• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arriving at Aulani Feb 4th! Excited! Any tips for me?

What part of LA? We are in Sterlington, which is about 10 miles north of Monroe. I grew up south of Alexandria, little community called Elmer. We all should have a meet and greet! There's another person who will be there on the 7th. I'm getting so edited!
We are from right outside Baton Rouge. Meet & greet sounds good. 19 days and counting!

For any of the activities that require sign-ups in the Community Hall (like ukulele lessons, drawing and stuff), make sure to head down as soon as they open and sign up. Those fill up really fast since there aren't too many spots available.

For any of the activities that require sign-ups in the Community Hall (like ukulele lessons, drawing and stuff), make sure to head down as soon as they open and sign up. Those fill up really fast since there aren't too many spots available.

Thank you! I have pre-registered the kids for Aunty's House. I guess I need to make some dinner reservations soon.

Is this for the adult activities?

Hi All,

1. Exploring the island - we plan to go to the North Shore and to Pearl Harbor, but we are staying a day at the end of the trip on Waikiki, so maybe we wait to do that until then....

8. Are the pillows good? nice ones?

9. Crowds- Does it feel more crowded than say....Disney's private island when you cruise? Or a cruise ship deck?

10. I really really don't want to go to a grocery store and buy all this food and then not eat it! It seems like every time we get to places, we got buy a bunch, then do not use it. Do you here? Or do they have snacks, chips, salsa, cheese and crackers, pop-tarts, etc....

11. Cell service - How is AT&T? Good or bad?

I am sure that I will have more total random questions later too...

Thanks in advance for helping me to make this a great trip for us!

There are a couple of things I wanted to add...

1. One thing that surprised me is the Pearl Harbor is huge! It took and entire day to tour. The North Shore was also one whole day. Try the maze at the Dole Plantation. (We cheated, but it's fun!)

8. The beds and pillows were actually really comfortable.

9. We went in July, and although crowded, we never had problems getting lounge chairs on the beach or dining tables. Dining outside looking at the ocean was amazing!

10. Across the street (an easy walk) is Island Country Market, if you just want to run and grab a snack without actually grocery shopping. Also in that shopping center are a few really good places to eat. I highly recommend Monkeypod Kitchen.

Have a great trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter