/24 - will there be any Christmas decor left?

emmabelle

Crazy cat lady who loves Disney
we were thinking of taking a quick 4 night trip and the best pricing is 1/1/24 to 1/5/24. Will all the Christmas decor be gone by then?

we were thinking of taking a quick 4 night trip and the best pricing is 1/1/24 to 1/5/24. Will all the Christmas decor be gone by then?
No, there will still be some decorations up that first week in January. Usually they leave everything up until New Year’s and then it begins to slowly come down. They don’t do the overnight transformations they were once famous for. They will, of course, discontinue any special holiday entertainment and the food booths at Epcot will close down for their transformation into the Festival of the Arts booths. I have been there in mid January and still seen some holiday decorations around. We would kind of make a game of looking for any lingering holiday items.

I was there the first two weeks of January 2018
Sun Jan 7th was the Marathon
Tues Jan 9th, the MK was still dressed for Christmas.
Wed Jan 10, the MK was no longer dressed for Christmas.
Thurs Jan 11, one of the MK ferries was still playing their Christmas music loop.
Fri Jan 12, the Festival of Arts started at Epcot.

Christmas, in the past, often stayed up until Marathon Week(end). I don't know if they'll do the same now, but it surely won't be down on the first. Resorts are often quicker to move on decoration removal, but not so much at MK and EP in my experience.
They still do. If they remove the decorations before it's done that'll be a big change and athletes won't be happy about it.

This January, decorations were absolutely up in the parks through Marathon Weekend (Sunday the 8th). They were still up in the parks on the 9th as well. I can tell you the tree at AKL came down overnight between Monday and Tuesday, since I did After Hours at MK on Monday night and they were finishing up the dismantling when I got back to the resort! I'd expect the same next month, so full decor still up when you plan to go.

Small caveat, they usually take the Epcot tree down right before NYE for fireworks viewing. Other than that, the parks will still be festive as PPs have noted.

we decided to fly in on 12/31 instead of 1/1. I'm hoping that some food booths will be open in Epcot but not expecting it. Just hoping. ;);)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter