Art of Animation - Room Choice Help please

Nana2Callie

DIS Veteran
We are staying in the Little Mermaid section, but would like a room as close to the Food Court as possible. My husband likes to go drink coffee early. What block of rooms should we request? The first time we stayed at this resort we were at the end of Little Mermaid - probably the furthest room from anywhere - I promised my husband never again. Thank you for your help. We will also be requesting down stairs.

Buildings 7 and 9 are approximately the same distance to the food court - still far, but much better than building 8.

I personally prefer building 7 because at least you have a nice view of the courtyard or lake. Half the views of building 9 are the parking lot.

Maybe just request, as close as possible to the Lion King section.

I think what the PP meant is it a shorter walk from LM section to POP food court vs. AOA food court. The answer would be: no it is not. Although you can walk around Hourglass Lake or over the Generation Gap bridge to the POP food court, it is definitely not shorter. Any of the rooms closest to the LK section will be the closest to the AOA food court.

Gonna be a looooong walk no matter what. Just be prepared

also you can’t request 2 things. So floor is one. Location is another

Gonna be a looooong walk no matter what. Just be prepared

also you can’t request 2 things. So floor is one. Location is another
You can't request 2 things via MDE online check-in, but you can request whatever you want by calling it in as PP mentioned.

I'd also respectfully disagree that it's a terribly long walk, if everyone is able-bodied. While the LM rooms aren't necessarily a stone's throw, I was fully expecting a hike during our first stay there and was pleasantly surprised by the distance. We were in building 7 which would be my preferred choice. For someone to walk up and grab coffee in the morning, before they're tired from walking all day, I really don't think its too bad. The exception would be if its raining.

You can't request 2 things via MDE online check-in, but you can request whatever you want by calling it in as PP mentioned.

I'd also respectfully disagree that it's a terribly long walk, if everyone is able-bodied. While the LM rooms aren't necessarily a stone's throw, I was fully expecting a hike during our first stay there and was pleasantly surprised by the distance. We were in building 7 which would be my preferred choice. For someone to walk up and grab coffee in the morning, before they're tired from walking all day, I really don't think its too bad. The exception would be if its raining.
It’s not really the initial walk from the room to the food court and back again that’s bad. It’s when you get back to your room and realize you’ve forgotten a necessity like the creamer or cutlery and you need to make a return trip. Lol. That’s when you notice the distance.

It’s not really the initial walk from the room to the food court and back again that’s bad. It’s when you get back to your room and realize you’ve forgotten a necessity like the creamer or cutlery and you need to make a return trip. Lol. That’s when you notice the distance.
True, but the same could be said at any resort really. At every resort, there's only a handful of rooms that are a quick 10 second run to the food court. Even at a resort like POFQ that's compact or WL that's indoors, it can still be a decent walk to the food court for something small like that.

I look at it as we’ve been walking miles all day so what’s another 5 minutes

True, but the same could be said at any resort really. At every resort, there's only a handful of rooms that are a quick 10 second run to the food court. Even at a resort like POFQ that's compact or WL that's indoors, it can still be a decent walk to the food court for something small like that.
The walk from the furthest room out at POFQ is much shorter than the walk from the closest LM room to the foodcourt. Other than my room at the BC being right next door to the marketplace, I don't think being 10 seconds away is really possible anywhere. I'd say a 2 or 3 minute walk to the food court is pretty good and what many people hope for. A 3-5 minute walk is okay with the bulk of most rooms somewhere in this range. But a 6-10 minute walk at a decent pace (like the Little Mermaid rooms are) gets old fast. Just my opinion. I avoid CBR due to the size of the resort as well.

The walk from the furthest room out at POFQ is much shorter than the walk from the closest LM room to the foodcourt. Other than my room at the BC being right next door to the marketplace, I don't think being 10 seconds away is really possible anywhere. I'd say a 2 or 3 minute walk to the food court is pretty good and what many people hope for. A 3-5 minute walk is okay with the bulk of most rooms somewhere in this range. But a 6-10 minute walk at a decent pace (like the Little Mermaid rooms are) gets old fast. Just my opinion. I avoid CBR due to the size of the resort as well.
My point was that unless you're in a preferred room at a resort, there are virtually no rooms that are going to be a convenient walk back to the food court for something quick like sugar or a utensil. You're estimating a potentially 5 minute walk being ok but a potentially 6 minute walk, just one minute longer, is too far?

Its a subjective thing, everyone has their own distances they are comfortable with, so we can agree to disagree on the LM room. But I thought it was worth mentioning that IMO, the distance isn't as bad as some make it out to be, especially by comparison to other resorts. I went into my LM room stay nervous about the distance based on some things I read here, but ended up finding it totally fine. Just another perspective for people to consider.

Having been in that furthest out room at POFQ before, it is longer than a 3-5 minute walk (and I walk at NYC pace, so much faster than most car culture people). I've been in building 8 at AoA and honestly the walk felt exactly the same.

My point was that unless you're in a preferred room at a resort, there are virtually no rooms that are going to be a convenient walk back to the food court for something quick like sugar or a utensil. You're estimating a potentially 5 minute walk being ok but a potentially 6 minute walk, just one minute longer, is too far?

Its a subjective thing, everyone has their own distances they are comfortable with, so we can agree to disagree on the LM room. But I thought it was worth mentioning that IMO, the distance isn't as bad as some make it out to be, especially by comparison to other resorts. I went into my LM room stay nervous about the distance based on some things I read here, but ended up finding it totally fine. Just another perspective for people to consider.
We are a family who walks back and forth between our room and the food court/main building multiple times a day. When you do that often, you realize that even shaving off a minute or two in your walk can be a big difference.

Having been in that furthest out room at POFQ before, it is longer than a 3-5 minute walk (and I walk at NYC pace, so much faster than most car culture people). I've been in building 8 at AoA and honestly the walk felt exactly the same.
The walk might have felt the same to you, but the distance is not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter