Arriving Wednesday. Keep or Cancel?

Gabe Smith

Earning My Ears
We are supposed to arrive Wednesday afternoon and stay at AKL. Based on what you all are seeing for those that are down there, would you keep the trip or cancel? I know nobody has gotten to see the parks just the resorts, but what is your general opinion on how the next week will be.

Keep...without a doubt. Orlando didn't get hit anywhere near as hard as they could have.

If you're driving just pay attention to the gas situation. Other than that I would go for sure!

We're flying. Thanks for the advice. I wasn't looking forward to telling my kids it wasn't going to happen. They've been pulling the countdown rings for the last three weeks leading up to this.

We flew in a couple of days after Matthew last year, if we didn't know there had been a storm we wouldn't have thought anything took place. Looks like Irma and Matthew had similar impacts on the Orlando area.

Bill From PA

Keep. It didn't hit WDW that hard. A couple trees down in our section at Saratoga, nothing else in our sections.

We are in the same boat. The airport is still closed but SWA has not yet cancelled our flight. We ARE considering canceling because of all of the traffic heading back down into Florida over the next few days. Clean up and power outages for the locals- wondering if they'll go to the parks or resorts to get power if they're AP's. We're fence sitting right now.

Keep it! WDW is fine. They mostly just got downed branches, signs, etc. They have a massive labor force, huge supply stores, and practically their own power grid. They'll advise you if they need to move your hotel, and if they do they compensate very fairly.

We're in Tampa and are planning to head over tomorrow night for the DVC event at AK. We're not anticipating any issues!

Most certainly KEEP! we are flying in on Thursday and I am so excited I'm almost sick to my stomach! (sorry!) we are packing it all up tomorrow and off we go...hope to see you there!

Keep! Crowds are low low low today.

I wouldn't change resorts - if AKL needs to move people, they will.

I'm another vote for go - we arrive very late in the evening Friday and the anticipation is killing us! We're very very excited to say the least!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter