Arriving after 5PM to Any Disney Orlando Park: What's Your Strategy?

Schmagurty

Earning My Ears
I am going to be in Orlando for a conference early next month. Through the event, I'll have the ability to buy an "arrive after 5PM" ticket for about $50. I'm thinking about doing this after the last day of the conference ends. I'll be by myself. My question to you is: if it were you, what part would you go to and what would you do in that short span of time?

I should note that it looks like the Magic Kingdom closes at 6PM the day I'm planning on going, so not sure I'd be able to go to MK.

Definitely I wouldn’t go to mk. Are there any rides you are really wanting to do... fop, Soarin, sdd?
I’d definitely look at hours first, then pick by what ride you wanted to do most.

It's a bit odd since I'll be solo. If I had the kids with me, the new Carsland would be high on my list. But otherwise, I'm kind fo open to anything. Thinking if I could mix in a ride or two with a good dining option, it'd be worth the trip.

It's a bit odd since I'll be solo. If I had the kids with me, the new Carsland would be high on my list. But otherwise, I'm kind fo open to anything. Thinking if I could mix in a ride or two with a good dining option, it'd be worth the trip.

Toy Story, right? Cars is at Disneyland.

If Food & Wine Festival was still happening, I’d go to Epcot...maybe ride on Soarin’....then head over to the World Showcase, and wander around - taking in the ambiance, as well as indulging in some good food & drinks. I would then catch Illuminations, as it will be leaving next year.... :)

Just have a fun evening. If you are not making FP in advance, you can ride what ever may not be a long wait. Cruise the park, get a bite, and check out any entertainment that may be happening. You probably should pick a park with a closing fireworks/show. We do this almost every year. We leave from the Atlanta area in the morning, arriving between 4-5:00. Its just an easy evening to cruise and enjoy.

An adult can never go wrong with an evening at EPCOT. Great food, beverage, band in the UK, and other entertainment before Illuminations. You will have 4 hours, so while you are there, worth it for sure. If you want to check out ToyStory Land, the DHS is another great option. The StarWars fireworks/show is awesome, and the area is worth a visit. Not the greatest food in this park, but there are some good choices.

Depends on your liking. I wouldn't doubt for a second: I would go to AK if just to see Pandora and ride FOP. But that's just me.

However, an evening in Epcot is for sure a great stroll, with good food and entertainment, and Illuminations.

I'd either do

EPCOT: Test Track single rider and Soarin' (try to get a FP), then maybe the Land (if the lines aren't too long), and the Mexico boat ride before strolling through the World Showcase, grabbing dinner somewhere along the way

AK: Try to get a FOP FP (it's possible since it's just you), hang out at Pandora, ride EE and just stroll around,

If you haven't done FOP I'd go to AK and hope for a FP otherwise EPCOT in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter