Art Work

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
I appreciate that there is great art work , but I havent got a clue, to me the greatest painting ever is Dogs playing poker. So what is the line between great art or junk ?

510wQzqJmbL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder..

Personally, I like shapes and patterns rather than a painting of a tree.

now that you bring this up, I Photographs not painting, I like it of people not nature, I like to look at there expressions what there doing and think about what might be going on

I use to go around buying art at estate sales etc,
But now withh the internet people willl see painter has sold at auction and list the price they sold at. and I'll be like "you realize this isn't an auction"

For me art needs harmony. I'm not a fan of the Picaso style, where everything is disjointed. My favorite is Impressionism.

My favorite group are the impessionist. Monet is my avorite of them. However I do appreciate much modern art, not all but much. Not a gint splatter fan like Pollack. I am sure that he is much more than that but just not a fan of that style.

Last edited:

Art is what makes you giggle, cry, evokes a memory, makes you think.
There are few styles of art that don't touch me.
I do love Braque and Picasso though.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, whatever you enjoy is what you should have. Way back in the 70s we had a huge wall size picture of the dogs playing poker on our wall, my finace at the time was Scots and he thought it was the funniest thing he had ever seen. I have a brother who is an artist so every single wall in my home has more than one painting on it, some photo realism, some abstract, some taken from my favorite photos. We also have a number of undersea photos we have taken through the years on the walls and a great nude over our bed we picked up in Key West and a story board we got in Palau. It's all art to us.

I can appreciate the talent and ability of an artist, but don't get some things that people consider masterpieces.
I also don't get modern art, I look at alot of it and think that I have some examples of artwork from my kid's elementary years that look quite similar LOL.

Out of famous artists I love a lot of Monet's work.

And I adore the Herb Ryman poster I got last year at the Festival of the Arts of Epcot. I actually spent 200.00 and had it professionally framed. It's hanging in my living room.

I also enjoy the Greg Hildebrandt artwork in a couple of fairytale books I own.

And I'm currently looking at a poster of a painting I bought at Dragon Con many, many years ago that I love. I really wanted the actual painting but at 2000.00 it was too pricey for me. The artist is Mark Poole and it's called Morning Sanctity. He was a really nice guy too - he was there signing his work. That's another poster that I spent a bunch of money getting matted and framed professionally.

I think what separates kitschy/tacky/junk art from something that would belong in a gallery or museum is that good art shows that the artist is informed about technique, which may include color theory, perspective, anatomy, subject, composition, etc., and usually tries to convey some sort of message.

Although what is art (and what is good art) is certainly very subjective.. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and of course there’s no accounting for taste :)

I don’t really understand art, although I did once take an art history course and learned a tiny bit about it. I just know I like some stuff, and not others. My tastes are rather eclectic. My favorites are Flaming June, a photo of a pepper by Edward Weston, and Kandinsky.

I also think it’s important to see the actual art rather than a picture of it if possible. Its a lot different seeing a huge painting in real life versus a picture of it. I’m lucky to be near enough to nyc to have visited the Met several times. There’s always just so much to see! I remember once spending over an hour in a small exhibit of really gaudy, really expensive jewelry some guy had designed. It was fascinating to see this stuff on loan from famous people, including Prince Charles, and to realize people actually wear these huge diamond, emerald, and ruby concoctions that were worth more than my house!

Anyhow, like I said, I don’t really understand it, but I do appreciate art. Great quote I read: “”Earth” without “art” is just “eh.”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter