Arriving at airport after car rental counter is closed

kandb

DIS Veteran
We are traveling out west this year, flying into Albuquerque. Our flight is supposed to arrive at 11:10pm and it looks like all the car rental agencies close at midnight. What happens if the flight is delayed and we get there after midnight? I always thought car rental agencies were open 24 hrs but maybe not here because they are not as busy?

I’ve had luck in smaller airports calling the rental company and telling them your flight number. They’ve always offered to stay until the flight comes in, even if it’s late.

No. In my experience most rental counters are not 24 hours. I traveled frequently and all over the country for work.

Whenever I've booked at an airport hotel, I've given them my flight info. I would contact the local office and see what their policy is regarding delayed flights.

Car rental desks are only 24/7 in locations where that makes sense. There's no use paying employees to be there at 3am if there are never any customers.

A quick search shows that Alamo/National does indeed close at midnight at the Albuquerque Airport. (Dollar closes at 11:30pm.) However, Hertz and Budget are both open until 1am. If you're concerned, you may want to price out one of those companies.

It's possible that the location will stay open if they know of a delayed flight. But, I wouldn't count on that happening unless you speak to someone about it. Do as bumbershoot suggests and call the location directly to ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter