Arriving in Miami and Leaving from West Palm Beach for Port Everglades cruise

kteach

Earning My Ears
Hi. I am looking into flights for a President's week cruise from Port everglades. We would arrive in Miami early evening the night before. Should we just taxi/uber to Fort Lauderdale area hotel that night to be closer to port? If so about how far is it, and how much for taxi/uber? Any hotel suggestions? Then we would be leaving after cruise on a flight from West Palm Beach...the flight is at 12:40 PM. Is that late enough to get off cruise and make to West Palm airport? If so, does disney offer shuttle transportation from Port Everglades to West Palm Beach?

There are way to many factors before considering hotels since there are tons around the area.

You would be fine on the trip in with staying in Miami or Ft Lauderdale the night before. The traffic in the area can be bad at all different hours (I have been caught in a huge traffic jam after midnight).

The actual day might influence my choice where to stay but typically I personally would do something near the port the night before. Morning traffic, if your embarkation is a weekday, might be tougher so another reason to go closer to the port. If your flight arrives very late and/or it is a weekend, that might not make the morning transfer quite so bad.

Don't know if DCL is offering transfers to WPB but that seems less likely. The time frame should be fine to get to the airport unless something odd happens like a delayed disembarkation.

Happy planning and always happy to answer any specific since the questions were a little general.

You do have lots of choices, based on lots of factors.

I have flown into Miami for a cruise and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott / Airport on Le Jeune Road. It’s in a complex with a Residence Inn and the MarriottMiami Airport - they shared a complimentary airport shuttle. I typically pick a Hilton or Marriott company property. And I read TripAdvisor reviews. Price also comes into consideration.

I have considered Hilton properties at the Blue Lagoon area - also in the general airport area.

Since rideshares have come into the market, I have seen many cruisers post that they have good success with them when transferring between Miami and Ft Lauderdale. In the past, I would have suggested a shared shuttle, it that seems less common now. You can get an estimate on the websites for Lyft and Google to see approximate costs.

(We have used FLL for our flights for Miami Cruises and taken Brightline train for transportation.)

Another factor is exhaustion after flying. Will you be tired? Would it be more restful to just stay near the airport on arrival and get up refreshed on cruise day? Or are you the type who will worry the following day about getting to the port?

Disney Transfers: ? This has been a mystery for a while. We thought it was contract related.

I would decide if I want to be in Fort Lauderdale, Miami, or even Hollywood for the hotel the night before the cruise. And book it ASAP. Prices Seem to go up the closer you get to the date.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter