• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Arriving early to AoA after a Redeye...

a-mad

Mouseketeer
We are booked at AoA in a few weeks, and we just got really good non-stop airfare from Utah on JetBlue... but it's a Redeye, so we will literally be rolling into the resort on Magical Express at 7am. We know our rooms will likely not be ready until later in the day, so we are looking at our options for how to spend the day. We are leaning towards taking it easy that day and not scheduling any park visits that day. We are planning on taking Skyliner into the Boardwalk area later in the day for a meal. We would like to swim and take it easy while we wait for our room (maybe even nap at the Cars pool, or something).

Have any of you tried doing this? Is the resort accomodating where you can perhaps change in their lobby bathroom and use their pool, food court and facilities while you wait for your room to be ready?

You can absolutely get to enjoying the resort if your room is not ready, the only thing to take into consideration is that many hotel common spaces aren’t designed with bonus “space” for you get situated (like an “early arrival/late departure lounge” that I have seen in destination resorts). Change into bathing suits, store luggage with bell services, and start enjoying! I have changed in the bathrooms of all stars, the grand, pop, and port Orleans. I seem to recall that AoA and Pop’s lobbies are similar, just find a corner and come up with your plan.

You can absolutely get to enjoying the resort if your room is not ready, the only thing to take into consideration is that many hotel common spaces aren’t designed with bonus “space” for you get situated (like an “early arrival/late departure lounge” that I have seen in destination resorts). Change into bathing suits, store luggage with bell services, and start enjoying! I have changed in the bathrooms of all stars, the grand, pop, and port Orleans. I seem to recall that AoA and Pop’s lobbies are similar, just find a corner and come up with your plan.

I was hoping/expecting this to be the case, but so good to hear that you've had success with that strategy! Thank you for the advice!

No need to change in the Lobby Restrooms-all 3 Pools at AoA have Showers/Changing areas in the Restroom/Laundry buildings adjacent to the Pools.

Even better.... I didn't even think about changing areas at the pools themselves. Thank you!

I have a feeling you will have a very good chance that a room is ready, unless you requested a certain one.

That's great to hear. The last time we came in on a Redeye we were staying at BCV and our rooms weren't ready until later that morning (for 2 of our parties) and early afternoon (for 1 other). Is there somewhere on our reservation that we can request our rooms be ready as early as possible, or are they ready when they're ready...?

That's great to hear. The last time we came in on a Redeye we were staying at BCV and our rooms weren't ready until later that morning (for 2 of our parties) and early afternoon (for 1 other). Is there somewhere on our reservation that we can request our rooms be ready as early as possible, or are they ready when they're ready...?
I would make NO requests and go straight to the Front Desk on arrival and ask them for the very next room that becomes ready,that you don't have any requests.

We arrived at 7:00am with similar plans as you stated. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready. So, you may get some pixie dust and have the same happen.

We arrived at 7:00am with similar plans as you stated. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find our room was ready. So, you may get some pixie dust and have the same happen.

I am hoping some of that gets spread around our morning as well! Thanks for the hopeful news :)

Resort amenities are available all day- one cast member told me one can partake of the amenities (pool, etc) all day even on the day of departure.
However...I do not believe the Skyliner serves the Boardwalk area. Correct me if I am mistaken.

Sure the Skyliner serves the BW area. The closest station is at the Epcot International Gateway and is a quick 5-7 minute walk to the Crescent Lake resorts at BW/BC/YC and Swan & Dolphin.

Dave

Sure the Skyliner serves the BW area. The closest station is at the Epcot International Gateway and is a quick 5-7 minute walk to the Crescent Lake resorts at BW/BC/YC and Swan & Dolphin.

Dave
Dave- you are absolutely correct. In fact, I have done this walk.

Last month, following a red eye, I went to the AoA front desk. I asked if we could get a room early. The front desk was gracious, and gave us an available room. We were thrilled! Definitely worth the ask.

Last month, following a red eye, I went to the AoA front desk. I asked if we could get a room early. The front desk was gracious, and gave us an available room. We were thrilled! Definitely worth the ask.

I will for sure! Thanks!

Also, if your room isn’t ready (or even if it is, I guess) I highly recommend the Cars pool cones for a nice nap! A little private and no worries about sunburn on your winter skin! Love those things so much that I had to have the “I got cozy at the cone” hoodie LOL

We have always been accommodated no matter the resort or question when vacationing at WDW. I take "pixi-dust" with me in the form of pre-wrapped cookies from Cheryl's Cookies with an attached computer printed label that says, "Thank you". You would be surprised how the folks at WDW love being thanked with a special treat even though they are "just doing their job". I always take cookies for the pilots and steward staff on the plane and Magic Bus drivers love them too. However, TSA is unable to accept. I have even shared with children (after getting a parent's permission) that are behaving well and showing manners. This is as fun for me as it is for those that receive. (I have no connection with Cheryl's Cookies but they are soooooo good and pre-wrapped individually. Just what I need for my own pixi-dust.)

A lifeguard was giving us a little tour while showing us to the Big Blue pool last week, and he stated that the cabanas at the Cars pool are first come first serve right now for free (or maybe it’s always like that?). I imagine there might be some available at 7am when you get there if your room isn’t ready yet? He also said the Cars pool is also the warmest, just FYI.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter