Arriving on NYE... Opinions: will we get into Epcot at 1-2 PM?

It is really difficult to close Epcot for capacity. MK might be an issue, but Epcot can hold the population of Iceland several times over.**

** not really. I think Epcot is around 100k. Iceland is 300k.

I would try and relax a bit at your hotel and head over to Epcot around 5 or 6pm .Last time Epcot reached capacity it was in the 90s

You'll have no trouble entering Epcot any time during the day. Obviously be prepared for insane crowds and high wait times. But this is where FP's and breaks come in handy.

MK is where you want to be there early because they start hitting phased closures on NYE pretty early.

I recommend heading to Epcot before 5 because they do some great fireworks at 6pm that you'll enjoy

Here's a shot I took this past NYE of the 6pm fireworks
21l1xj9.jpg

"No trouble" entering. Getting to the entrance will take some time. In 2014, it took us about two and a half hours from Bay Lake Tower through the gates at Epcot around that time of day.

Yep, what the other's have said. Unlikely you will have any issues getting into Epcot. We went at 4pm on NYE last year and it was extremely crowded.

Unbelievably crowded doesn't even come close to describing it. We've been to all of the parks on one holiday or another and I have never seen a park so crowded in my life. Steer clear of WS, it was a madhouse.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter